Carlos Correa

Gleyber Torres 2019 Outlook

6 minutes ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Very interesting to see him in the lineup a day after having to be taken to the hospital.  Whatever the doctors gave him, could they give it to the rest of the players? 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

Very interesting to see him in the lineup a day after having to be taken to the hospital.  Whatever the doctors gave him, could they give it to the rest of the players? 😂

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised as well. Not so much of his capability to play, but that they wouldn't just rest him anyway to play it safe. He's probably due for a day off sometime soon anyway. Nevertheless, into the lineup he goes for me.

Edited by Idoolittle

On 8/5/2019 at 5:50 PM, Idoolittle said:

Yeah, I'm a bit surprised as well. Not so much of his capability to play, but that they wouldn't just rest him anyway to play it safe. He's probably due for a day off sometime soon anyway. Nevertheless, into the lineup he goes for me.

"Tue, Aug 6

Gleyber Torres felt renewed "core pain" on Tuesday night, according to the Yankees.

Advice: Torres has started the last two days for the Yanks despite being sent to the hospital on Sunday for tests on his core. He left Tuesday's game against the Orioles after going 0-for-2 with a strikeout, which followed an 0-for-5 showing with two strikeouts on Monday. There's clearly something wrong. He'll undergo another round of tests in New York on Wednesday."

I still don't really understand why he was in the game. Hopefully it isn't anything long-term.

28 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

"Tue, Aug 6

Gleyber Torres felt renewed "core pain" on Tuesday night, according to the Yankees.

Advice: Torres has started the last two days for the Yanks despite being sent to the hospital on Sunday for tests on his core. He left Tuesday's game against the Orioles after going 0-for-2 with a strikeout, which followed an 0-for-5 showing with two strikeouts on Monday. There's clearly something wrong. He'll undergo another round of tests in New York on Wednesday."

I still don't really understand why he was in the game. Hopefully it isn't anything long-term.

yanks need to sit him several games.  give him blood work/xray/mri.  hes the future of the franchise.play tyler wade and the other guy.  no need to push him now.  

The dreaded core injury.  See ya in September G.

[Bench coach posts removed.  "Who should I use as a fill-in for Gleyber" has nothing to do with Gleyber's fantasy outlook, and varies greatly depending on your league, format, etc.]

Gleyber Torres is NOT going on the IL. Another full battery of tests revealed no injury.  He is considered day-to-day. 

Thairo Estrada was brought up in case a move was necessary but he will be sent back to AAA.

55 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

How is it possible that the Yankees medical staff is so terrible?  

Do you even know what is ailing him? How can you pass judgment on the medical staff when you don’t even know for sure what’s going on and/or what they are doing?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, aMediumPace said:

Do you even know what is ailing him? How can you pass judgment on the medical staff when you don’t even know for sure what’s going on and/or what they are doing?

Do you?

5 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Do you?

No, but I’m not criticizing the medical staff about a situation I know nothing about? 

1 hour ago, aMediumPace said:

No, but I’m not criticizing the medical staff about a situation I know nothing about? 

Have you not noticed all the NYY injuries this season? 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Have you not noticed all the NYY injuries this season? 

Just because they have a bunch of injuries doesn't mean the medical staff is doing anything wrong. Also doesn't mean that they're definitely doing everything right either, but I'm just saying you can't come to that conclusion just because they have guys out. There's only so much they can do. For instance, Edwin isn't out because of the medical staff, he's out because he got hit by a pitch. Things happen.

There are a few that you are wondering whether they're doing everything right. For instance, why did the Gleyber core injury flare up again? Is this something that should be preventable? Hard to tell without actually know the specifics on the injury, but I'm assuming the medical staff is getting paid pretty well by the organization. So they're likely doing everything they can (or doing whatever the organization tells them to do) when handling these players.

Guess his core is feeling fine, 3 homers today (so far).  The Orioles really solve most problems for opponent hitters though.  

• Like 1

• Lou Gehrig (14 v Cle)
  • Gleyber Torres (13 v. BAL)*
  • Jimmie Fox (13 v. Det)
  • Roger Maris (13 v. CHW)
  • Hank Sauer (13 v PIT)
  • Joe Adcock (13 v. BKN)

*ongoing

Most home runs in a season vs a single opponent. Kid is special.

Credit: James Smyth

9 minutes ago, Fenamo said:
  • Lou Gehrig (14 v Cle)
  • Gleyber Torres (13 v. BAL)*
  • Jimmie Fox (13 v. Det)
  • Roger Maris (13 v. CHW)
  • Hank Sauer (13 v PIT)
  • Joe Adcock (13 v. BKN)

*ongoing

Most home runs in a season vs a single opponent. Kid is special.

Credit: James Smyth

as much as i love him, this could be more of Baltimore is NOT special...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

as much as i love him, this could be more of Baltimore is NOT special...

He is one one away from Gehrig, no?

Edited by BMcP

Posted (edited)

another 2 hr night.  i feel like gleyber isnt getting the attention he deserves.  its going to other youngsters like Acuna, Bellinger, devers (rightfully so) and guys like Vlad jr and bo bichette

hes only 22 and has 31 homeruns with a month and a week left to play.  with judge slumping, id like to see gleyber hitting in the 2 hole right now...

only reason fantasy downside is that you probably cant pencil him in for more than 5 sb on the yanks

Edited by jfazz23

6 hours ago, Kramjam24 said:

He would be my 2nd round choice next year 

would love to have him next season but that's a bit too steep for me. If he had the greenlight to steal AND moved up in the lineup maybe but I can't draft a 6-7 hole hitter in the 2nd round

There are so many great young players around baseball right now that Gleyber kind of goes under the radar, even with the Yankees.

His last 83 games played:

.294 BA

.370 OBP%

.601 SLG%

27 HR

60 RBI

66 R

He's just 22 years old so it's fair to say the best is yet to come.