Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/8/21/17763360/tyreek-hills-domestic-violence-conviction-dismissed-and-expunged-in-oklahoma

guys, if Ty Hill can clear this air, anyone can eventually.   I don't care about predraft, after the draft, yadadada.   You either have the DV claim and accusations or you don't. Its that simple. Hill plead guilty, then did his civil duty along the way to get this all expunged.  Now, This guys scoring TDs in his sleep and he's electric on the field.  Im not sure i hear anything else currently in regards to Hill and DV.   Score TDS and make the NFL exciting/popular/ money.  Thats all the owners want at the end of the day.  Unless this hits their bottom dollar, (and it never does) it simply doesn't matter, sadly.  If say for example the Bears sign Hunt today.  The amount of Bears fans and NFL fans that will all the sudden walk away from the team/sport is such a small % is won't move the NFL needle the wrong direction.  The league and owners will always have interest, just as long as your still productive. 

Edited by BlakeP42
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, BlakeP42 said:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2018/8/21/17763360/tyreek-hills-domestic-violence-conviction-dismissed-and-expunged-in-oklahoma

guys, if Ty Hill can clear this air, anyone can eventually.   I don't care about predraft, after the draft, yadadada.   You either have the DV claim and accusations or you don't. Its that simple. Hill plead guilty, then did his civil duty along the way to get this all expunged.  Now, This guys scoring TDs in his sleep and he's electric on the field.  Im not sure i hear anything else currently in regards to Hill and DV.   Score TDS and make the NFL exciting/popular/ money.  Thats all the owners want at the end of the day.  Unless this hits their bottom dollar, (and it never does) it simply doesn't matter, sadly.  If say for example the Bears sign Hunt today.  The amount of Bears fans and NFL fans that will all the sudden walk away from the team/sport is such a small % is won't move the NFL needle the wrong direction.  The league and owners will always have interest, just as long as your still productive. 

I get what you're saying, but I don't think Hunt is anywhere close to the RB, that Hill is a receiver. 

2 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Pat's just drafted a RB in the first round. 

Wasnt implying Pats are going after him. Just that they’ve been signing guys with troubled pasts forever. 

• Like 1

I think they hand down a 6-9 game suspension but credit him with the 5 games he missed while on the exempt list in 2018. At least you would think his agent is pushing for that hard. Similar to Winston last summer... no appeal, public apology with some counseling, and he misses a couple games in 2019.

As for teams that could sign him (likely a 1 year prove it deal)...

Bears: They showed they don't like Howard's skill set in Nagy's offense. KC connection

Eagles: They have a big hole at RB, Petersons connection, fits the offense perfectly, and little cap space (Hunt will be cheap)

Raiders: They need a RB and have a history of taking chances

• Like 1

The Detroit Lions should go all out to get this guy.  Pair him with Kerryon and they might have the best RB tandem in the league. I'm sure their would be some media backlash for a week or so but some team is going to sign him anyway so why not Detroit. They definitely have to do something daring to improve their franchise.

On 1/21/2019 at 8:11 PM, Sonny_D said:

Wasnt implying Pats are going after him. Just that they’ve been signing guys with troubled pasts forever. 

Uh no. Not players who have videos showing domestic violence.

36 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

I think that you are thinking of battery.

4 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Yeah, Its too bad the police never filed a felony battery on Aaron Hernandez when he was in college after he sucker punched and ruptured a restaurant employee’s eardrum, instead settling outside of court with the victim. Or 6 months later when he was questioned about a shooting he was involved with. Or all the drugs and failed tests. Cause the Patriots obviously weren’t aware of any of this. 

And this is just Aaron Hernandez. 

Edited by Sonny_D

I don't understand why he has to be suspended for next season, especially when the Chiefs suspended him after the incident was leaked 

23 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Yeah, Its too bad the police never filed a felony battery on Aaron Hernandez when he was in college after he sucker punched and ruptured a restaurant employee’s eardrum, instead settling outside of court with the victim. Or 6 months later when he was questioned about a shooting he was involved with. Or all the drugs and failed tests. Cause the Patriots obviously weren’t aware of any of this. 

And this is just Aaron Hernandez. 

Different political climate, not an employee of the NFL, no video of said crimes, etc.

1 hour ago, kdko said:

Different political climate, not an employee of the NFL, no video of said crimes, etc.

Josh Gordon was this era no? I get it, no video. Anyway I can keep going with guys but we’ll just move on. 

2 hours ago, Sonny_D said:

Josh Gordon was this era no? I get it, no video. Anyway I can keep going with guys but we’ll just move on. 

Smoking dope =/= assaulting a woman

13 hours ago, urban2014 said:

I don't understand why he has to be suspended for next season, especially when the Chiefs suspended him after the incident was leaked 

The chiefs cut him and the league put him on the exempt list. One of the upcoming questions for Hunt will be if his missed games count towards his suspension or not, but I thought that while on the exempt list, the player is payed and games missed don't count towards suspension. I see a lot of people throwing around numbers like 5-8 game suspension, but I thought that 6 games was the league standard for this kind of thing, plus whatever he gets for the other two incidents.

31 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

The chiefs cut him and the league put him on the exempt list. One of the upcoming questions for Hunt will be if his missed games count towards his suspension or not, but I thought that while on the exempt list, the player is payed and games missed don't count towards suspension. I see a lot of people throwing around numbers like 5-8 game suspension, but I thought that 6 games was the league standard for this kind of thing, plus whatever he gets for the other two incidents.

I dont think the exempt list weeks can count because he wasn't on a roster, but i'm not certain.      I've been assuming 6 games is the call here,  but as you noted, they're looking at multiple issues so i'm thinking 8?    I dont imagine this will be a PR nightmare, even if he just gets 6.  There will be noise, but it will pass.    I bet the decision is already made, they're just waiting until after the Super Bowl to put it out there.  If there's a major world news event on a Friday afternoon in the 3 weeks post-SB, you can bet that'll be the time they announce it.   

2 hours ago, wonderbread said:

Hunt was cut and then put on the exempt list, so he was not getting game checks. Being on the exempt list kept teams from signing him so it acted the same as being suspended. One would think his agents main concern would be negotiating those 5 games to count as time served.

Edited by FISH20
error
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, kdko said:

To the NFL it's pretty much equal.

• Haha 1

On 1/21/2019 at 4:11 PM, kdko said:

I get what you're saying, but I don't think Hunt is anywhere close to the RB, that Hill is a receiver. 

You're saying the guy that led all RBs in rushing in his rookie year, had nearly 1,800 yards from scrimmage, and double-digit TDs isn't "anywhere close" to Hill? You're saying the guy that in his second season was on pace for over 1,700 yards from scrimmage and 20 TDs(!) isn't "anywhere close" to hill?!?!

phtvrs8s8w2qbwe.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, kdko said:

I said they have a long history of signing troubled players. I never said anything about severity of trouble. Besides, Kareem got charged with assault? Or that’s your interpretation based on video. 

1 hour ago, FISH20 said:

Hunt was cut and then put on the exempt list, so he was not getting game checks. Being on the exempt list kept teams from signing him so it acted the same as being suspended. One would think his agents main concern would be negotiating those 5 games to count as time served.

Hmm, I just remember reading this while Adrian Peterson was on the list. (from nfl.com - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000396169/article/what-is-the-reservecommissioner-exempt-list)

""The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List."

Essentially, Peterson can remain on the list for an undetermined period of time -- while he gets paid -- and doesn't take up one of the Vikings' roster spots."

I would also assume that ultimately, the decision is Goodell's to make and he may very well get "credit for time served", but nobody really knows for sure at this point.

Edited by wonderbread

Please bring the conversation back to Kareen Hunt. If you want to talk about Hill take it to his thread. 

2 hours ago, wonderbread said:

Hmm, I just remember reading this while Adrian Peterson was on the list. (from nfl.com - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000396169/article/what-is-the-reservecommissioner-exempt-list)

""The Exempt List is a special player status available to clubs only in unusual circumstances. The List includes those players who have been declared by the Commissioner to be temporarily exempt from counting within the Active List limit. Only the Commissioner has the authority to place a player on the Exempt List; clubs have no such authority, and no exemption, regardless of circumstances, is automatic. The Commissioner also has the authority to determine in advance whether a player's time on the Exempt List will be finite or will continue until the Commissioner deems the exemption should be lifted and the player returned to the Active List."

Essentially, Peterson can remain on the list for an undetermined period of time -- while he gets paid -- and doesn't take up one of the Vikings' roster spots."

I would also assume that ultimately, the decision is Goodell's to make and he may very well get "credit for time served", but nobody really knows for sure at this point.

If you are on a team while on the exempt list you do get paid still. I was saying since Hunt was cut he did not receive pay. So if they do negotiate a "time served" deal, the money won't need to be paid back, since there is none in his case.

And you're right, who knows what happens but getting credit for the 5 games makes the most sense.

8 hours ago, Gohawks said:

You're saying the guy that led all RBs in rushing in his rookie year, had nearly 1,800 yards from scrimmage, and double-digit TDs isn't "anywhere close" to Hill? You're saying the guy that in his second season was on pace for over 1,700 yards from scrimmage and 20 TDs(!) isn't "anywhere close" to hill?!?!

phtvrs8s8w2qbwe.gif

Yep.  Hill has been a top 5 WR the past 2 years since becoming a starter.  Hunt was on pace to be, but what workhorse RB under Reid doesn't do well?  Far more RB's come into the league and put up top 10 numbers their first 2 seasons starting than WR's.  In the last 3 years -  Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, McCaffery, Hunt, Conner, Fournette, Mixon, etc.  The list goes on, and all examples of that.  Some of them not even in as friendly systems.  How many WR's fit that mold?  Hill, JuJu, and Thomas in the last 3 years?  It will be telling if he performs like that elsewhere but I have serious doubts.

Edited by kdko

2 hours ago, kdko said:

Yep.  Hill has been a top 5 WR the past 2 years since becoming a starter.  Hunt was on pace to be, but what workhorse RB under Reid doesn't do well?  Far more RB's come into the league and put up top 10 numbers their first 2 seasons starting than WR's.  In the last 3 years -  Zeke, Barkley, Kamara, McCaffery, Hunt, Conner, Fournette, Mixon, etc.  The list goes on, and all examples of that.  Some of them not even in as friendly systems.  How many WR's fit that mold?  Hill, JuJu, and Thomas in the last 3 years?  It will be telling if he performs like that elsewhere but I have serious doubts.

Same can be said about WRs With s---y QBs

On 1/21/2019 at 10:18 PM, FISH20 said:

I think they hand down a 6-9 game suspension but credit him with the 5 games he missed while on the exempt list in 2018. At least you would think his agent is pushing for that hard. Similar to Winston last summer... no appeal, public apology with some counseling, and he misses a couple games in 2019.

As for teams that could sign him (likely a 1 year prove it deal)...

Bears: They showed they don't like Howard's skill set in Nagy's offense. KC connection

Eagles: They have a big hole at RB, Petersons connection, fits the offense perfectly, and little cap space (Hunt will be cheap)

Raiders: They need a RB and have a history of taking chances

I wouldn't count the Packers or Browns completely out of it. I still think he could be a packer and once he starts scoring touchdowns it will be forgotten. Aaron Jones might not fit the new system as well, but Hunt can pass block, run and catch the ball. Browns have Dorsey and he was high on Hunt. I do think he gets time served, but the question is does he miss 2 or 4 games to start the season.