Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, Krambone said:

Did I see he’s now questionable. 

you did

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

Did I see he’s now questionable. 

There's no probable tag anymore so unless he's very healthy, hes questionable.

14 hours ago, kevinwayne20 said:

I don't see that being realistic unless KC is getting blown out.  Darrell Williams has shown how unbelievably easy it was to replace Damien Williams.  I expect McCoy to get 50-60% of the snaps with the Williams brothers splitting the other 50%.  Damien Williams is too terrible of a runner to justify that sort of split.  McCoy has been a 6 yard per carry back over the last 2 weeks, I don't expect his playing time to decrease.  

Let's not forget how unbelievably terrible Damien Williams has looked this year with his carries.  

I'm not starting any of them but if I were it would be McCoy who's easily (and by a huge margin) the best runner of the 3. 

yeah, you prolly right 😐

4 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

yeah, you prolly right 😐

"Remember that one time that one running back had that one carry that was pretty whatever and got a touchdown? Man he's an all-time great! That rules out how awful he's been this season!"

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

"Remember that one time that one running back had that one carry that was pretty whatever and got a touchdown? Man he's an all-time great! That rules out how awful he's been this season!"

his sample size of success with the Chiefs since taking on a role is far larger than his sample size of mediocrity or worse.....amirite?

3 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

his sample size of success with the Chiefs since taking on a role is far larger than his sample size of mediocrity or worse.....amirite?

His sample size of mediocrity or worse is far larger than his sample size of being good.....amirite?

Tack on his obvious competition in LeSean and now Darrell and you have a bust player. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

His sample size of mediocrity or worse is far larger than his sample size of being good.....amirite?

Tack on his obvious competition in LeSean and now Darrell and you have a bust player. 

no, you're not. You're not including the qualifier I placed in my post of *with the Chiefs*. I'm not arguing what he was or wasn't before that. 

He may be a "bust" based on his ADP but if he gets 10 or more touches weekly, he's still VERY useful. 

9 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Yea, he's definitely a bust.

My problem is that everyone was all-in, with almost no dissenters. I mean, I couldn't find anyone here who warned against him. Everyone was saying he was great, and no one was pointing out that he had 5 years in the league with almost no production. No one warned us that he was a JAG, and only had four good games in a perfect situation. No one even suggested that the Chiefs would bring in some competition and that since Williams was just a JAG, that the competition that they brought in would likely be better than him. No one was saying that spending a 2nd round pick on him would likely ruin your fantasy season, because it was very unlikely that he'd be the lead back all season.

Nope, no one was saying those things. Literally no one. Not a soul. Nobody.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Yea, he's definitely a bust.

My problem is that everyone was all-in, with almost no dissenters. I mean, I couldn't find anyone here who warned against him. Everyone was saying he was great, and no one was pointing out that he had 5 years in the league with almost no production. No one warned us that he was a JAG, and only had four good games in a perfect situation. No one even suggested that the Chiefs would bring in some competition and that since Williams was just a JAG, that the competition that they brought in would likely be better than him. No one was saying that spending a 2nd round pick on him would likely ruin your fantasy season, because it was very unlikely that he'd be the lead back all season.

Nope, no one was saying those things. Literally no one. Not a soul. Nobody.

You clearly have not been reading this thread for the past month or three. 😉

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BMcP said:

You clearly have not been reading this thread for the past month or three.

I've not been reading it? Hell, I wrote 30% of it.

Just now, andypro77 said:

I’ll take it you missed my emoji

1 minute ago, andypro77 said:

reading and writing aren't the same. 

Just now, BMcP said:

I’ll take it you missed my emoji

Nah, I'm just playing along. Wanna make sure this thread stays active.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, andypro77 said:

Nah, I'm just playing along. Wanna make sure this thread stays active.

Putting aside draft cost-  since it’s irrelevant to weekly expectations at this point...are we so sure Damien is a bust?  There’s a lot of season and a lot of injuries going around on this chiefs offense.   

The league has a way of taking away your most dangerous weapons as time passes-  which is undoubtedly the KC deep passing game.   Much to be decided still. 

Edited by Impreza178

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Putting aside draft cost-  since it’s irrelevant to weekly expectations at this point...are we so sure Damien is a bust?  There’s a lot of season and a lot of injuries going around on this chiefs offense.   

The league has a way of taking away your most dangerous weapons as time passes-  which is undoubtedly the KC deep passing game.   Much to be decided still. 

I dont think he's a bust. Put up 18 points in ppr week 1, then he got injured week 2, correct? So he only has 1 full game under his belt, and he put up 18 points in it. When he comes back healthy, he'll be right back in the 14-19 range

Edited by Chippa
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I dont think he's a bust. Put up 18 points in ppr week 1, then he got injured week 2, correct? So he only has 1 full game under his belt, and he put up 18 points in it. When he comes back healthy, he'll be right back in the 14-19 range

A big part of the reason that the smart people were suggesting that no one draft Williams in the 2nd round was the possibility that he wouldn't make it through the whole season.

And you're basing his likely points per game on one game that was (1) McCoy's first game (2) Didn't include Darrel (3) where Damien got 2/3 of the touches. Based on the information we have right now, it seems that McCoy is more comfortable in the system, Darrel will be used, and Damien doesn't seem likely to get 2/3 of the touches. So, it seems unlikely that his ROS output will match his game 1 output for those reason.

[...] 

Edited by tonycpsu

10 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I'll be happy with 14-19pts a week from him that's Ezekiel Elliott numbers 👌🏻

5 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Pretty sure he played almost the entire game 2, didn’t he? And he’s gained 34 yds on 22 carries. And even when he comes back healthy, he will not be in the 14-19 range. McCoy is taking on a bigger role, and Darrel has carved out some PT now. Damien, barring injuries, is not going to have the same role he was thought to have when many guys drafted him. He will be the very definition of a bust. The caveat is always injury. 

[ Let's take the snark and insults down a couple notches or this one is getting locked again.] 

Posted (edited)

The fact is, Darrel looked every bit as good as Damien in the two games Damien missed. [...] I don’t believe Darrel is just going to be tossed to the side now. I do believe he has earned some snaps, even when all three are healthy. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed quote of deleted post.

Posted (edited)

19 touches game 1

12 touches game 2 (hurt in second half) 

they also scored all their points in the second quarter in a rout of oakland.   Kind of a weird game in general.   

Thats it for the sample size-  yet some are throwing around analytics/stats based on practically nothing.  

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed quote of deleted post.
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

19 touches game 1

they also scored all their points in the second quarter in a rout of oakland.   Kind of a weird game in general.   

Thats it for the sample size-  yet some are throwing around analytics/stats based on practically nothing.  

What else are we supposed to do? We have to work with what we have and try to make judgments based on the information on hand. Correct? I’m not trying to be snarky here, but why come into the forum this early in the season if you’re not discussing, analyzing, drawing conclusions? The sample sizes are all small, especially for anyone who has had any sort of injury. 

26 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

19 touches game 1

I believe that's 31 touches in 7 quarters of play

almost 4.5 touches per quarter

why would Andy Reid even give him that much? I mean, he's just another guy, ya know? 

Further proof that Reid doesnt know what he's doing. KC should listen to rotoworld

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Chippa said:

I believe that's 31 touches in 7 quarters of play

almost 4.5 touches per quarter

why would Andy Reid even give him that much? I mean, he's just another guy, ya know? 

Further proof that Reid doesnt know what he's doing. KC should listen to rotoworld

He was the only RB Reid really trusted at that point, McCoy was pretty much brand new to the team. 

Why would Reid bring in McCoy if he had such confidence in Damien? AR might like Damien as a player, but he's no dummy and is certainly aware that Damien has not shown he can handle lead back duties for an entire season and postseason. I'm not saying Damien can't produce for KC, just saying that his hold as the "lead back" is very fragile. 

It's obvious from the moves AR made and the increasing volume given to mccoy that AR is not fully confident in Damien. Reid can make some boneheaded in game decisions (clock management and adjusting his game plan if it's not working) but he knows exactly what he's doing with running backs. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

He was the only RB Reid really trusted at that point, McCoy was pretty much brand new to the team. 

Why would Reid bring in McCoy if he had such confidence in Damien? AR might like Damien as a player, but he's no dummy and is certainly aware that Damien has not shown he can handle lead back duties for an entire season and postseason. I'm not saying Damien can't produce for KC, just saying that his hold as the "lead back" is very fragile. 

It's obvious from the moves AR made and the increasing volume given to mccoy that AR is not fully confident in Damien. Reid can make some boneheaded in game decisions (clock management and adjusting his game plan if it's not working) but he knows exactly what he's doing with running backs. 

Damien, even last season, was clearly not the bellcow of the future. Damien isnt a great runner

what he CAN do better than any other RB on that roster, is run routes, catch passes, and pass protect. 

so 4-5 catches sprinkled with 6 carries and a high td upside? yea, I'm thinking 14-19 points per game

Edited by Chippa