Sign in to follow this  
tsh00k

Nolan Arenado 2019 Outlook

He has been struggling at the dish lately and I think it’s because he is a little banged up. 

Over the last 30 games he has 3 homers and he’s hitting .233. Something isn’t right. 

He has said recently he’s been playing hurt. It doesn’t sound serious but something seems to be bothering him. 

2 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

He has been struggling at the dish lately and I think it’s because he is a little banged up. 

Over the last 30 games he has 3 homers and he’s hitting .233. Something isn’t right. 

He has said recently he’s been playing hurt. It doesn’t sound serious but something seems to be bothering him. 

Seems like ever since Hamels plunked him intentionally he’s been pedestrian.  His at bats have been absolutely listless.  Ops about to dip under .900.  Hopefully some home cooking does some good.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Seems like ever since Hamels plunked him intentionally he’s been pedestrian.  His at bats have been absolutely listless.  Ops about to dip under .900.  Hopefully some home cooking does some good.  

Same thing happened to Khris Davis. He got hit on the elbow and his hand still swells up. 

That’s about right though. Hamels hit him in mid June. 

i hope your right!

5 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

He keeps fouling the ball off his toe as well. He mentioned post game it keeps getting almost fully healed then boom, another one off the toe. 

Nolan will not accept sitting a few games to get right. Hopefully he mends up a bit here soon. 

Posted (edited)

He has 2 multi hit games the entire month of July. Something is wrong with this guy, [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Thomas Harding has the scoop on Nolan Arenado’s growing list of bruises, aches, and pains that may or may not correlate with the All-Star third baseman’s recent stretch of tough baseball. As Harding points out, Nolan was slashing .330/.381/.602 through June 11th with 17 home runs and a 132 wRC+. The next day, Cole Hamels beaned Arenado with a pitch, and since then he has hit just .254/.351/.439 with five home runs and a 88 wRC+.

11 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

He has 2 multi hit games the entire month of July. Something is wrong with this guy, [...]

I’m not a fan of bean balls.  I think it’s chicken s***.  But Hamels hit Arenado for zero reason.  Guy plays hard, never shows anyone up.  And has his season derailed by some piece of s***.  Next time Rockies face Hamels whatever happens is justified.  High, low, doesn’t really matter.  Cole is fair game for whatever comes his way.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I’m not a fan of bean balls.  I think it’s chicken s***.  But Hamels hit Arenado for zero reason.  Guy plays hard, never shows anyone up.  And has his season derailed by some piece of s***.  Next time Rockies face Hamels whatever happens is justified.  High, low, doesn’t really matter.  Cole is fair game for whatever comes his way.

I agree. 

The Rockies have to see that something isn’t right with him. 

As we said above he has been struggling since Hamels hit him. Don’t you think it would be wise to put him on the 10 day IL so he can rest up? I’d rather not have him for 10 days and let him get healthy then have him struggling like this. You would think the Rockies would prefer that too. 

1 hour ago, Cmilne23 said:

"Next time" is great and all, but the guy that intentionally hurt him was standing sixty-ish feet away.  I was shocked he didn't charge the mound.

On 7/29/2019 at 2:40 PM, Cmilne23 said:

The Rockies in that game hit Bryant (and I think the previous game) before Hamels hit Arenado. After Arenado was hit the next time Hamels came to bat he was "beaned" in the same game. Say what you want about Hamels but in that game he followed the unwritten rule (protect your teammate) and took his lumps by going to bat afterwards.

Just now, Low and Away said:

The Rockies in that game hit Bryant (and I think the previous game) before Hamels hit Arenado. After Arenado was hit the next time Hamels came to bat he was "beaned" in the same game. Say what you want about Hamels but in that game he followed the unwritten rule (protect your teammate) and took his lumps by going to bat afterwards.

I get it.  I don’t like the execution of it though.  He came way too high.  These guys know the “unwritten rules” of the game.  That location was in the danger zone.  Lambert didn’t intentionally hit Bryant either though.  He just sucks and cant command his pitches yet, at that point he was a fresh rook.  In the context of it all Hamels is a Jack a**.  If someone earholes him, it certainly wouldn’t be unjustified at this point.

13 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

I get it.  I don’t like the execution of it though.  He came way too high.  These guys know the “unwritten rules” of the game.  That location was in the danger zone.  Lambert didn’t intentionally hit Bryant either though.  He just sucks and cant command his pitches yet, at that point he was a fresh rook.  In the context of it all Hamels is a Jack a**.  If someone earholes him, it certainly wouldn’t be unjustified at this point.

What would be the justification though?  The Rockies already hit Hamels once, Arenado was hit only once, and Bryant twice (going by memory)would tally up the Cubs would still owe the Rockies two hit batters.

Again going just by memory Hamels also had an rbi single in his next AB after being hit. He handled being hit much better than Arenado did.  I guess I like Hamels mainly for his "personalty"  ever since he hit Harper that first game. I didn't understand his reasoning then but admired that he followed what he believed and took the consequences of his actions in not hiding behind an excuse the ball "got away". He said he wanted to hit Harper and went out and did it. Then admitted while talking to the press afterwards

29 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Yes potentially killing him or giving him a career ending injury would certainly be justified. I certainly don't condone what Hamels did and these bean ball wars need to stop.

2 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Yes potentially killing him or giving him a career ending injury would certainly be justified. I certainly don't condone what Hamels did and these bean ball wars need to stop.

Agreed.  They definitely need to police it more.  Hamels is notorious for going up and in at guys.  I guess that’s my main issue.  This has been going on a long time.  Im probably more bitter that Arenado’s season is interrupted by these stupid shenanigans more than anything.  He’s been absolutely awful since that bean ball incident.   

Just now, Low and Away said:

What would be the justification though?  The Rockies already hit Hamels once, Arenado was hit only once, and Bryant twice (going by memory)would tally up the Cubs would still owe the Rockies two hit batters.

Again going just by memory Hamels also had an rbi single in his next AB after being hit. He handled being hit much better than Arenado did.  I guess I like Hamels mainly for his "personalty"  ever since he hit Harper that first game. I didn't understand his reasoning then but admired that he followed what he believed and took the consequences of his actions in not hiding behind an excuse the ball "got away". He said he wanted to hit Harper and went out and did it. Then admitted while talking to the press afterwards

They also went head high at Baez the previous inning and then later hit Rizzo who stole 2B and tried to steal 3B too as retaliation in a blow out, but Javy was too busy launching a bomb and staring down the pitcher as he walked to 1B bat in hand.

5 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

They also went head high at Baez the previous inning and then later hit Rizzo who stole 2B and tried to steal 3B too as retaliation in a blow out, but Javy was too busy launching a bomb and staring down the pitcher as he walked to 1B bat in hand.

Was one to Baez intentional?  It’s hard to tell, not being sarcastic at all but Senzatela is the absolute lowest of the lows in terms of pitching talent.  Never know when a loser like that is actually that erratic or actually hunting.  

COL 157 .287 .323 .575 .898 616 97 177 43 4 42 130 34 110 2
2016 COL 160 .294 .362 .570 .932 618 116 182 35 6 41 133 68 103 2
2017 COL 159 .309 .373 .586 .959 606 100 187 43 7 37 130 62 106 3
2018 COL 156 .297 .374 .561 .935 590 104 175 38 2 38 110 73 122 2
2019 COL 153 .314 .378 .586 .964 582 100 183 31 2 41        118 60 91 3