Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, ginocan said:

Seattle maybe because their TE went down and they are being aggressive to find a replacement. But highly doubt they are trading for a dude that getting paid top TE money. 

Houston? Well the last time a TE is a thing in Houston was at least 7 years ago. That was Owen Daniels. 

Cleveland is a contender? I don’t know what to say here. They are the Browns. Need I say more. 

Maybe he doesn’t get traded, but Seattle and Houston can definitely use a TE. I’ll throw NE into that mix. 

And as far as top TE money...where are you getting that? He’s in the third year of his four-yr rookie deal. In fact, there are 31 TEs making more money than Howard. 

Only problem with all this talk is that OJ needs to be traded first, and Arians needs every blocker he can get.  

• Like 1

Why can’t Howard start bitching about no involvement like Thielen, Diggs. You know squeaky wheel. Have some pride. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Islanderman said:

Why can’t Howard start bitching about no involvement like Thielen, Diggs. You know squeaky wheel. Have some pride. 

Kinda hard when you are dropping the passes you are getting

"According to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, the Patriots inquired about O.J. Howard but were told he's not available."

I guess the Bucs organization has some personal anomosity towards Howard, else i dont understand why this trade offer wouldnt even be entertained. Its not like they are using him remotely close to his potential. 

• Like 2

Been trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and stay positive and hopeful for the big game i know he is capable. Well, I'm tired of waiting. This guy sucks.

On 10/19/2019 at 5:55 PM, Jordan23 said:

Kinda hard when you are dropping the passes you are getting

Agree.  He hasn't been making plays at all.  If he asked for the ball more, I'd slam him if I were Arians.

Guy has to play better first.

On 10/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, screaming_vultures said:

"According to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, the Patriots inquired about O.J. Howard but were told he's not available."

I guess the Bucs organization has some personal anomosity towards Howard, else i dont understand why this trade offer wouldnt even be entertained. Its not like they are using him remotely close to his potential. 

they probably thought "damn, bill wants him? maybe he's actually good and we're idiots"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

presumably the bucs refused a 2nd round pick for him ? 

From the Pats that will be the 64th overall pick for OJ Howard.

Bucs are dumb, that's not a bad pick for OJ. I get that he is you g and talented but if you are keeping Bruce arians there is no need to be stingy with OJ when Arians isn't really gonna utilize him. You can sign a TE off the street to come block as another OL. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

From the Pats that will be the 64th overall pick for OJ Howard.

Bucs are dumb, that's not a bad pick for OJ. I get that he is you g and talented but if you are keeping Bruce arians there is no need to be stingy with OJ when Arians isn't really gonna utilize him. You can sign a TE off the street to come block as another OL. 

meh i mean Emmanuel Sanders just fetched a 3rd and 4th rounder, i wouldnt have taken that for OJ either

EDIT: we'd probably take a kicker with the pick anyway

Edited by kmoore1521

[...] I hope they find a way to get him involved during the bye not betting much on it though. Winston seems to like Brate more 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

2 hours ago, affliction said:

[...] I hope they find a way to get him involved during the bye not betting much on it though. Winston seems to like Brate more 

You bet he likes Brate more.  You might even say he’s a threat to Howard’s target share.

Am I a fool to believe Howard will become worth it at any point this season?

3 minutes ago, ImthenewGoff said:

Yup

3 minutes ago, ImthenewGoff said:

If you had to ask the question...

1 hour ago, ImthenewGoff said:

It would probably take an injury to Godwin or Evans for Winston to even look at Howard.

• Thanks 1

i'm holding through the trade deadline.  If he's not traded and non injury to godwin/evans by then, then i'll drop.  If you really need the spot though, shouldn't think twice

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just picked him up because apparently Delanie Walker can't seem to stay on the field.  The other options were complete trash too, but at least Howard has proven upside.  Might as well go with the trash that could put up a decent game once in a blue moon.

Everytime I see this thread bumped I want to go back to preseason and punch myself in the face for loving this guy so much.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see if they make it a point to get him more involved coming out of the bye. He's got a juicy schedule the next 3 weeks for what it's worth.