lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

May as well get this rolling for my guy. Came out of nowhere to dominate the Broncos backfield in 2018, balled all year long. Will he be the feature back still under the new coaching regime? What will his ADP be? 2nd, 3rd?

 

youtube videos probably won't play here because youtube is lame

 

 

 

 

 

Discuss

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think his ADP heavily relies on who the QB is next year. Don't think the coaching change will hurt, either. Not sure Fangios offensive philosophy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Think his ADP heavily relies on who the QB is next year. Don't think the coaching change will hurt, either. Not sure Fangios offensive philosophy. 

He doesn't have an offensive philosophy. That will 100% be up to the offensive coordinator. Fangio is there exclusively for the defense. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think he dips in production next year, and Freeman plays better.  Lindsay is still the better back and will get more share, but he'll finish as an RB2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought the kid did amazing, and personally I always root for UDFAs. I love it when undrafted or lowly drafted players with a chip on their shoulder and a lot of hard work outplay the presumed stars.

 

Having said that, in my main league his lack of pass catching is going to hurt. He can never be my RB1, but he's a good backup to have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are you guys feeling about Phil with Flacco at QB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, smeeze said:

How are you guys feeling about Phil with Flacco at QB? 

 

Price is right.

FantasyPros has him at 53 overall in PPR, RB23

QB difference is negligible 

Temper expectations due to increased committee usage, but no reason to expect his talent to suddenly disappear.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

 

Price is right.

FantasyPros has him at 53 overall in PPR, RB23

QB difference is negligible 

Temper expectations due to increased committee usage, but no reason to expect his talent to suddenly disappear.

His carries might go down a bit, but I think his receptions may see a big jump. He was underused in the passing game, and I think that changes. In PPR, he's probably undervalued right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, smeeze said:

How are you guys feeling about Phil with Flacco at QB? 

Pros: Same or better.   I’d consider the O line upgraded with James and Risner.   Lindsay will be full go by preseason from the freakish wrist injury so no concerns there.   Scan’s offense will be creative and multiple with Lindsay set to assume the bulk of the work in the run and passing games.  

 

Cons: Freeman is a necessary cuff imo.  More expensive than many others, and a strong showing could push this towards 50/50.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Pros: Same or better.   I’d consider the O line upgraded with James and Risner.   Lindsay will be full go by preseason from the freakish wrist injury so no concerns there.   Scan’s offense will be creative and multiple with Lindsay set to assume the bulk of the work in the run and passing games.  

 

Cons: Freeman is a necessary cuff imo.  More expensive than many others, and a strong showing could push this towards 50/50.   

 

I'm betting it's going to be a rb 1a vs 1b backfield. Scangarello is implementing a zone blocking scheme vs the gap scheme that was run last season , freeman played in a zone scheme in college so this should help his production. 

no idea as to which rb will dominate  but right now the price disparity between the 2 has me buying freeman

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 1:54 PM, ajs723 said:

He doesn't have an offensive philosophy. That will 100% be up to the offensive coordinator. Fangio is there exclusively for the defense. 

Every head coach or any coach for that matter has a n Offensive Philosophy. Do you think in his interview when asked offensive philosophy he said he doesnt have one?.  . . 🤣

it's fair to say he is not a creative offensive genius and will not be drawing the  schemes however as HC he has to be very comfortable in what his OC calls becuse it's his job on the line when certain calls need to be made to win games. 

 

Fangio’s broad offensive philosophy rests in balance. But not simply in the traditional sense.

“There are other things that need to be balanced in offensive play,” Fangio said Thursday. “Do you throw it short, intermediate or deep? Do you run inside, outside or have deceptive (plays)? Do you run gap schemes and zone schemes? Are you a play-action, movement passing game? When I say balance, I’m not necessarily talking about how many runs and how many passes. You need to have balance within your passing game and in your running game. I know that from having to defend it. That’s what we’re looking to do.”

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

His carries might go down a bit, but I think his receptions may see a big jump. He was underused in the passing game, and I think that changes. In PPR, he's probably undervalued right now. 

 

What do you think happens to D Booker then?  The guy that was stealing all his RB receptions?  He doesn't provide much value as a cut candidate cause you only gain less than $100k in dead money.  He's got no real other use than passing down RB.  

 

I'd personally keep him as depth and relegate him to special teams only, but what do you think the Broncos will do?  Because I agree that Lindsay could be better served as a weapon in the passing game over Booker and the Broncos would benefit as a whole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

What do you think happens to D Booker then?  The guy that was stealing all his RB receptions?  He doesn't provide much value as a cut candidate cause you only gain less than $100k in dead money.  He's got no real other use than passing down RB.  

 

I'd personally keep him as depth and relegate him to special teams only, but what do you think the Broncos will do?  Because I agree that Lindsay could be better served as a weapon in the passing game over Booker and the Broncos would benefit as a whole.

It's a good question. I think Booker will still get some work, but it won't be as much as it was last year. He's just not very good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

What do you think happens to D Booker then?  The guy that was stealing all his RB receptions?  He doesn't provide much value as a cut candidate cause you only gain less than $100k in dead money.  He's got no real other use than passing down RB.  

 

I'd personally keep him as depth and relegate him to special teams only, but what do you think the Broncos will do?  Because I agree that Lindsay could be better served as a weapon in the passing game over Booker and the Broncos would benefit as a whole.

 

Booker was the better pass protector and route runner last season so maybe this is the year the rookies completely takeover the backfield

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

 

What do you think happens to D Booker then?  The guy that was stealing all his RB receptions?  He doesn't provide much value as a cut candidate cause you only gain less than $100k in dead money.  He's got no real other use than passing down RB.  

 

I'd personally keep him as depth and relegate him to special teams only, but what do you think the Broncos will do?  Because I agree that Lindsay could be better served as a weapon in the passing game over Booker and the Broncos would benefit as a whole.

 

Nailed it.   They weren’t going to give an unproven, undrafted, undersized rookie heavy responsibilities in passing game.    Booker is quite adept out of the backfield- although I saw a few badly missed blitz pickups as well.  

 

Expect Royce and Lindsay to pickup targets this season.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Btw the Broncos O-line was already good, but they're going to be even better with Munchak. That has to be good for the RBs, whoever gets the carries.

Not the main consideration, but still a nice bonus.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Btw the Broncos O-line was already good, but they're going to be even better with Munchak. That has to be good for the RBs, whoever gets the carries.

Not the main consideration, but still a nice bonus.

 

Hopefully you’re right.   Lost paradis and Malik, added munchak, James, and Risner.  McGovern has looked good in limited action at center so far.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 11:54 AM, dashoe said:

Every head coach or any coach for that matter has a n Offensive Philosophy. Do you think in his interview when asked offensive philosophy he said he doesnt have one?.  . . 

I think you took the post too literally or maybe missed the broader point (also what a coach says in an interview is pretty meaningless). The point is he's going to let the OC run the offense. That doesn't mean he'll never have an opinion or input though...

Freeman is the only thing that worries me about this guy. He'll have another year under his belt and has too much talent to not cut into Lindsey's carries, even as a 1a, 1b thing as the year goes on. Still he can be had cheaper than a lot of guys who are IMO less talented or have as many if not more question marks. I hope he does not get nominated till late in our auction draft and I haven't got caught up overpaying for others so I can pick him up pretty inexpensively.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is freeman really a concern? He got beat out by an undrafted rookie. That’s not to say Lindsay doesn’t seem very good, he does, but usually it takes years for a UFA to steal a job. It must’ve been a combination of freeman sucking and Lindsay balling 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably I just wouldn't count out Freeman so early in each player's career...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Freeman missed a couple games with a high ankle sprang which is not easy to get over. I heard he played hurt for a lot of the season. I think the Broncos would prefer that he become more of the early down back given his size. I do think the gap between Freeman and Lindsay will close. 

Lindsay is on the cover of Madden.

My gut say's there will be regression for Lindsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Lindsay is on the cover of Madden.

Doomed lol

Draft Freeman!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bomont said:

Probably I just wouldn't count out Freeman so early in each player's career...

Could end up being another Tevin Coleman that plays 2nd fiddle to Lindsay his entire rookie contract. A handcuff at the moment.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bomont said:

Probably I just wouldn't count out Freeman so early in each player's career...

 

I agree. He wasnt bad last year when he played lindsay was just really good. The New head coach doesnt play favorites or pander to anyone (atleast he sure didnt in chicago) whoever he thinks is the better RB will play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...