Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

This man was a top 3 fantasy rb to finish the 2018 regular season and helped numerous people to a title. He gets a contract extension and has looked poised to continue on as the main cog in the Chiefs backfield ever since. I've seen some expert mock drafts for 2019 that project him as a second rounder so I must not be the only one who thinks the probability of him retaining the starting job is better than 50/50. I'll be very interested to see how he performs in a playoff setting. As of now I am high on Damien and his future prospects. You?

PS still haven't seen the epic Spencer Ware truther @All Knowing

12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

KC won't fall off much when they need to give Mark Ingram a breather and Damien Williams comes in. 

true, cuz who doesn't want a 30 year old rb?<_<

Imo KC would be smart to spend light on RB, going forward with Damien Williams, Darrell Williams, and drafting a round 4-6 RB on the cheap this year to compete for a spot in the depth chart. They need to spend all early picks and all extra cap space on that D, and anything other than that put towards O line depth to protect the number 1 long term asset the franchise has ever had in Mahomes.

Of course, because I think it’s the best thing to do, they’ll probably sign Coleman and draft a back in the 3rd instead lol

2 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

yeah,after watching that cutback I'd say he's probably just a JAG. 

He could lay down at the LOS every play the rest of the game and I’d still be sky high on him after that run

9 minutes ago, kdko said:

Looks great out there.  Kareem who??

He looks exactly how he has CONSISTENTLY looked since taking over....like a workhorse starter in the league's best offense. Haters gon' hate 

• Like 1

Yeah, I honestly don’t see a need for KC to go sign a top RB. They have a guy who is more than capable in Damien. I’m not so sure about Darrell as their no2 back. As an LSU fan, I love the guy because he was such a good teammate as a Tiger, but if Damien goes down, I don’t like him as a lead back in the NFL. I believe they need to sign a FA or draft someone to be that no2. 

But yeah, I see no need for KC to sign Ingram or Bell. Allocate those dollars elsewhere. 

14 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

30 touches, 150+ yards, a TD......Any questions anyone? I'll wait

Sooooo...I’m taking it you are high on Williams.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

This man was a top 3 fantasy rb to finish the 2018 regular season and helped numerous people to a title. He gets a contract extension and has looked poised to continue on as the main cog in the Chiefs backfield ever since. I've seen some expert mock drafts for 2019 that project him as a second rounder so I must not be the only one who thinks the probability of him retaining the starting job is better than 50/50. I'll be very interested to see how he performs in a playoff setting. As of now I am high on Damien and his future prospects. You?

PS still haven't seen the epic Spencer Ware truther @All Knowing

4 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Sooooo...I’m taking it you are high on Williams.

What gave it away? Me saying it?

• Haha 1

Excluding week 17 where he scored 12.4 points in about half a game, here are Damien Williams last 4 .5ppr point totals:

thats 22.4 ppg. 

Gurley, excluding his two games where he sat, averaged 24.4 ppg.

CMC, excluding week 17 where he played less than a quarter, averaged 21.8 ppg.

Barkley played all of every game and averaged 21.3 ppg.

4. Kamara 20.9

5. Gordon 20.8

6. Hunt 19.7

7. Elliot 19.3

8. Conner 19.3.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

Excluding week 17 where he scored 12.4 points in about half a game, here are Damien Williams last 4 .5ppr point totals:

thats 22.4 ppg. 

Gurley, excluding his two games where he sat, averaged 24.4 ppg.

CMC, excluding week 17 where he played less than a quarter, averaged 21.8 ppg.

Barkley played all of every game and averaged 21.3 ppg.

4. Kamara 20.9

5. Gordon 20.8

6. Hunt 19.7

7. Elliot 19.3

8. Conner 19.3.

I don't have the League setting that allows you to carrying over points to the next season...(sigh)

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I don't have the League setting that allows you to carrying over points to the next season...(sigh)

So you aren’t drafting Gurley, McCaffery, Barkley, Kamara, Gordon, Elliott, Conner? Got it :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, elroypedro said:

So you aren’t drafting Gurley, McCaffery, Barkley, Kamara, Gordon, Elliott, Conner? Got it :rolleyes:

The transitive property does not exist in ff.

6 minutes ago, psygolf said:

The transitive property does not exist in ff.

You’re adding nothing to the conversation. Why even post?

1 minute ago, elroypedro said:

You’re adding nothing to the conversation. Why even post?

Why are you constantly telling people to get off your lawn-?  ...you own no property here.

Just now, psygolf said:

Why are you constantly telling people to get off your lawn-?  ...you own no property here.

This is complete nonsense. Means nothing. Contributes nothing.

How cheap is your time that you spend it trolling here?

• Confused 1

Where are people comfortable drafting the system rb, as things stand now?   Higher than the 4th rd-?

Just now, elroypedro said:

This is complete nonsense. Means nothing. Contributes nothing.

Humor.

...we (should) all know how to evaluate players here.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, elroypedro said:

How cheap is your time that you spend it trolling here?

It's Saturday night and you're discussing a nerd hobby that won't start for another 8 months with some non-existent people in an invisible bar. What is your question exactly?

Come on man, lighten up. Get a beer and some popcorn and try to enjoy the good natured ribbing that happens here.

dFfTijo.gif

• Like 1

Should dynasty owners sell high on DWill now while they can? Or does the board think DWill will remain the starting RB next year still and continue to produce in FF next year as a rb1?

sell high or keep is the question in dynasty leagues

5 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

KC won't fall off much when they need to give Mark Ingram a breather and Damien Williams comes in. 

No point in paying a 30 yo RB coming off PED suspension. They need to save money to afford Hill and Mahomes once their rookie deals end.