Sign in to follow this  
jwk1325

Lose my 7th for both - keep Mahomes or Kittle?

16 minutes ago, psygolf said:

FFC has those 2 adp’s reversed (Mahomes 23, Kittle 39)

I’m not going to declare who is & isn’t being kept, we were not given the setting.

Fantasy pros has it the exact opposite way. Again drafting a QB early is a disaster waiting to happen. 

If FFC has Mahomes rated at 23 then they’re advise is horrible. Drafting a QB in the top 2 rounds with all the available postion players is a recipe for disaster. 

Again your avoiding the simple concept of trying to fill a postion that’s 3 players deep vs a position that’s extremely deep. It’s not about who’s “ranked higher” by some site that has no clue. 

Edited by UcanTry

21 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Fantasy pros has it the exact opposite way. Again drafting a QB early is a disaster waiting to happen. 

If FFC has Mahomes rated at 23 then they’re advise is horrible. Drafting a QB in the top 2 rounds with all the available postion players is a recipe for disaster. 

Again your avoiding the simple concept of trying to fill a postion that’s 3 players deep vs a position that’s extremely deep. It’s not about who’s “ranked higher” by some site that has no clue. 

Disaster?

Tell that to those who crapped out drafting Gronk early every other year.

I’ll take the player that puts up elite #s on a more frequent & consistent basis.

19 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Disaster?

Tell that to those who crapped out drafting Gronk early every other year.

I’ll take the player that puts up elite #s on a more frequent & consistent basis.

Lol your avoiding my point all again 

First off I like Mohomes and he’s my number 1 QB but still a disaster drafting a QB early. But to say he’s going to break records again next year is a stretch, again still my QB1 but it’s fair to assume Kittle has more room for improvement the Mahomes.  

First off if you took Gronk early this year then that’s whoever fault, writing was on the wall about that. Previous to the year Gronk was the number 1 TE, 2 of the last 3 prior years. And was hurt the other year. And speaking on that point TE was a easier position to fill during those years. We are taking about next year which not the “Gronk years”. 

Your “elite numbers” still apply AGAIN TO KITTLE. Why is that? Is because of the dumpster fire after the big 3 TE, I don’t know if you can comprehend that concept or if you just avoid it cause you know your wrong about the drop of from kittle to the other TE vs the drop of from Mahomes to other qbs. 

3 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

to say he’s going to break records again next year is a stretch

What season-long record did Mahomes break?

9 minutes ago, psygolf said:

What season-long record did Mahomes break?

Your telling me he didn’t break all kinds of 1st year qb  records and the be the 2nd player in nfl history to throw 5000 and 50. Your right next year it’s 6000 and 60 lol.

But again I’m about done with you cause you keep avoiding my point and attempting to redirect towards something else. 

Edited by UcanTry

8 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Your telling me he didn’t break all kinds of 1st year qb  records and the be the 2nd player in nfl history to throw 5000 and 50. Your right next year it’s 6000 and 60 lol.

But again I’m about done with you cause you keep avoiding my point and attempting to redirect towards something else. 

Consistency:  courtesy of FFtoday

Mahomes:  elite 62% of games 

Kittle: elite 31% of the time.

I’d reconsider your strategery. lol

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Consistency:  courtesy of FFtoday

Mahomes:  elite 62% of games 

Kittle: elite 31% of the time.

I’d reconsider your strategery. lol

Ugh still no answer I’m done with you since you have no clue and just redirect. You ask a question I answer then you say something else and avoid the previous comment. Go ahead draft a QB in the top 2 rounds and miss the playoffs, type lol your just a joke. 

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

2nd lesson:

you’re = you are.

Redirecting again shocker. 

2 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Redirecting again shocker. 

People helping people.

3 minutes ago, UcanTry said:

Ugh still no answer I’m done with you since you have no clue and just redirect. You ask a question I answer then you say something else and avoid the previous comment. Go ahead draft a QB in the top 2 rounds and miss the playoffs, type lol your just a joke. 

I’m very good at this ff folly...I thank you.

This is a perfect example of a strident urge to try an convince another that they know better than the rest that keeps the forum vets from coming over to this side of the website to offer help.

🤪

The keeper pick is Mahomes.

This is a keeper league. The idea of drafting a QB late is out the window. Following re-draft logic is completely asinine in a keeper/dynasty. Get top talent when you can AND keep it while you can. The importance of keeping Mahomes could be amplified even greater if other top QBs are kept. IF Mahomes were a keeper for a 1st RD price, than yes, the 7th for Kittle is more appealing, but that is not the case.

Plus, by not keeping Kittle, he has left open the chance to re-draft Kittle, which he has a waaaay better chance of than landing Mahomes in the draft, if he were to throw Mahomes back in the pool.

He keeps Mahomes, and he has at TOP QB indefinitely at a 7th RD price, and he has the 1st 6 RDs available with which to fill his roster...

If you like watching Chiefs games and Mahomes, choose him. There’s something special about watching your QBs games, and they should be fun to watch and on prime time often. 

People have short memories. Remember Vick,Payton,Brady after their insane seasons? Add on the loss of hill who was the most dynamic receiver last year and everything changes. Does everyone really expect mahomes to do as well without hill and all the things he forced defenses to do? Biggest argument for kittle though is what everyone else said...you don’t need to reach for a qb in the first few rounds. People never learn.

5 hours ago, ellie826 said:

People have short memories. Remember Vick,Payton,Brady after their insane seasons? Add on the loss of hill who was the most dynamic receiver last year and everything changes. Does everyone really expect mahomes to do as well without hill and all the things he forced defenses to do? Biggest argument for kittle though is what everyone else said...you don’t need to reach for a qb in the first few rounds. People never learn.

He got hurt, but Deshaun got way overdrafted his second year as well.

On 1/14/2019 at 11:19 AM, K197040 said:

Boy that's really tough.   My first reaction was to say Kittle.   But while he looked like an integral piece of this offense last season, I do wonder if his role drops a little bit with having a healthy receiving corps and getting McKinnon back.     Still pr

I'd probably keep Mahomes.

Agreed.

Mahomes is going to be the starting QB on a team that wants to score a lot.  Same as last year.

Kittle gets a different QB who had different favorite receivers.  Coleman also picks up big chucks of yards between the 20s.

I would like to see a little more stability around Kittle with the same results.  You can probably get similar production with a different player this year.  It won't be awesome.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Where are people getting their adps? Kittle is about a whole round earlier than mahomes 

Edited by bhawks489

4 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

Where are people getting their adps? Kittle is about a whole round earlier than mahomes 

Remember, these are the same people keeping a QB over Kittle. 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 12:00 PM, bhawks489 said:

In fairness, when this thread was started, Hill was still the starting WR (I think).  Before the Hill incident, I think Kittles had more question marks than Mahomes about returning a consistent top 3 weekly performance.  But, now that Hill is likely gone, I think Kittle is the easy choice.

On 5/20/2019 at 2:32 PM, K197040 said:

In fairness, when this thread was started, Hill was still the starting WR (I think).  Before the Hill incident, I think Kittles had more question marks than Mahomes about returning a consistent top 3 weekly performance.  But, now that Hill is likely gone, I think Kittle is the easy choice.

Though one post was from Friday touting Mahomes

20 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Though one post was from Friday touting Mahomes

There's always going to be someone.   But I can't see this even being much of a debate now.