Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

I read somewhere that it’s a bruise. Doesn’t seem like it’s anything to worry about at the moment. 

Depends on the knee bruise. From experience it isn't the most comfortable thing to run with. Im sure he will be out there next week. Curious to see if it is darrel or Darwin though pending on these injuries though.

30 minutes ago, atdharris said:

That's the bright side on Williams. In PPR, he's more valuable than McCoy. I guess he's worth a flex if that's all he ever will be, but certainly not the RB2 most of us drafted him as. 

A bit of an overreaction to one bad game no? He got what? 17 points last week? That’s certainly RB2 numbers. It’s not like he was garbage and McCoy went off yesterday, they were both terrible. Chalk it up to good run D by the Raiders and move on. It’s one game. 

4 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Every time Williams got the ball on a hand off it seemed like a defensive player was waiting in the back field for him. He does run the sweetest routes out of the backfield when it comes to pass catching. I don't see a reason for KC to revamp the offense to accommodate the run as long as the pass game is hitting on all cylinders. Raiders game plan was to completely take away the run and short pass game. It held KC to only 28 points but there offense could not do anything to keep them in it.  

Thanks for acknowledging how sweet Damien runs those routes.  Not only do they have perfect connection on those wheel routes, but Mahomes has missed Damien once in BOTH games where Damien had burned the linebacker and was wide open deep.  He over threw him in game 1, and didn't see him in game 2.

3 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

A bit of an overreaction to one bad game no? He got what? 17 points last week? That’s certainly RB2 numbers. It’s not like he was garbage and McCoy went off yesterday, they were both terrible. Chalk it up to good run D by the Raiders and move on. It’s one game. 

Chiefs starting LT, Erik Fisher was out yesterday.

4 hours ago, atdharris said:

That's the bright side on Williams. In PPR, he's more valuable than McCoy. I guess he's worth a flex if that's all he ever will be, but certainly not the RB2 most of us drafted him as. 

I mentioned this a few times but Damien was missed at least once in each game where he would've taken it to the house.  Had he connected on a 50+ yd TD everything would be different in this thread and his perceived value.  The offense is off the charts and we like these KC players because any given week they can explode.  It was Sammy in Week 1,  Robinson and Kelce Week 2, and it can be anybody in week 3.  If Damien keeps running those wheel routes, dump offs, and go routes on 1v1 linebacker match-ups, it's just a matter of time.

I still think if healthy, Williams will return RB2 numbers.  He's currently RB18 in 0.5 PPR.  

• Like 2

On 9/15/2019 at 8:50 PM, OmegaRed88 said:

How do I renege on my investment in the Chiefs backfield?

It's quite simple if you have a screenshot or picture of your pre-draft self/computer screen at that time. You look at the pic real intense and then things start to shake and get fuzzy, and shazam! You're back in time and can redo. Downside is you get a bloody nose and traveling back in time tends to make things worse and the girl you always liked seems to get the worst of the timeline changes. :)

On a serious note, McCoy is expected to be limited or miss time. No update on DW as of right now. My guess is he's ok and will start without McCoy. May change Tuesday, we will have to wait and see.

• Thanks 1

KC Star is reporting Damien Williams escapes with knee contusion diagnosis.

McCoy looks like he's going to be gimpy this week so i'll be starting Williams with the hopes that the Fatman will finally let Williams get into a rhythm without having to appease his washed up china doll. 

Edited by bigbluecrew56
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

Lock Williams in your lineup - projection:  15 carries for 34 yds

and 5 catches for 48 yards and good shot at a TD.

such a bad value for an RB2 🙄

• Like 1

Would be great to get an update on his health before putting in waiver bids. The lack of info gathered and provided by NFL beat writers is so irritating. You get paid to cover the team so fans can get updates on things like this. Go do it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Would be great to get an update on his health before putting in waiver bids. The lack of info gathered and provided by NFL beat writers is so irritating. You get paid to cover the team so fans can get updates on things like this. Go do it.

No news is good news.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, herschel said:

Anyone looking to buy low?

Yeah. He gets 15-18 carries/targets a game in an explosive offense where people are jumping to scoop up Hardman and Robinson who have combined for 15 targets through 2 weeks. 

One week Watkins goes off. One week Robinson goes off. 

I'm pretty sure Williams is going to have one of those weeks soon and in the meantime his floor isn't too bad. 

With that said, for those that drafted him in the 2nd round it's been a rough start. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, shakennbakee said:

I saw somewhere it is only a contusion.

A knee contusion (bone bruise) could be anywhere from no time missed to multiple weeks. Depends on the severity.

29 minutes ago, dontclapGonorrhea said:

he is going to catch 2 wheel routes!!!

If he plays...He is not practicing today. Ugh.