Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

7 minutes ago, Hatfieldodger said:

I wish I also owned Hock as he looks to have great chemistry with Stafford. I'm not sure you can trust either but OJ is more proven. I can't look it up but which D gives up more points to TE and that is probably who I roll out there.

Howard put up 2 TDs on Carolina in the game he played against them last year. I think it might be a good idea to stick with him for 1 more week. I keep flip flopping between him and Waller vs KC. The biggest worry for me is it’s a Thursday night game, and Howard is away, for some reason I feel like home teams play better on Thurs night bore fest. I have no proof of that though.

5 hours ago, StevieStats said:

Brate had 2 targets and 8 yards. The concern about him is so overblown.

So the fact that Winston locked onto Brate in the red zone and seemed to forget all about Howard means nothing? Brate had TWO touchdown catches nullified by penalty.

Or did you not watch the game, just look at the box score, and have no idea what the context of Brate's line was before posting that? This is definitely concerning for OJ owners

1 minute ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

The Vegas prop bets don't seem very high on OJ tonight. If that means anything to anyone

It doesn't.

OJ matches up very very well against the short Carolina LBers. 

As mentioned above OJ torched them for 2 TDs and 125 receiving yards last year.

It's a drool worthy matchup for OJ.

The reason he is being bet against is because of how bad Jameis and the whole offense looked week 1. Matchup wise OJ has a delicious draw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, cs3 said:

So the fact that Winston locked onto Brate in the red zone and seemed to forget all about Howard means nothing? Brate had TWO touchdown catches nullified by penalty.

Or did you not watch the game, just look at the box score, and have no idea what the context of Brate's line was before posting that? This is definitely concerning for OJ owners

You're right. After week 1 it is apparent that Brate will end the season with 32/300/32

• Haha 2

If he has a bad game it will be painful looking at the score for 10 days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ponchsox said:

If he has a bad game it will be painful looking at the score for 10 days.

An inversely a 20 burger in your TE spot would be borderline orgasmic.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

An inversely a 20 burger in your TE spot would be borderline orgasmic.

At this point if he just hits his projection. 8.17 in my league(half ppr) I'll be stoked, anything more is icing. I still believe in him! Leh go OJ! 

4 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

really not liking having to decide between him and Waller.

I'm in the same situation. I'm giving him one more week. I owned him last year and saw that the talent was there. Fingers crossed.

39 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

I'm in the same situation. I'm giving him one more week. I owned him last year and saw that the talent was there. Fingers crossed.

The best TEs are those that play the most snaps, have little competition at their spot, and have a high percentage of their snaps running routes. Howard right now is playing good snaps but blocking on a lot of those, and of course he has Brate to contend with who is a more one dimensional player than Howard and thus is more often used as a red zone or passing down target. Howard is clearly a very good if not great player--we saw that many times last year--but he's also in a situation that isn't exactly doing him a lot of favors in terms of the ideal situation for an elite fantasy TE.

This is not to mention that his QB is garbage, his coach's offense has never produced a top-5 fantasy TE, and he's fairly injury prone. Usually I try not to overreact after week 1 but this very much feels like a case where we saw everything last week that reminded me why we should be concerned about the possibility of Howard being a season-long elite TE.

I don't want to get too AC with this post but I'm also a Waller and Howard owner. I've considered the above and weighed against the fact that Waller is an incredibly talented athlete, in a fantasy-friendly role with Tyrell Williams as his biggest competition for targets, with no competition at his spot. And then I acted accordingly in terms of who I decided to start week 2.

Edited by AnchorDown

4 minutes ago, HarambeLives said:

True OJ believer but just can’t start him over Hockensen this week. 

That’s exactly who I am starting him over this week.  Another turd like last week though and it’ll be the last time

I'm starting him over Waller, another dud and he's riding the bench.

9 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I'm starting him over Waller, another dud and he's riding the bench.

That's fantasy for ya. Would be just like fantasy sports for OJ to did this week Waller to ball and then you start Waller week 3 and he duds and OJ goes off.

Ughhhhhj

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's fantasy for ya. Would be just like fantasy sports for OJ to did this week Waller to ball and then you start Waller week 3 and he duds and OJ goes off.

Ughhhhhj

Yeah I completely expect that lol.

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Ughhhhhj

Or you start Waller this week and Howard goes off, fantasy.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, lla887 said:

That’s exactly who I am starting him over this week.  Another turd like last week though and it’ll be the last time

I just can’t man, I’d rather him do decent on TNF then have a 0-2pts to stare at for days. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Brate was seriously injured basically all season.

That's not true I picked up Brate when OJ went down knowing he would get the looks. He was healthy then. 

9 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

Or you start Waller this week and Howard goes off, fantasy.

☝️☝️☝️

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It doesn't.

The reason he is being bet against is because of how bad Jameis and the whole offense looked week 1. Matchup wise OJ has a delicious draw.

Doesn't change the fact that I’m still gonna start him with confidence but correction.... he had 53 yards not 125. 

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It doesn't.

I believe Fitz was throwing the ball to him that particular game.

Winston has a man crush for Brate for some reason. And Brate had two TDs called back last week.

41 minutes ago, Eaglesflyhigh11 said:

Is it now raining there?  If so my decision is officially made between him n hock

I’ve learned not to make last minute changes before TNF barring an injury. I’ve been burned too many times.