Flyman75

Evan Engram 2019 Outlook

It's funny how I got questioned for taking this guy over Howard. Howard will be a beast, but whoever the Giants have at QB will be checking it down to Saquon and Engram all day.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

It's funny how I got questioned for taking this guy over Howard. Howard will be a beast, but whoever the Giants have at QB will be checking it down to Saquon and Engram all day.

I took him over OJ in 2 different drafts and didn't hesitate... I think OJ will do well this year but I really see Engram making that jump into the elite tier, also much prefer who Engram is competing with for targets compared to Evans and Godwin.

• Like 2

I honestly was between him and OJ, leaning Engram, looking up stats... and the guy 2 spots ahead of me grabbed OJ, so he made it easy. I definitely like Engram's situation more. Hyped to see what the kid can do this year 

Biggest mistake of my draft was passing on him for Ridley. Im gonna regret that one all year. Good luck fellas and enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BallinOnnaBudget said:

I honestly was between him and OJ, leaning Engram, looking up stats... and the guy 2 spots ahead of me grabbed OJ, so he made it easy. I definitely like Engram's situation more. Hyped to see what the kid can do this year 

OJ > Engram; standard

OJ = Engram; half ppr

OJ < Engram; ppr

28 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

OJ > Engram; standard

OJ = Engram; half ppr

OJ < Engram; ppr

yeah I could see that.. I'm in a half ppr league so it was real close. Happy I got him tho, a healthy, consistent year would be clutch

On 9/5/2019 at 2:40 PM, abc12345 said:

Top 3 overall TE this season.

Ofcourse, how about this year's Kittle. I don't even care who is under center, he is by far their best receiving option bar none. Any form of PPR and this kid is just god like , 14 targets WHAT!! send it 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Ofcourse, how about this year's Kittle. I don't even care who is under center, he is by far their best receiving option bar none. Any form of PPR and this kid is just god like , 14 targets WHAT!! send it 

I thought I messed up nabbing both him and Kelce, but if anything I can use him in my flex spot indefinitely and perhaps shop him for a solid RB2 or WR2 given my team is fully stocked on TEs (I have Aaron Hooper too). 

• Like 1

As the wise Dave Gettlemen once said.... I am in full bloom love 

Pretty much what we expected, the leading receiver for the Giants. He was out there banging trash cans together for garbage time points later in the game, which obviously we will take, but he was looking good while the game was still competitive. 

I think he will overtake either Ertz or Kittle and enter top 3 TE territory. Perfect storm: explosive talent, bad defense, no legit WR weapons, yet Barkley still demanding big attention underneath. Engram will eat!

As many things I got wrong according to Week 1, it feels so good to be right about this one. I also have Mark Andrews on my bench so either might be good trade bait. Not sure I wanna bank on Engram dipping in production at some point.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, dropshadows said:

As many things I got wrong according to Week 1, it feels so good to be right about this one. I also have Mark Andrews on my bench so either might be good trade bait. Not sure I wanna bank on Engram dipping in production at some point.

Frankly this is my idea with having both him and Kelce. I wanna see if I can leverage it for a top WR

• Like 1

I'm strongly considering benching Engram this week.  The Bills were the #1 TE defense in 2018, and the #1 QB defense.  Nothing appears to have changed this year.  With Shepherd and Tate out, the Bills can focus their coverage schemes on Engram.  I don't want to get into AC territory, but I have another top 10 option that faces a much less imposing matchup.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I'm strongly considering benching Engram this week.  The Bills were the #1 TE defense in 2018, and the #1 QB defense.  Nothing appears to have changed this year.  With Shepherd and Tate out, the Bills can focus their coverage schemes on Engram.  I don't want to get into AC territory, but I have another top 10 option that faces a much less imposing matchup.

Who else is Eli going to pass to though?

24 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

You’re crazy. Unless you also have Kittle, Ertz or Kelce, you’re not going to find a better TE to start over Engram. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

I'll bench him too and start Jordan Reed or Herndon. I'm sure I'll have immense success.

Engram locked and loaded. Dealing with situations at both RB/WR, not going to overthink this, was my star of week 1 and he'll be starting again this week. 

• Like 1