Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

Those of you talking of dropping Damien have short memories because in week 5 Damien out carried McCoy 9-0.  Part of me thinks Andy Reid was just keeping Damien fresh for Thursday night, and on Thursday Damien will once again dominate touches. 

Yeah, those 9 carries for 23 yards are vital for success. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Yeah, those 9 carries for 23 yards are vital for success. 

You're missing the point.  You think the KC run game is garbage and will be all year?  I think it's all about touch allocation.  To me, the lead back on the KC Chiefs is someone you want to have on your fantasy team.  

7 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

You're missing the point.  You think the KC run game is garbage and will be all year?  I think it's all about touch allocation.  To me, the lead back on the KC Chiefs is someone you want to have on your fantasy team.  

How do you know Damien Williams is the lead back? Is this from his sustained success or his 2.0 YPC or his draft pedigree of being undrafted....

Edited by CroNY
  • Haha 2

Just now, CroNY said:

How do you know Damien Williams is the lead back? Is this from his sustained success or his draft pedigree of being undrafted....

...holy hypocrite

Damien cant lead the team in RB snaps because he was undrafted. Good call

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

...holy hypocrite

Damien cant lead the team in RB snaps because he was undrafted. Good call

I'm just stating Andy Reid didn't draft him... He's 27 years old and was pedestrian his entire career up until a few games last year and has been mediocre this year to put it lightly. What is not logical about that? I'm not in here tooting a horn for Darrel or McCoy either. 

Edited by CroNY

6 minutes ago, CroNY said:

How do you know Damien Williams is the lead back? Is this from his sustained success or his 2.0 YPC or his draft pedigree of being undrafted....

I don't.  I said he might be the lead back because in week 5 he out carried McCoy 9-0. 

3 minutes ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

I don't.  I said he might be the lead back because in week 5 he out carried McCoy 9-0. 

Not 9 for 150. Not 9 for 120. Not 9 for 100. Not 9 for 80. Not 9 for 50.

but 9 for 23 yards. Just “might be” after that killer performance? He’s definitely got that backfield locked up. No doubt about it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Asian Sensation said:

but 9 for 23 yards. Just “might be” after that killer performance? He’s definitely got that backfield locked up. No doubt about it. 

CMC just carried the ball this week 22 times for 31 yards.

I have zero shares in Damien but all this 9 for 23 is mute.

2 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

a bad performance on the ground?

GET HIM OUT OF THERE!

Nevermind his pass protection skills, or his pass catching ability.

He's an undrafted free agent who went 9 for 23 on the ground. REID WILL SEND HIM TO THE BENCH

7 minutes ago, Juke said:

CMC just carried the ball this week 22 times for 31 yards.

I have zero shares in Damien but all this 9 for 23 is mute.

Right. Cause DWill is totally on CMC’s level. I should’ve known. My bad. 

9 minutes ago, Chippa said:

a bad performance on the ground?

GET HIM OUT OF THERE!

Nevermind his pass protection skills, or his pass catching ability.

He's an undrafted free agent who went 9 for 23 on the ground. REID WILL SEND HIM TO THE BENCH

Sounds like a great O-lineman or Tight end. 

You just have to hope this cat catches a few passes a game. This whole situation is RBBC. Maybe Darrel will carve out a role

How this thread has reached 166 pages is beyond me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, TTo34 said:

How this thread has reached 166 pages is beyond me.

Check out the first few pages. It’s a hoot. The pumping was out of this world. Some were projecting 1.5 fantasy points per touch with 300+ touches 

Andrew Reid does not care about your fantasy team.  But he does care about the Kansas City Chiefs.

And for the last two games, Damien Williams has dominated backfield snaps, done pretty much nothing with them, and the Chiefs have lost.

The two games before that, Damien mercifully did not play at all.  McCoy played until his wheels fell off, Darrel closed it out, and the Chiefs won.

Coaches want to win.  And coaches watch tape.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Asian Sensation said:

Right. Cause DWill is totally on CMC’s level. I should’ve known. My bad. 

Whoosh

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Andrew Reid does not care about your fantasy team.  But he does care about the Kansas City Chiefs.

And for the last two games, Damien Williams has dominated backfield snaps, done pretty much nothing with them, and the Chiefs have lost.

The two games before that, Damien mercifully did not play at all.  McCoy played until his wheels fell off, Darrel closed it out, and the Chiefs won.

so the chiefs lost because of Damiens 2 touches, one of which was a touchdown? Uhh ok 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deke said:

so the chiefs lost because of Damiens 2 touches, one of which was a touchdown? Uhh ok 

People keep bringing up Damien's TD as if it changes anything. Then again this is the Damien Williams thread...

So using infallible JAG-hype logic and extrapolation, if Damien had been given 10 touches, he would have scored 10 TDs.   

giphy.gif

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, RiffRaffMcGrath said:

Not if Reid hardly ever uses his backs. I own Shady, and as much as I love the guy, honestly he’s only 1-2 more bad games away from getting dropped.

10 hours ago, Rainyy said:

People keep bringing up Damien's TD as if it changes anything. Then again this is the Damien Williams thread...

So using infallible JAG-hype logic and extrapolation, if Damien had been given 10 touches, he would have scored 10 TDs.   

giphy.gif

ok then if he didn’t get a touchdown, they lost because of his two touches?

using old man McCoy nut rider logic, he could have had 20 touches and still been the lowest fantasy scorer in the backfield

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rainyy said:

giphy.gif

what a pathetic strawman

the point is he had 2 touches and 1 was a TD, so how did he dominate the backfield and cause them to lose?

another guy who got smoked by damien in the playoffs last year

37 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

what a pathetic strawman

the point is he had 2 touches and 1 was a TD, so how did he dominate the backfield and cause them to lose?

another guy who got smoked by damien in the playoffs last year

I am sincerely sorry you took Damien Williams in the third round or whatever that sucks, no reason to sound off on every single person who criticizes him the proof is in the results thus far. 

@Jaguars 13 carries 26 yards 2.0 YPC

@Raiders 9 carries 8 yards 0.89 YPC

Colts 9 Carries 23 yards 2.56 YPC 

I don't know how you can jump down someones throat every time they have a critique, point is he has sucked. Do I know who is going to emerge or am I peddling a narrative for Darrel or Shady no.. But Damien has not been good.

Edited by CroNY
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

What? He received 1 carry and 1 target. That’s his fault?

24 minutes ago, atdharris said:

What? He received 1 carry and 1 target. That’s his fault?

Yes.

Reid wants to win.  And he wants to run the ball for balance.  And he wants to play Damien Williams primarily at running back.  And it is becoming clearer and clearer that Reid will not be able to do all three.  

Because Damien has been so bad.

• Thanks 1