Boudewijn

Kareem Hunt 2019 Outlook

20 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Odd habit you’ve got there, checking to see if NFL coaches are also priests. Have you found any yet?

Does Frank Reich count?  He was a pastor.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Does Frank Reich count?  He was a pastor.

and a time traveler

Image result for quantum leap

• Like 1

I wonder if the saints cant afford Ingram, will they grab Hunt? 

Crazy i know but one could ponder

On 2/5/2019 at 7:05 PM, CABLE87 said:

I wonder if the saints cant afford Ingram, will they grab Hunt? 

Crazy i know but one could ponder

Hunts gonna have enough options where he can be the man that I can’t see him joining a team where at best he’s in a timeshare.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, petekrum said:

Hunts gonna have enough options where he can be the man that I can’t see him joining a team where at best he’s in a timeshare.

I’m not sure I agree. Most teams employ a timeshare of sorts. On top of that, since he will be serving a lengthy suspension, whatever team signs him will need to have a relatively capable RB in place to start the season. I don’t see any team immediately benching the current starter the second Hunt is eligible to play. Suppose the current starter is playing well? Hunt will likely need to work his way into a timeshare for a while until he proves he deserves to be “the man” on his new team. And it’s no guarantee that he’ll be as effective on his new team. KC was a dream situation, virtually any other team is a situation downgrade for Hunt.

Any team that signs Hunt can’t fully trust him, so the’ll need to retain at least one other quality backfield option in case another incident arises and he gets suspended again. No team would risk completely handing over the keys to their backfield to a guy with three separate  incidents under investigation. 

He’ll probably end up in Chicago as part of a 3 way commitmee with Howard and Cohen. If Hunt stays out of trouble, Howard leaves Chicago in 2020.

Edited by Lamont Sanford
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, petekrum said:

:D u funny

15 hours ago, petekrum said:

yup. chicago seems like an obvious place to land though.

19 hours ago, kdko said:

:D u funny

Hide and watch

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

yup. chicago seems like an obvious place to land though.

Gladly give him the Dion Sims $

Edited by psygolf

On 2/8/2019 at 9:38 PM, Lamont Sanford said:

"... KC was a dream situation, virtually any other team is a situation downgrade for Hunt. ... He’ll probably end up in Chicago as part of a 3-way committee with Howard and Cohen. ..."

While most will concede that Toledo, then KC were very favorable situations, some see Hunt's production more attributable to him being a very talented player. Low center with some of the skills of a workload 'back. Could be that his career enters a different chapter, more of a how-much-do-I-want-it phase. He's more of a bruiser, there's nothing special about his speed, suddenness or change of direction. As we know, the Chiefs got rid of him w/o hesitation & didn't miss him at all. Damien Williams quickly became the lead 'back & fantasy asset Hunt had been. As your comment suggests, it's reasonable to consider whether Hunt is or can be more than just a cog.  

2 hours ago, markrc99 said:

While most will concede that Toledo, then KC were very favorable situations, some see Hunt's production more attributable to him being a very talented player. Low center with some of the skills of a workload 'back. Could be that his career enters a different chapter, more of a how-much-do-I-want-it phase. He's more of a bruiser, there's nothing special about his speed, suddenness or change of direction. As we know, the Chiefs got rid of him w/o hesitation & didn't miss him at all. Damien Williams quickly became the lead 'back & fantasy asset Hunt had been. As your comment suggests, it's reasonable to consider whether Hunt is or can be more than just a cog.  

Same can be said about Leveon bell

• Like 1

Signed with Cleveland according to Sleeperbot. 

I. Am. Shocked.

Please tell me again how Hunt wouldn’t be playing in the NFL this year.

I have a hard time understanding what they plan to do here. They have two very good RBs, but not in the Ingram-Kamara mode. These are both legit lead dogs. 

Just now, Flyman75 said:

I have a hard time understanding what they plan to do here. They have two very good RBs, but not in the Ingram-Kamara mode. These are both legit lead dogs. 

Its why the Browns are the Browns

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Please tell me again how Hunt wouldn’t be playing in the NFL this year.

How long will the suspension be?

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

How long will the suspension be?

No one knows.

21 minutes ago, petekrum said:

Its why the Browns are the Browns

If that were true they wouldnt have signed Hunt lol.

He won't get a year long suspension so they'll probably start at 6 games and maybe it gets reduced. 

Spend more time out of the league for kneeling during a song than for allegedly beating up multiple women.  Good job, NFL!

• Like 3

Just now, BMcP said:

Spend more time out of the league for kneeling during a song than for allegedly beating up multiple women.  Good job, NFL!

He's only getting a second chance because he's talented.