Flyman75

Evan Engram 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, tonycpsu said:

giphy.gif

Maybe the single greatest question/response I've seen in my decade in this forum. :lol:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, CroNY said:

Thats what happens when the coach has a speed TE running 4 yard curl routes getting clobbers by linebackers the whole game... He has been misused the entire season, Shurmur and other coaches are flying under the radar a bit because of how pathetic Kitchens is.. But do not be mistaken Shurmur is on the level right below of ineptitude. Obviously can't say its his fault he got injured but frustrating for sure. I would roll Fant out there if he wasn't on BYE, I guess I'll close my eyes and play OJ Howard. 

Really haven't watched any Giants games besides monday night.  But no kidding why have the fastest TE in the league never run past 5 yds.  You would think he was made to run seam routes.  

• Like 1

An MRI of Giants’ TE Evan Engram’s foot injury is being sent to noted Dr. Robert Anderson for a second opinion, per source. Giants’ HC Pat Shurmur called it “little bit of a sore foot” yesterday, and for now, Engram’s status is uncertain.

What is Dr. Anderson's fantasy outlook? How aggressive is he in terms of reading MRI's?

Edited by n00chness

if you drop him you can always pick him back up during the bye week i think, doubt ppl will scoop him up.

yeah between being misused and golden tate dominating targets evans isn't producing at the level that he should be, shurmur's fault, fire his butt

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pdog109 said:

if you drop him you can always pick him back up during the bye week i think, doubt ppl will scoop him up.

yeah between being misused and golden tate dominating targets evans isn't producing at the level that he should be, shurmur's fault, fire his butt

I wouldn’t count on that. With the lack of good Tight Ends, a team looking to improve its playoff roster would definitely claim him. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pdog109 said:

This is terrible advice...I’d pick him up in a heartbeat even though I don’t need a TE just for later trade value. 

Edited by RandyShackleford
  • Like 4

I'm looking to trade for this guy (keeper league) where I don't already own him, I just need to know if he is going to play again this year. While he could be a decent long term keeper/dynasty type player it makes a big difference if he can play again this year or if this foot injury is significant.

Foot injuries never seem to end well...

22 hours ago, youngrice said:

Really haven't watched any Giants games besides monday night.  But no kidding why have the fastest TE in the league never run past 5 yds.  You would think he was made to run seam routes.  

This bothers me too...they just have him running these underneath routes then stop...no seam runs, posts, nothing...ridiculous.

• Like 1

DarnIT .. Engram thread is on the front page, I just knew it was bad news. The TEs on the wire are just dart throws. No way can anybody know which one might be useful fit starts with Doyle/Ebron, Jonnu, Gesicki, Rudolph, Cook & Herndon. 

3 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

DarnIT .. Engram thread is on the front page, I just knew it was bad news. The TEs on the wire are just dart throws. No way can anybody know which one might be useful fit starts with Doyle/Ebron, Jonnu, Gesicki, Rudolph, Cook & Herndon. 

Thanks, I came here to see if he was out for the season. Then I could just drop him. Thanks for nothing. 😂

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, pdog109 said:

Horrible advice, in any competitive league he would be picked up in a heartbeat

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sure go ahead and pick up Engram and watch him tank your team because Tate is the preferred option and Shurmur doesn't know what he is doing anyway.

We'll see what happens ROS.

1 hour ago, RandyShackleford said:

This is terrible advice...I’d pick him up in a heartbeat even though I don’t need a TE just for later trade value. 

Who are you trading for this late in the season? Who will actually trade for Engram? What are you gonna get for him, a box of donuts?

Pick him up even if you don't need a TE, good job wasting a roster spot.

9 minutes ago, pdog109 said:

Who are you trading for this late in the season? Who will actually trade for Engram? What are you gonna get for him, a box of donuts?

Pick him up even if you don't need a TE, good job wasting a roster spot.

In just one of the leagues I’m in; I’d say the guys starting: Ebron, Witten, Graham, Doyle, and Olson would all be more than happy to trade for or pluck Engram off the wire. Try again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RandyShackleford said:

In just one of the leagues I’m in; I’d say the guys starting: Ebron, Witten, Graham, Doyle, and Olson would all be more than happy to trade for or pluck Engram off the wire. Try again

EE is basically in those tier of TE with the current play calling and Tate presence anyway.

EE can't do what he did with Eli or the giants offense being anemic/poop play calling by Shurmur.

• Haha 1

If you are a contender, just plug someone like Witten from the WW. He won't goose egg for 2 weeks. You should absolutely keep Engram for his amazing playoff schedule alone! If he isn't owned yet, Gesicki has a higher ceiling than Witten although a lower floor. No matter what, keep Engram for his stretch run! He isn't an elite TE by any means, but easily a top 6 TE with great upside.

If you are still battling for a playoff spot, I would sell low on Engram. It's unfortunate but necessary at this point in the FF season. Hence I might have sold even without the injury if I need to win out badly, since he has a bye coming up. Get a decent WR2 or RB2 in return from someone who struggles at TE and wants to solidify the position for the stretch run. There are at least 3 teams that struggle mightily at TE in each league. As a maybe disgruntled Engram owner you will be surprised how high he is valued by people who struggle at TE! As replacement ROS I suggest either Witten for floor, or Gesicki for upside.

Edited by frog34
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/8/2019 at 2:49 AM, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

@pdog109

In a 12 man league what te on the wire do you think is better/has more upside?

any TE not tied to idiot led pat shumur offense

maybe shumur gets fired on the bye week

FIRE HIS A$$$

Edited by pdog109

Obvious hold, just want him back for the fantasy playoffs. Seemed optimistic and shed the boot, so maybe 50/50 or better next week but please please please please for the love of God come back for the fantasy playoffs on MNF against the Eagles Wk 14 🙏

• Like 4

This guy ends up being a waste every season.

[...]
DND

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, GangGreen89 said:

Not even confident when he does come back. That offense is anemic. 

🤔

last time out, Jones tossed for 400/4 vs them J-E-T-S JETSJETSJETS!!!!

weeks 15/16 serve up similar palookas in the 'phins and the Indigenous Peeples ... 

that offense is far from anemic when they are in a favorable matchup - matter of fact, with all hands healthy and on deck, Jones has as prolific a set of weapons as anyone in the leeg.