lolcopter

Phillip Lindsay 2019 Outlook

9 hours ago, cking10 said:

I see freeman taking a lot of touches from this dude. Really glad I saw that coming and didn’t draft him. 50/50 split coming in Denver, freeman underrated as a pass catcher 

Sick foresight dude.

• Like 1

Still think Lindsay will return flex value at least. Leave him on your bench if you can help it and see how things progress.

3 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

He was a fringe rb1 last year before the wrist injury Christmas Eve.   Let’s hope it’s more of the same.   

Great passing game usage-  losing Jawuan James early was a big blow. 

I owned lindsay last year. His low end RB1 status last year was largely due to freeman missing several weeks with a high ankle sprain and taking the starting job. As long as freeman is healthy it's an even split and as noted freeman was a lot more involved than people wanted to believe. 

Just food for thought.

DEN ran 64 offensive plays.  Phillip Lindsay played 34 snaps and Royce Freeman played 30.  The GOOD news for both owners is that Booker didn't take anything from these guys in terms of production so Lindsay will be a solid RB2 after CHI, I'd say that is the only tough match up but Vic is going against his former team in which he coached their D for the past 4 seasons.  SO maybe there is some hope here?

2 hours ago, Guwop said:

I owned lindsay last year. His low end RB1 status last year was largely due to freeman missing several weeks with a high ankle sprain and taking the starting job. As long as freeman is healthy it's an even split and as noted freeman was a lot more involved than people wanted to believe. 

Ah i see

so it wasn’t that PL was more explosive and productive than Freeman-  he was just the benefactor of an injury to the more talented player.....

Uh huh 

• Haha 1

Fading him against the Bears. I’d he doing so even without considering the even split. Bears run defense looked disgustingly good against the packers 

long term, the split concerns me however in soft matchups he has huge blow up potential 

2 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Ah i see

so it wasn’t that PL was more explosive and productive than Freeman-  he was just the benefactor of an injury to the more talented player.....

Uh huh 

Clearly never said that and while you were in your feelings you missed the point.

Lindsay had more opportunity while freeman was out. Now that freeman is back is a nearly 50/50 split and the coaches are determined to show off freeman in this scheme. Lindsay is clearly more talented and proved it last year but his production this year wont be the same with another inferior rb (who was the starter last year before the injury in which lindsay ran away with the job) taking half the snaps. But yea let's keep ignoring the splits lol

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Guwop said:

Clearly never said that and while you were in your feelings you missed the point.

Lindsay had more opportunity while freeman was out. Now that freeman is back is a nearly 50/50 split and the coaches are determined to show off freeman in this scheme. Lindsay is clearly more talented and proved it last year but his production this year wont be the same with another inferior rb (who was the starter last year before the injury in which lindsay ran away with the job) taking half the snaps. But yea let's keep ignoring the splits lol

My mistake

we are agreed that Lindsay is the better talent and will receive more touches.    Also agreed that Royce will get plenty of work.  

Disagree that Lindsay can’t have a similar season as 2018.   He’s a “do more with less” rb-  not a volume guy.    Especially if Booker is out of the equation.  🤞 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LeeVanCleef said:

I don't think I can roll him out against chicago.

I think he'll have a good game at home, to be honest. It will be easier catching quick dump off passes than running on this D . Something Lindsay excels on 

6 hours ago, griffin727 said:

Still think Lindsay will return flex value at least. Leave him on your bench if you can help it and see how things progress.

Flex play for sure, he's going to surprise a few folks this week. I'm personally starting 

12 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I think he'll have a good game at home, to be honest. It will be easier catching quick dump off passes than running on this D . Something Lindsay excels on 

Flex play for sure, he's going to surprise a few folks this week. I'm personally starting 

Not much from the backfield against Chicago for the Packers, rushing or receiving. Lindsay faces some pretty good run defenses to start out and although it’ll help him against other teams in passing situations, the Bears shut down the pass game of Rodgers. 

14 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Not much from the backfield against Chicago for the Packers, rushing or receiving. Lindsay faces some pretty good run defenses to start out and although it’ll help him against other teams in passing situations, the Bears shut down the pass game of Rodgers. 

To be fair packers played very bad the entire game, & it was at Chicago. Maybe I'm slightly bullish on the kid, but at home in mile high stadium it's not AS BAD as people make it out to be. I'm rolling the dice and flexing him , I have a gut feeling about this. Been wrong plenty of times before & that's fine. But always better to be wrong on my own opinions than someone else's b.s start em sit em column. 

11 minutes ago, cking10 said:

Y’all are high if you start him against Chicago... 

High on love baby, high on love 🤫

Edited by RunCMC
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

Yeah, GB did it once with Aaron Jones and then never tried it again. Good Luck but I'm sitting him.

20 hours ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Yeah, GB did it once with Aaron Jones and then never tried it again. Good Luck but I'm sitting him.

My senses caught up to me, agreed he's a bad play this week 

Talent dont mean s--- when the coaching staff takes away half of the opportunities. 

Freeman is a thing regardless of how bad he is 

6 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Talent dont mean s--- when the coaching staff takes away half of the opportunities. 

Freemans not bad at all lol.   It’s the bears D 🤷‍♂️.  Denver did basically squat until the last 2 drives.   Both guys had moments of flash but it was a grind.    Next week doesn’t get much easier. @lambeau

Lol, you can play both on a bye week. This is truly awful. This is a TRUE split backfield.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Lol, you can play both on a bye week. This is truly awful. This is a TRUE split backfield.

Patience

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Guwop said:

Yikes, just because Lindsay is good does not mean Freeman is bad.  Freeman is probably a better fit for their new scheme, unfortunately 

30 minutes ago, allthatisman said:

Yikes, just because Lindsay is good does not mean Freeman is bad.  Freeman is probably a better fit for their new scheme, unfortunately 

Which would be bad for lindsay no?

45 minutes ago, Guwop said:

He’s outplayed Lindsay for two weeks now...

Royce's improved pass game skill has been a hard blow to Lindsay's fantasy value. Freeman had 7 targets. I was counting on Lindsay to at least be the clear pass down back.

Workload is currently a 50/50 split but if Lindsay doesn't start making some plays it's easy to see Freeman become the real lead back. Lindsay got 17 touches today so there is still plenty of opportunity even if this is a two-man position all season.

4 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He’s outplayed Lindsay for two weeks now...

Nah. They both stink. 

• Haha 1