lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

hes an rb2 averaging 15 ppg in ppr and has had two games in single digits (as rb2s will do).  i own him and wouldnt sell for less than equal value in a straight up deal.

7 hours ago, tpat30 said:

I kinda wanna buy low, but gosh Flacco makes that offense look terrible. And it’s weird Freeman got so many carries.

If you all were looking to trade him, what are the names you’d be looking for in a trade?

Wasn't really weird, is the problem. Look at snap counts, Freeman has been getting a bigger and bigger share every week. His usage last night was right in line with the trend. This just might be a 60/40 split, with Freeman getting all the third downs and hurry up situations. It's basically a death knell for Lindsay. He's looking at 10 carries, and a target or two per game. He's an RB1 talent, but he is looking at flex usage... Plus the team is a pile of garbage.

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 1

Just now, herschel said:

hes an rb2 averaging 15 ppg in ppr and has had two games in single digits (as rb2s will do).  i own him and wouldnt sell for less than equal value in a straight up deal.

Thank you , I was about to post something like this . Folks are trippin 

2 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

yeah, between him and aaron jones, seems like a lot of people are of the "what have you done for me lately" mindset, but save that for the vent/rant thread and keep on truckin....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

I'm the biggest Lindsay fan you'll find. He's easily one of my favorite players in the league and I think he has elite superstar talent. 

But... We can't ignore that his role has consistently been waning all year. He has lost passing down duties. He's lost hurry up duties. And he's dwindling under 40% snap share. This is getting ugly for him, and I have no idea why they're doing this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, herschel said:

yeah, between him and aaron jones, seems like a lot of people are of the "what have you done for me lately" mindset, but save that for the vent/rant thread and keep on truckin....

Jones and Lindsay are my two main backs, lol. 

Feel way better about Aaron's situation. 

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I'm the biggest Lindsay fan you'll find. He's easily one of my favorite players in the league and I think he has elite superstar talent. 

But... We can't ignore that his role has consistently been waning all year. He has lost passing down duties. He's lost hurry up duties. And he's dwindling under 40% snap share. This is getting ugly for him, and I have no idea why they're doing this. 

His usage is concerning lately no doubt.  And kudos to Freeman this year, he’s doing much better in all aspects of his game.  I still think Philip is the more special talent, and much rather own him in fantasy. It’s idiotic why they choose not to use him more often, very explosive back. I guess his floor is lower now, but his ceiling is just as high as it ever was. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Well, hopefully the mastermind coaches that get paid 6+ figures a year are wise enough to see they need to utilize him more and not get too creative with rhythm and carry distribution. Last nights game of 1 run on, 1 off was abysmal and the Broncos couldn't generate a play over 25 yards. Not to mention they have a stonehenge statue at QB. Let's see if next weeks game script is different. 

36 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

The complete failure to use him at all in the passing game was just baffling. Instead they kept running him into brick walls and using him as a speed bump for KC’s pass rushers.

the most concerning thing i saw re: usage last night was freemans carry on the gl for their lone td. i dont think that will be a permanent change, but if the coaches want to try and use them interchangeably where its a true 50/50 split including gl carries, than i would be worried.  im holding to see what the playcalling looks like next week...

8 hours ago, herschel said:

the most concerning thing i saw re: usage last night was freemans carry on the gl for their lone td. i dont think that will be a permanent change, but if the coaches want to try and use them interchangeably where its a true 50/50 split including gl carries, than i would be worried.  im holding to see what the playcalling looks like next week...

You absolutely have to hold. This is one of the very few truly bad weeks he's had his entire career. Flacco is the only reason he wouldn't be a prime but low for me. 

Might his declining usage have something to do with him being a dwarf and his offensive line allowing pressure to their statuesque QB like a set of well-oiled turnstiles?

Soooooo .... all this talk about Sutton and his possible impacted performance from the QB change... how does this effect Philip Lindsay and his usage?

Edited by StartYourStuds

2 hours ago, StartYourStuds said:

Soooooo .... all this talk about Sutton and his possible impacted performance from the QB change... how does this effect Philip Lindsay and his usage?

Certainly can't see it helping. It's not like the offense was dominating before so I don't think it's a huge downtick, but I just can't see how it possibly helps. I'd expect usage to remain the same with maybe like a 10% drop in production. Will definitely hurt Sutton a lot more. 

19 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Certainly can't see it helping. It's not like the offense was dominating before so I don't think it's a huge downtick, but I just can't see how it possibly helps. I'd expect usage to remain the same with maybe like a 10% drop in production. Will definitely hurt Sutton a lot more. 

I see more dump off passes to both Lindsay and Freeman, but overall scoring opportunities took a major hit 

• Like 1

I don’t think it will change anything. Offense was garbage before Flacco’s injury and will still be garbage. Freeman possibly being hurt/banged up would have the biggest impact to Lindsay’s value IMO and could lead to additional touches. Need to watch the practice reports this week.

How are the Lindsay owners feeling about Flacco missing week 9? I read something that he could possibly be put on IR. Would this benefit the RBs at all? I was thinking of acquiring Lindsay for RB depth and bye week substitute.

12 minutes ago, FrancoJavierM said:

How are the Lindsay owners feeling about Flacco missing week 9? I read something that he could possibly be put on IR. Would this benefit the RBs at all? I was thinking of acquiring Lindsay for RB depth and bye week substitute.

based on the last 4 posts above yours, looks like it could be a wash...royce being banged up could be a slight plus to lindsay, but the qb change could be slight minus, so maybe they offset

Edited by swetooth9

I don't really see how a QB change will affect Lindsay/Royce at all unless it is positive. Even I could throw screens and hand it off. It's the WRs that are a concern. I only see positives for both RBs as they may throw less outside and more underneath.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RunCMC said:

I see more dump off passes to both Lindsay and Freeman, but overall scoring opportunities took a major hit 

Flacco was a dump down machine, so it probably doesn't change much. The offense getting worse overall as a slight downgrade for a RB, but seeing as Lindsay has been an RB1 for two seasons with Keenum and Flacco, I'm not worried. 

7 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Flacco was a dump down machine, so it probably doesn't change much. The offense getting worse overall as a slight downgrade for a RB, but seeing as Lindsay has been an RB1 for two seasons with Keenum and Flacco, I'm not worried. 

RB1? 24-team league?

30 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

RB1? 24-team league?

Nope. 12 team. He's RB11 overall in PPR leagues. He was RB13 overall last year. The fact that he's criminally underrated doesn't change how consistently good he's been. 

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

Nope. 12 team. He's RB11 overall in PPR leagues. He was RB13 overall last year. The fact that he's criminally underrated doesn't change how consistently good he's been. 

Agreed , Philip Lindsay is a stud . Just on a crappy team splitting carries with Freeman . He’s deadly in open space...which baffles me, as to why they dont target him more often in the passing game. 

• Like 1

I'm gonna keep calling out the BS that is the undervaluing of Phillip Lindsay. 

"The Broncos limited Lindsay's reps early in the week but he practiced fully the last two days. He'll be fine for his normal workload Sunday against the Browns. With Brandon Allen starting, Lindsay and Royce Freeman are going to see a lot of eight-man fronts. Lindsay is a low-end RB2."

Lindsay was already seeing 8 men in the box plenty with Flacco under center, so I don't really see that as a huge issue. Next Gen stats has him at about 14% facing 8 men boxes, more than Barkley, Chubb, or Conner. 

He's still the number 11 overall RB in PPR leagues and continues to be hyper efficient. 

He should be a locked in high end RB2 every week, at worst. 

• Like 1

I rewatched all of Allen’s preseason games last night, and he may actually be better than Flacco at this point. He’s definitely more mobile and has a strong arm. He definitely didn’t look like a bum. This may work out better for the Broncos’ offense in the end.

• Thanks 1