Sign in to follow this  
jwk1325

Lose my 7th for both - keep Mahomes or Kittle?

Bored on a Friday and still stung from a brutal playoff loss (ie, scored 185+ in a .5 ppr league 5 straight weeks, only to bomb in the semis), so I figured I'd throw out an early keeper question to gauge some responses - Mahomes or Kittle, lose my 7th round pick either way.

In general, I'm seeing these 2 all over the place. Early rankings have Kittle as high as 18 and 22, but most mocks have him going in the late 3rd/early 4th round. Rankings typically have Mahomes in the late 30s to early 40s, but I've seen him taken as high as 7th (?!) and 14th overall in mocks. Any thoughts? Thanks, WHIR. 

I would keep Mahomes, who could end of being the #1 fantasy player again next year.  Also, as a bonus some dummy will waste a 2nd round draft pick on Kittle next year while you load up on WR's and RB's.  

Mahomes he's clearly the better player overall 

Mahomes for a 7th rd is the pick for me. You still may be able to get Kittle in your draft. Good luck!

I’d go Kittle. He’s a top tier TE at a position that has a lot of garbage. 

• Thanks 1

Boy that's really tough.   My first reaction was to say Kittle.   But while he looked like an integral piece of this offense last season, I do wonder if his role drops a little bit with having a healthy receiving corps and getting McKinnon back.     Still pr

I'd probably keep Mahomes.

While I've never been a "draft a QB early" guy, I don't really consider the 7th round early.  So I'd go Mahomes.

Return the favor?

On 1/16/2019 at 11:29 AM, ThreadKiller said:

I don't understand how this is even a debate. The answer is Mahomes and it isn't particularly close.

Early ECR has Kittle ranked #22 and Mahomes #27 and most mocks have Kittle early to mid 3rd round and Mahomes early to mid 4th, so I guess while you don't understand how this is even a debate, a lot of other people do. 

• Haha 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:01 PM, bhawks489 said:

When do you have to decide?

id probably go with mahomes 

Not for a long time ha. I was more just bored and looking to get some FF chatter going. I'll definitely wait and see how the off season shakes out before making a decision. 

• Like 1

Put it this way...your entire league is hoping you choose to keep Kittle.

• Like 2

Unless your getting 6 point qb tds drafting a QB in the top rounds is a good way to waste a pick IMO. And I mean top 4 rounds as top rounds.

Perfect  example is how you probably draft Mahomes late this year. This coming from 2 dynasty where I own Mahomes. 

Id keep Kittle and I love Mahomes as a player but TE is such a horrible position to fill why not sure it up. 

10 hours ago, UcanTry said:

Unless your getting 6 point qb tds drafting a QB in the top rounds is a good way to waste a pick IMO. And I mean top 4 rounds as top rounds.

Perfect  example is how you probably draft Mahomes late this year. This coming from 2 dynasty where I own Mahomes. 

Id keep Kittle and I love Mahomes as a player but TE is such a horrible position to fill why not sure it up. 

His choice will cost him his 7th rd either way.

10 hours ago, psygolf said:

His choice will cost him his 7th rd either way.

That’s even better value then for an elite TE then. 

The QB position can be filled later on but TE outside of the top 3 maybe 4 is a complete drop off. Now I don’t know who’s being kept but give me a player like: Josh Allen, mayfield, etc and kittle over Mahomes and pretty much throwing a dart at the wall every week 

1 minute ago, UcanTry said:

That’s even better value then for an elite TE then. 

The QB position can be filled later on but TE outside of the top 3 maybe 4 is a complete drop off. Now I don’t know who’s being kept but give me a player like: Josh Allen, mayfield, etc and kittle over Mahomes and pretty much throwing a dart at the wall every week 

He could still draft Kittle.

I believe history will repeat itself, Mahomes will have more blow-up games than Kittle next year, imo.

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

He could still draft Kittle.

I believe history will repeat itself, Mahomes will have more blow-up games than Kittle next year, imo.

He can also redraft Mahomes who postion is the deepest in fantasy. 

Its not not about blowing up, its the drop off from the elite 3 te to the garbage after that. 

13 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

He can also redraft Mahomes who postion is the deepest in fantasy. 

Its not not about blowing up, its the drop off from the elite 3 te to the garbage after that. 

Not sure how his keeper league is set, but I’d be pretty confident that he would go in the 1st rd of his draft.

Edited by psygolf

22 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Not sure how his keeper league is set, but I’d be pretty confident that he would go in the 1st rd of his draft.

Well then I’m the theory kittle would be the number 1 overall. Lol

Come on QBs should not be drafted early. You can fill the spot but not TE and with that being said who’s going to be the best TE available since the good ones are going to be kept. He’s going to end up with trying to stream weekly. 

Kittle projected ADP is top 25 and Mahomes is top 31 so even with that being said Kittle is still a better value with the same cost of keeping a QB

3 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Well then I’m the theory kittle would be the number 1 overall. Lol

Come on QBs should not be drafted early. You can fill the spot but not TE and with that being said who’s going to be the best TE available since the good ones are going to be kept. He’s going to end up with trying to stream weekly. 

Kittle projected ADP is top 25 and Mahomes is top 31 so even with that being said Kittle is still a better value with the same cost of keeping a QB

FFC has those 2 adp’s reversed (Mahomes 23, Kittle 39)

I’m not going to declare who is & isn’t being kept, we were not given the setting.