Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I wouldn't count the Packers or Browns completely out of it. I still think he could be a packer and once he starts scoring touchdowns it will be forgotten. Aaron Jones might not fit the new system as well, but Hunt can pass block, run and catch the ball. Browns have Dorsey and he was high on Hunt. I do think he gets time served, but the question is does he miss 2 or 4 games to start the season. 

I would admittedly be shocked it he ended up in Cleveland. They have a very good young back who put up a very good season and has a great future ahead of him. I just don’t see them signing Hunt when they already have Chubb. 

4 hours ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

I wouldn't count the Packers or Browns completely out of it. I still think he could be a packer and once he starts scoring touchdowns it will be forgotten. Aaron Jones might not fit the new system as well, but Hunt can pass block, run and catch the ball. Browns have Dorsey and he was high on Hunt. I do think he gets time served, but the question is does he miss 2 or 4 games to start the season. 

Why would those teams take a chance on Hunt when Jones and Chubb showed so much promise in 2018? And why would Hunt go to a team with serious competition for touches? Eagles makes the most sense; huge hole at rb, no cap space and Hunt would be a great cheap option, offense similar to KC, KC connection with Petterson.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

I would admittedly be shocked it he ended up in Cleveland. They have a very good young back who put up a very good season and has a great future ahead of him. I just don’t see them signing Hunt when they already have Chubb. 

They won’t, it’s not even a consideration 

• Like 1

so i guess there is a good chance hunt will be making more then he did before this happened? 

2 hours ago, FISH20 said:

"Why would those teams take a chance on Hunt when Jones and Chubb showed so much promise in 2018?" 

He stated his reasoning, which I found solid. While I would further agree both teams will add, the Packers would be a pass, I think. Still, if Hunt is a quality 'back that's what teams are looking for. As for Jones, given that he didn't finish, perhaps coach McCarthy knew best all along? 

Don't be shocked if he ends up on the Bills(lesean replacement), Panthers(Rivera likes power running game pairs perfectly with cmc) or Miami(rebuild with not talent on the roster). 

His contract will be cheap full of incentives. 

People underestimate the desire for NFL owners to win games and given Hunt is a pro bowl rb and was hand picked by Reid there will be a lot of interest in acquiring him

• Like 1

Also forgot to add the Eagles as a destination, the owner is some sort of social activist and he supported the rapper named Meek Mills who was incarcerated for violating his parole and defying a judge. The Eagles also had a white collar insider trader on their team kendrick.  Hunt on cheap contract solves the eagles salary cap issues

On 1/26/2019 at 1:25 PM, Flyers_28 said:

so i guess there is a good chance hunt will be making more then he did before this happened? 

Before, Hunt's salary was artificially restrained by his rookie contract.  Now, as an unrestricted free agent, his salary will be whatever the market decides.  Players as young and talented as Hunt (despite his baggage) rarely make it to true free agency.

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

Also forgot to add the Eagles as a destination, the owner is some sort of social activist and he supported the rapper named Meek Mills who was incarcerated for violating his parole and defying a judge. The Eagles also had a white collar insider trader on their team kendrick.  Hunt on cheap contract solves the eagles salary cap issues

Even if they trade/dump Foles, the eagles have zero $.

8 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Even if they trade/dump Foles, the eagles have zero $.

They  have a bunch or spare part they can release. teams can be very clever in freeing up cap room

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

They  have a bunch or spare part they can release. teams can be very clever in freeing up cap room

They will need to bring in another quality QB backup...and extend Wentz this year.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:44 AM, dashoe said:

Meek Millz is an idiot.

Rappaport is off here, imo. I do not think Arians will want one of his 1st defining moves as the Bucs HC to be the recruitment of Hunt.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Rappaport is off here, imo. I do not think Arians will want one of his 1st defining moves as the Bucs HC to be the recruitment of Hunt.

Last I checked Arains is not a priest, he is a football coach so not sure why he would CARE.

I think the more plausible rationale is the Bucs owners don't want any additional controversey after dealing with jamesis issues last couple of years

58 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Last I checked Arains is not a priest, he is a football coach so not sure why he would CARE.

Because he is old and doesn’t need the headache that would follow Hunt...he’s just planning to have fun in the sun for a few years.

I’d be surprised to see Hunt in TB, build the OL first.

Glazers own Manchester United and believe me they have nothing but drama on that team, so I wouldn't be shocked. The family wants to win and they haven't been to the playoffs since Gruden, I believe. I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up in Tampa.

If they want a RB that bad go after Bell, not Hunt.

4 hours ago, kdko said:

If they want a RB that bad go after Bell, not Hunt.

Major price difference and I have a feeling that the league is going to see fresh in December RBs as a positive thing after CJA this year, Ajayi last season. 

On 1/28/2019 at 8:44 AM, dashoe said:

Frankly, I'm not sure why he wouldn't end up in Chicago.  

Chicago - perhaps the best opportunity for any of the running back needy/contender for a Super Bowl clubs in the NFL.  Opportunity to be a volume back/pass catcher.  Affinity for Nagy and knows the offense from Day 1.   I think it comes down to do the Bears want to take the risk on him.

• Like 1

On 1/31/2019 at 10:11 AM, dashoe said:

I think the more plausible rationale is the Bucs owners don't want any additional controversey after dealing with jamesis issues last couple of years

Odd habit you’ve got there, checking to see if NFL coaches are also priests. Have you found any yet?

5 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Odd habit you’ve got there, checking to see if NFL coaches are also priests. Have you found any yet?

I'm still looking, there is always one who hides his identity well. . .:D

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

Chicago - perhaps the best opportunity for any of the running back needy/contender for a Super Bowl clubs in the NFL.  Opportunity to be a volume back/pass catcher.  Affinity for Nagy and knows the offense from Day 1.   I think it comes down to do the Bears want to take the risk on him.

Bears are a destination too. nagy+pederson are both from the Reid coaching tree

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

I do not think the threat of backlash will come into play here...it will be whether or not they can take on his market price without losing Amos & Callahan as a consequence.