Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

Why else do you think Ertz is going as TE3 despite setting NFL records at TE for receptions and targets and briefly, for yardage (until Kittle broke it)? Competition for targets, especially from another TE Goedert.

I think Ertz is TE3 more because of all of the other weapons in Philly, not just Goedert, he was there last year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Fierylady said:

While this is technically correct, it’s disingenuous to a fantasy argument. Target share is an exceedingly relevant fantasy stat, everyone on the field has to share targets, the higher targeted guys are the better performing fantasy players, generally. Winston likes (or has liked, anyway) to target Brate in the short to intermediate areas where Howard would/has/will also thrive. If Howard gains those targets as we all hope, we’re golden. But Brate has already come through for him before and we know he trusts him so he can’t be utterly discounted as a hurdle to Howard’s success.

Brate isn’t an addition to the team.  He’s been there.  The only change is that Jackson and Humphries are gone.  The target share can rise for both players.  Still doesn’t mean Brate is “taking away” from Howard.

Why else do you think Ertz is going as TE3 despite setting NFL records at TE for receptions and targets and briefly, for yardage (until Kittle broke it)? Competition for targets, especially from another TE Goedert.

Because the team also added DeSean Jackson and JJ Arcega-Whiteside.  Alshon missed 3 games last year and Sproles missed 10.  Target share has to go down.

Edited by RMJ_12
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Brate isn’t an addition to the team.  He’s been there.  The only change is that Jackson and Humphries are gone.  The target share can rise for both players.  Still doesn’t mean Brate is “taking away” from Howard.

Because the team also added DeSean Jackson and JJ Arcega-Whiteside.  Alshon missed 3 games last year and Sproles missed 10.  Target share has to go down.

Perhaps only Agholor/ other meddling WRs targets take a hit.

Jackson taking the cover off could lead to more targets as Ertz is open more frequently. 

Anyway......back to OJ

Edited by this guy right here

41 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Perhaps only Agholor/ other meddling WRs targets take a hit.

They all will.

41 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Jackson taking the cover off could lead to more targets as Ertz is open more frequently.

Or Ertz being a threat could get Jackson open deep.  Ertz still won’t see more targets than last year.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Somehow got this guy in the 8th Rd of a 12 teamer. Planned on waiting on a TE, but couldn't pass up the value. Brate definitely scares me, but Winston should be slinging it all year playing from behind. Could be some huge garbage time numbers for OJ

Edited by scheibler
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, scheibler said:

Somehow got this guy in the 8th Rd of a 12 teamer. Planned on waiting on a TE, but couldn't pass up the value. Brate definitely scares me, but Winston should be slinging it all year playing from behind. Could be some huge garbage time numbers for OJ

Love when everyone in your league has the same "wait on a TE" strategy. 

Any recent news or thoughts on OJ Howard?  He's been fairly quiet this preseason.  

My fear is the OL issues, and the need for more TE blocking if that is the case.  Is OJ Howard a full-time player (snapcount wise), and is he a blocker or pure route running TE?  

6 minutes ago, davedavedave said:

Any recent news or thoughts on OJ Howard?  He's been fairly quiet this preseason.  

My fear is the OL issues, and the need for more TE blocking if that is the case.  Is OJ Howard a full-time player (snapcount wise), and is he a blocker or pure route running TE?  

Draft w confidence my grasshopper 

• Haha 1

IF he stays healthy he will be a monster, literally only thing holding him back from being included in the top tier of TE's is durability concerns for me.

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

IF he stays healthy he will be a monster, literally only thing holding him back from being included in the top tier of TE's is durability concerns for me.

Does Arians use TEs for receiving much?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, nine9s said:

Check pages 1 - 40 of this thread for competing viewpoints :)

10 minutes ago, nine9s said:

Not historically, Heath Miller is the best TE he has had ever had to work with.

2 hours ago, nine9s said:

Does Arians have eyes? This is an argument for talents far less than Howard's. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nine9s said:

: forehead slap :

seems like the tier he's in between is howard, engram and hunter henry. i've heard good arguments for both howard and engram. would rank henry last

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, trojans888 said:

Anyone expect engram to survive a lot of production?

Engram is on a pitiful offense that won’t support any viable pass catchers outside of Barkley, so there won’t be much production to survive.

Edited by MJJ28
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Armed_Rodgery said:

Well that was pathetic 

Garbage.  Waste of a draft pick.  I hate TEs

• Like 1

And Cameron Brate caught two short TD passes that were both called back because of a penalty on the offense.  Just in case you wanted more bad news.