Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

There are multiple players under performing their ADP. Nobody in those threads are acting like how people are in here. 

What? Of course it’s not everyone but there are naysayers and nut huggers in every thread. 

You can’t say someone who’s not playing due to injury under performing their ADP. 

Literally no one has any idea what will happen if/when Damien is healthy and what condition the rest of the backfield will be in. 

• Like 1

If Darrel Williams plays well, I think this guy may be a drop next week.  It's not just doubt that he'll have a significant role when he gets back, but we STILL don't know how long he's gonna be out.  No time frame has been given.

• Like 1

Anyone know exactly what is wrong with his knee? I thought it was just a bruise.

35 minutes ago, Deke said:

You can’t say someone who’s not playing due to injury under performing their ADP. 

Literally no one has any idea what will happen if/when Damien is healthy and what condition the rest of the backfield will be in. 

Well, I wouldn’t say a second round pick getting 0’s is overperforming.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Deke said:

how can you not when one of the arguments against him was the question if he had the durability to be the feature back for a whole season when he never has been in 5 seasons?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Well, I wouldn’t say a second round pick getting 0’s is overperforming.

You just can’t judge it. It sucks and you try to compensate. You think Saquon owners will say he wasn’t worth the pick because he’s putting up 0’s now? It’s football. It’s what happens. 

2 minutes ago, Deke said:

You just can’t judge it. It sucks and you try to compensate. You think Saquon owners will say he wasn’t worth the pick because he’s putting up 0’s now? It’s football. It’s what happens. 

Yes, I can say that about Barkley. He’s out a good amount of time and I’m missing my 1st round pick. Now I have to start Montgomery/Cohen in a league.

He May still be worth a first later but I’d much rather have cmc/Kamara/zeke

Edited by bhawks489
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Deke said:

And this is why this thread is inviting ridicule. 

A hundred pages of people trying to tell Damien truthers that he was a huge risk because he was a replaceable JAG and uncertain durability. 

He proceeds to end up in a timeshare right from the very beginning of the season, and then gets injured.

Now drafting Damien is being compared to drafting Saquon. 

Give me a break.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Chippa said:

I'm convinced everyone in here is just part of this long con troll job designed to get people in their own respected leagues to drop Damien Williams, so that they themselves can scoop up Damien Williams off of waivers/free agency. 

Because there is just no logic here at all

or maybe all the damien owners who were beating their chests and trolling the non-believers and shady owners in the shady thread brought this on themselves and continue to by denying how well shady is doing despite being "injury prone" (ironic considering williams is the only one who has missed games so far" and only being on the team a few weeks. This happens in multiple threads and as hard as the damien truthers were going earlier in the preseason I'd say this is VERY light in response. If people can't handle some jokes then they should go elsewhere, especially if they were giving it first. 

as for your other point there was logic to fade williams at his draft cost before the trade = proven true

there were concerns that he could handle a full load as lead back and he couldn't even go three weeks before being hurt = proven true

there were concerns that shady would limit his upside despite not being in his prime = playing out true so far

damien truthers claimed 2nd-3rd was great value = FALSE

damien truthers claimed none of the backups (shady included) were a real threat = proven false

damien truthers said shady was injury prone and washed up = false as shady has looked better and has played every game while damien is about to miss two in a row 

looks like more of the lack of logic in this thread has come from damien truthers 

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Deke said:

There are certain guys I 100% planned to stay away from.  Damien Williams, Devonta Freeman, Chris Carson, Stefon Diggs (who I drafted... oops).  Williams had the biggest red flags of anyone out there.  Journeyman from Miami.  A handful of solid games on a record setting offense to close out the year, a hamstring injury in training camp, etc.  Many of us were banking on him losing the job sooner rather than later to Darwin.  The only real curve ball we couldn't see was McCoy.

• Like 4

It's the Chiefs fantasy circle of life*:

1) Undrafted RB from big school gets late season chance and shines.

2) Debate over next years value becomes moot because of injury.

3) Repeat

*Hunt never existed for the purposes of my argument.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Magoo said:

It's the Chiefs fantasy circle of life*:

1) Undrafted RB from big school gets late season chance and shines.

2) Debate over next years value becomes moot because of injury.

3) Repeat

*Hunt never existed for the purposes of my argument.

If Ware hadn't gotten hurt in preseason 2017, these threads would be identical.

13 minutes ago, Guwop said:

or maybe all the damien owners who were beating their chests and trolling the non-believers and shady owners in the shady thread brought this on themselves and continue to by denying how well shady is doing despite being "injury prone" (ironic considering williams is the only one who has missed games so far" and only being on the team a few weeks. This happens in multiple threads and as hard as the damien truthers were going earlier in the preseason I'd say this is VERY light in response. If people can't handle some jokes then they should go elsewhere, especially if they were giving it first. 

as for your other point there was logic to fade williams at his draft cost before the trade = proven true

there were concerns that he could handle a full load as lead back and he couldn't even go three weeks before being hurt = proven true

there were concerns that shady would limit his upside despite not being in his prime = playing out true so far

damien truthers claimed 2nd-3rd was great value = FALSE

damien truthers claimed none of the backups (shady included) were a real threat = proven false

damien truthers said shady was injury prone and washed up = false as shady has looked better and has played every game while damien is about to miss two in a row 

looks like more of the lack of logic in this thread has come from damien truthers 

"Hey Keith, let me see your shoe." - Inside Man (2006)

51 minutes ago, Dapro said:

Anyone know exactly what is wrong with his knee? I thought it was just a bruise.

I still have not seen a report of exactly what the issue is.

I think it's getting safer to assume it was a bone bruise which I believe can often be somewhere around a 4 week injury.  That pure speculation though.

It amazes me there haven't been more reports on this.  I mean, the guy was the starting RB on one of the best teams in the league and it's been nothing but crickets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deke said:

I am a Saquon owner. He was NOT worth the draft pick. I should've taken CMc instead. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I still have not seen a report of exactly what the issue is.

I think it's getting safer to assume it was a bone bruise which I believe can often be somewhere around a 4 week injury.  That pure speculation though.

It amazes me there haven't been more reports on this.  I mean, the guy was the starting RB on one of the best teams in the league and it's been nothing but crickets.

McCoy is the starter now though, with Darrel Williams the Robin to his Batman.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

McCoy is the starter now though, with Darrel Williams the Robin to his Batman.

Hey everyone, this guy is Andy Reid’s personal assistant. He has the inside scoop.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Cam's Pyjamas said:

Hey everyone, this guy is Andy Reid’s personal assistant. He has the inside scoop.

He has eyes and presumably a brain as well, which is why can see what is happening.

• Thanks 4

16 hours ago, Chippa said:

I'm convinced everyone in here is just part of this long con troll job designed to get people in their own respected leagues to drop Damien Williams, so that they themselves can scoop up Damien Williams off of waivers/free agency. 

Because there is just no logic here at all

spacer.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Deke said:

Find me a thread with dozens of seasoned fantasy owners wondering if Saquon is still the starter or if Gallman is going to take his job, and then it's the same.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The conventional wisdom among fantasy pundits seems to be that McCoy has become the 1A in a committee, and D. Williams will be the 1B, though which D. Williams once Damien is healthy isn't clear. That seems about right.  

4 minutes ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

The conventional wisdom among fantasy pundits seems to be that McCoy has become the 1A in a committee, and D. Williams will be the 1B, though which D. Williams once Damien is healthy isn't clear. That seems about right.  

They interviewed the RB coach and he again said he wanted to keep the rbs fresh for the season.  I imagine they will take opportunities to keep the rbs fresh.  It's why they ran Darrel and even Darwin so much after they got up 30-7.  In games that are close or if they are losing, we should see more McCoy, provided he is healthy.

12 hours ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

Mahomes is going to put them up 14+ points in most games. They can afford to rotate backs, mahomes will get the ball down the field.