lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

Hopefully they start using Lindsey more, he’s far more explosive than Freeman, but the coaches insist on giving both backs the ball. He’s has been respectable to use as a rb2 in PPR, he has to be due soon for a big game. You won’t get many people here to agree about him though. I got told he was hot garbage a few weeks ago in another thread, not sure why people undervalue him so much. 

31 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

I rewatched all of Allen’s preseason games last night, and he may actually be better than Flacco at this point. He’s definitely more mobile and has a strong arm. He definitely didn’t look like a bum. This may work out better for the Broncos’ offense in the end.

His NFL comp is Keenum, so... upgrade Lindsay? 

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/brandon-allen?id=2555365

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Godeep said:

Hopefully they start using Lindsey more, he’s far more explosive than Freeman, but the coaches insist on giving both backs the ball. He’s has been respectable to use as a rb2 in PPR, he has to be due soon for a big game. You won’t get many people here to agree about him though. I got told he was hot garbage a few weeks ago in another thread, not sure why people undervalue him so much. 

I’m a Broncos fan and Lindsay is one of my favorite players. Dude’s an absolute baller and routinely makes something out of nothing. I think he gets downgraded because the Broncos’ offense is such trash, but if he had a real QB and non-turnstile offensive line to work with his numbers would be off the charts.

And he’s a far better back than Freeman. I just think the coaches get tired of repeatedly running Lindsay into brick walls without giving him a break.

This thread reminds me of the Breida thread.

Why can’t owners accept both backs will be used and both backs will have their up and down games?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

This thread reminds me of the Breida thread.

Why can’t owners accept both backs will be used and both backs will have their up and down games?

Because Lindsay and Freeman aren't similar in terms of fantasy. Lindsay is RB11, and Freeman is RB23. One is a borderline RB1, and one is barely an RB2. 

21 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Because Lindsay and Freeman aren't similar in terms of fantasy. Lindsay is RB11, and Freeman is RB23. One is a borderline RB1, and one is barely an RB2. 

Do you watch the games? The spread between them is due to TDs and Lindsay having one or two bigger plays. That’s it.

Most of the guys between them has had their byes or fighting injuries.

I’m not saying Lindsay is bad. I just don’t understand why people can’t accept it’s a full blown committee and both backs are somewhat productive 

34 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

Do you watch the games? The spread between them is due to TDs and Lindsay having one or two bigger plays. That’s it.

Most of the guys between them has had their byes or fighting injuries.

I’m not saying Lindsay is bad. I just don’t understand why people can’t accept it’s a full blown committee and both backs are somewhat productive 

Yes, I watch the games. As a runner, Lindsay has better patience, vision, creativity, burst, stop start acceleration, speed, and lateral quickness. Royce Freeman has better... Size. 

One guy has been an RB1 from game one of his career. The other has been an RB2/3. One guy is averaging an elite 5 plus yards per carry for his career. The other is averaging a pedestrian 4.0.

I understand the two are evenly sharing snaps, but they aren't sharing talent. Lindsay has proven he can be an elite fantasy RB in a timeshare. Freeman has proven he's a guy. 

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Yes, I watch the games. As a runner, Lindsay has better patience, vision, creativity, burst, stop start acceleration, speed, and lateral quickness. Royce Freeman has better... Size. 

One guy has been an RB1 from game one of his career. The other has been an RB2/3. One guy is averaging an elite 5 plus yards per carry for his career. The other is averaging a pedestrian 4.0.

I understand the two are evenly sharing snaps, but they aren't sharing talent. Lindsay has proven he can be an elite fantasy RB in a timeshare. Freeman has proven he's a guy. 

IRL they want to develop both players, esp in a losing season.  

Just now, ragrag said:

IRL they want to develop both players, esp in a losing season.  

Just like they want to develop Boles? As stated above it comes down to size with Freeman, so they won't mind throwing him in to help that atrocious offensive line

1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

I disagree on vision.

They are both averaging 4+ this season.

Also, Lindsay is efficient with less touches.

Royce Freeman has better hands, better in the pass pro, runs better routes, can punish and wear down defenses. All those points you made is a generic argument for every scatback.

Again, Lindsay is talented but Freeman isn’t that far off. 

23 minutes ago, whadeeb said:

Freeman all day...

Because why wouldn't you want the less effective player?!

23 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

I disagree on vision.

They are both averaging 4+ this season.

Also, Lindsay is efficient with less touches.

Royce Freeman has better hands, better in the pass pro, runs better routes, can punish and wear down defenses. All those points you made is a generic argument for every scatback.

Again, Lindsay is talented but Freeman isn’t that far off. 

I disagree with every one of these points, other than maybe wearing down defenses. I can't imagine what you've ever seen to make you think Freeman has good vision as a runner. He runs hard at the hole, and if it's there, he gets what's blocked. He doesn't find yardage or make something out of nothing. Even in college he was a run through a hole if it's there player. 

It might sound like I'm hating on Freeman, but he's fine. I just think he's nothing more than a guy. Lindsay, on the other hand, is a special talent. 

This is Aaron Jones vs. Jamaal Williams. Or Kenyan Drake vs. whatever JAG. Etc. 

Coaches love to use less talented backs in splits with more talented backs. That's the way backfields work now. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Because why wouldn't you want the less effective player?!

I disagree with every one of these points, other than maybe wearing down defenses. I can't imagine what you've ever seen to make you think Freeman has good vision as a runner. He runs hard at the hole, and if it's there, he gets what's blocked. He doesn't find yardage or make something out of nothing. Even in college he was a run through a hole if it's there player. 

It might sound like I'm hating on Freeman, but he's fine. I just think he's nothing more than a guy. Lindsay, on the other hand, is a special talent. 

This is Aaron Jones vs. Jamaal Williams. Or Kenyan Drake vs. whatever JAG. Etc. 

Coaches love to use less talented backs in splits with more talented backs. That's the way backfields work now. 

cause I have him and need a big day from him, thats all

• Like 1

Royce needs to be permanently parked. 

I wish ash this guy could get RB1 volume and usage. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billydough said:

Royce needs to be permanently parked. 

I wish ash this guy could get RB1 volume and usage. 

These are all our thoughts as Lindsay owners. He also had a nice chunk play, that was called back on a penalty . Even your novice football fan will tell you , this dude is flat out better than Royce. I wish the snaps were split 70/30 in our boy's favor , that would be ideal . 

It's 9 games too late, but did they finally realize that Lindsay is elite and Freeman is a JAG?! It's a miracle. 

• Like 1

I’ll believe it when I see it.  Also, pretty tough matchup to put this into effect, especially if broncos fall behind quickly. Hoping he can take advantage....

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Phillip Lindsay will get "most of the carries" Sunday in the Broncos' Week 11 matchup with Minnesota.

Rapoport's NFL Network colleague Tom Pelissero confirms the Broncos plan to ride Lindsay "harder" beginning Sunday in Minnesota. The former UDFA has spent much of the year in a timeshare with Royce Freeman, though Lindsay has been the more productive back, averaging a crisp 4.9 yards per carry with five touchdowns. Freeman should still have some involvement, though Lindsay appears to have distanced himself in what had previously been a committee backfield.

thoughts on the matchup this week, home vs the chargers.  he hasnt really been able to do much the past couple of weeks and they may be starting the rookie qb.  he was able to run for over 100 yards in their first game against the chargers, so would be nice to see a repeat performance.

3 minutes ago, herschel said:

thoughts on the matchup this week, home vs the chargers.  he hasnt really been able to do much the past couple of weeks and they may be starting the rookie qb.  he was able to run for over 100 yards in their first game against the chargers, so would be nice to see a repeat performance.

I expect a good game. Brandon Allen was abysmal. Even if Lock is bad, it won't get worse. Hopefully Lindsay is more involved in the passing game. 

9 hours ago, herschel said:

I think it’s a wait and see this week if you have any better options, especially if the Broncos go with Lock. The Broncos offense has just been abysmal, and the season is beyond lost. Guys are going to start making “business decisions” soon if they haven’t already. Thankfully Freeman is finally getting pushed aside, but even as a Broncos fan I don’t see a ton of upside at the moment. The Chargers’ D is getting healthier too, and they’re coming off their bye.

I’m going to roll with Phil over Tevin this week. Denver is at home and Rivers likes to turn the ball over. 

Despite Denver’s inability to score points recently I think Phil is still getting the ball enough and averaging nearly 5 ypc. Hoping Denver plays tough and keeps the game script favorable for Phil to get 15+ touches with a chance for a TD. 

I worry more about Lock impacting Lindsey. Lock could turn it over a bit and then they will be playing from behind.

Assuming the saving grace if that happens is Lindsey will see more pass targets for us ppr league owners