Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

23 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Dont think so.   Darrell is rough in the receiving game.   He’s a good blocker and a steamroller at the GL.   That’s a good option with a banged up McCoy and Damien on the shelf- as they don’t trust Thompson.    Protecting Mahomes is priority uno.  

Mahomes literally hit ole Darrel in the back on a dump off.  He didn’t even turn around lol.   That was just the most egregious example.   

Damien’s job is quite safe.  

He's caught 8 of his 9 targets the last 2 games.  You Damien William's truthers love your selective stats, you harp on the one target Darrell didn't catch and ignore the 8 for 8 around it and the rave reviews of his pass blocking.  You harp on the 5 weeks of relevance of Damien Williams had when there was literally not a single other healthy back who knew the offense on the roster and ignore his half decade of JAGness.

I'm not saying Darrell is anything special, I need to see more, but I've seen enough of Damien to know he's a dime a dozen 3rd down back and no more or less.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

He's caught 8 of his 9 targets the last 2 games.  You Damien William's truthers love your selective stats, you harp on the one target Darrell didn't catch and ignore the 8 for 8 around it and the rave reviews of his pass blocking.  You harp on the 5 weeks of relevance of Damien Williams had when there was literally not a single other healthy back who knew the offense on the roster and ignore his half decade of JAGness.

I'm not saying Darrell is anything special, I need to see more, but I've seen enough of Damien to know he's a dime a dozen 3rd down back and no more or less.

Reading comprehension

I took no issue with his pass blocking.  He’s the obvious candidate to fill in with Damien out and Shady banged up.  They don’t trust Thompson to protect the franchise.  

Edited by Impreza178

13 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

He caught the other 3 targets, so that was the only example. One of those catches up the seam was very impressive for a RB

Spencer Ware 2

The Return of the Plodfather 😱 

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Reading comprehension

I took no issue with his pass blocking.  He’s the obvious candidate to fill in with Damien out and Shady banged up.  They don’t trust Thompson to protect the franchise.  

The pass blocking wasn't even the main point of my rebuttal, it was him going 8 for 8 when you basically called him a plodding buffoon in the passing game.  But just like 90% of Damien William's jag-like career, you chose to ignore the statistical evidence that tells the true story.

• Reid explained why RB Darrel Williamsreceived time over RB LeSean McCoytoward the end of Sunday’s game: “We have confidence in all those guys. If one guy gets a little tired, we can rotate the other guy in. Obviously, Darrel is a little more familiar with the protections, just having done them all for the time that he has, and they’re different from what LeSean had done in Philly. He’s getting caught up in that area so that’s part of it. Most of it comes down to trying to keep the guys in a rotation and keep them fresh, that’s what we really try to do.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.arrowheadpride.com/platform/amp/2019/9/30/20892168/andy-reid-i-got-so-excited-i-thought-mozart-was-an-artist

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

The pass blocking wasn't even the main point of my rebuttal, it was him going 8 for 8 when you basically called him a plodding buffoon in the passing game.  But just like 90% of Damien William's jag-like career, you chose to ignore the statistical evidence that tells the true story.

No need to get upset-  you can believe whatever stats you think tell the story. 

To my eye-  there’s no comparison in what Damien gives you vs Darrell.  

We shall see-  🍻 

• Like 1

I think the only things that are certain in this backfield are:

1.  McCoy will have a substantial role whenever healthy and;
2.  Damien Williams has "first dibs" on the passing game work.  When he comes back, I expect Darrel to take a back seat.

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

[...] They have 3 usable backs, Damien won't live up to his ADP

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Conscious Pilot said:

This.

Dude are you on the coli?

if you don’t know what I’m talking about then ignore me...

17 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

2.  Damien Williams has "first dibs" on the passing game work.  When he comes back, I expect Darrel to take a back seat.

#1 is certain.

#2 is far from certain.

• Like 7

What's going on with this dude?  We've heard nothing about his injury, rehab, whether he is practicing, What exactly is the injury?  I think a knee contusion is last I saw?  Seems like indeed his performance last year was a product of the system and not his talent, as the other Williams has looked just fine in his absence.

I think I’m going to try and sell McCoy and Damien this week.  This is going to be a frustration all year unless 2 guys get hurt for a while.  Never thought I’d say it but I want out of the KC backfield.

12 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

I think I’m going to try and sell McCoy and Damien this week.  This is going to be a frustration all year unless 2 guys get hurt for a while.  Never thought I’d say it but I want out of the KC backfield.

Trading them both to a team should get you a nice return. 

15 minutes ago, OmegaRed88 said:

i agree with you.  I think these guys make good trade pieces.  Everybody wants a piece of their backfield but it's going to amount to a lot of headaches unless one of these guys is removed from the equation by injury.  You almost need all of them to feel really good but I could see them all playing 1/3 of the game when Damien gets back.

No idea when that will be though lol.  He may have the most mysterious knee injury in recent memory.  I still have heard nothing about exactly what the injury is or what his real time table is.  I think most of us are assuming bone bruise but who knows....

3 hours ago, Klientel said:

Dude are you on the coli?

if you don’t know what I’m talking about then ignore me...

:mjlol:

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Uhhhh? How are either of those certain? I'll grant that 1 is likely true, probably not certain. And 2 is far from certain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, matthew berry said:

nah, he doesnt pass the eye test. /s

• Like 1

Odd situation. Especially given the original injury seemed very minor. This is starting to give off the vibe that either the injury is something else, or they're happy with McCoy and Darrel as their RBs. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Unless you own Zeke, Barkley, CMC, Kamara or Cook, you own part of a timeshare. What better timeshare to be a part of then the Chiefs where both backs put up 15 points last week ? The only one that comes close is the Chargers with Gordon and Ekeler. Not sure what RB you are going to get thats going to give you 30 points a game. 

Edited by Dexter75

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Odd situation. Especially given the original injury seemed very minor. This is starting to give off the vibe that either the injury is something else, or they're happy with McCoy and Darrel as their RBs. 

yea, no word on Damien and reporters dont seem to care to ask when he's due back. 

Edited by Dexter75

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Unless you own Zeke, Barkley, CMC, Kamara or Cook, you own part of a timeshare. What better timeshare to be a part of then the Chiefs where both backs put up 15 points last week ? The only one that comes close is the Chargers with Gordon and Ekeler. 

Not completely true.  There is still a difference between a 50/50 timeshare and a timeshare where you have a 2 down back and a 3rd down back.  There are still plenty 2 down backs.  KC situation is more of a 50/50 split.  The latter is not as fantasy friendly.

2 hours ago, matthew berry said:

Here we go with the per-touch metrics to show that a guy who's averaging 1.2 yards per carry and hasn't played in 2 weeks is Elite again ….

• Like 1
  • Haha 1