Flyman75

O.J. Howard 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ginocan said:


Seattle maybe because their TE went down and they are being aggressive to find a replacement. But highly doubt they are trading for a dude that getting paid top TE money. 
 

Houston? Well the last time a TE is a thing in Houston was at least 7 years ago. That was Owen Daniels. 
 

Cleveland is a contender? I don’t know what to say here. They are the Browns. Need I say more. 


Maybe he doesn’t get traded, but Seattle and Houston can definitely use a TE. I’ll throw NE into that mix. 
 

And as far as top TE money...where are you getting that? He’s in the third year of his four-yr rookie deal. In fact, there are 31 TEs making more money than Howard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only problem with all this talk is that OJ needs to be traded first, and Arians needs every blocker he can get.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can’t Howard start bitching about no involvement like Thielen, Diggs. You know squeaky wheel. Have some pride. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Islanderman said:

Why can’t Howard start bitching about no involvement like Thielen, Diggs. You know squeaky wheel. Have some pride. 

Kinda hard when you are dropping the passes you are getting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"According to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, the Patriots inquired about O.J. Howard but were told he's not available."

 

I guess the Bucs organization has some personal anomosity towards Howard, else i dont understand why this trade offer wouldnt even be entertained. Its not like they are using him remotely close to his potential. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been trying to give this guy the benefit of the doubt and stay positive and hopeful for the big game i know he is capable. Well, I'm tired of waiting. This guy sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/19/2019 at 5:55 PM, Jordan23 said:

Kinda hard when you are dropping the passes you are getting

 

Agree.  He hasn't been making plays at all.  If he asked for the ball more, I'd slam him if I were Arians.

Guy has to play better first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 11:49 AM, screaming_vultures said:

"According to Sports Illustrated's Albert Breer, the Patriots inquired about O.J. Howard but were told he's not available."

 

I guess the Bucs organization has some personal anomosity towards Howard, else i dont understand why this trade offer wouldnt even be entertained. Its not like they are using him remotely close to his potential. 

 

they probably thought "damn, bill wants him? maybe he's actually good and we're idiots"

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, screaming_vultures said:

presumably the bucs refused a 2nd round pick for him ? 

 

From the Pats that will be the 64th overall pick for OJ Howard.

 

Bucs are dumb, that's not a bad pick for OJ. I get that he is you g and talented but if you are keeping Bruce arians there is no need to be stingy with OJ when Arians isn't really gonna utilize him. You can sign a TE off the street to come block as another OL. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

From the Pats that will be the 64th overall pick for OJ Howard.

 

Bucs are dumb, that's not a bad pick for OJ. I get that he is you g and talented but if you are keeping Bruce arians there is no need to be stingy with OJ when Arians isn't really gonna utilize him. You can sign a TE off the street to come block as another OL. 

 

meh i mean Emmanuel Sanders just fetched a 3rd and 4th rounder, i wouldnt have taken that for OJ either

 

EDIT: we'd probably take a kicker with the pick anyway

Edited by kmoore1521

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[...] I hope they find a way to get him involved during the bye not betting much on it though. Winston seems to like Brate more 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, affliction said:

[...] I hope they find a way to get him involved during the bye not betting much on it though. Winston seems to like Brate more 

You bet he likes Brate more.  You might even say he’s a threat to Howard’s target share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I a fool to believe Howard will become worth it at any point this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ImthenewGoff said:

Am I a fool to believe Howard will become worth it at any point this season?

Yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ImthenewGoff said:

Am I a fool to believe Howard will become worth it at any point this season?

If you had to ask the question...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ImthenewGoff said:

Am I a fool to believe Howard will become worth it at any point this season?

It would probably take an injury to Godwin or Evans for Winston to even look at Howard.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm holding through the trade deadline.  If he's not traded and non injury to godwin/evans by then, then i'll drop.  If you really need the spot though, shouldn't think twice

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just picked him up because apparently Delanie Walker can't seem to stay on the field.  The other options were complete trash too, but at least Howard has proven upside.  Might as well go with the trash that could put up a decent game once in a blue moon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everytime I see this thread bumped I want to go back to preseason and punch myself in the face for loving this guy so much.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will be interesting to see if they make it a point to get him more involved coming out of the bye. He's got a juicy schedule the next 3 weeks for what it's worth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...