Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

41/70/1.71

you guys have such high expectations, ReGreSsioN to the mean incoming, RB1 going forward obviously.

Looks pretty droppable to me.

9 touches per game, 23 yards per game and 6.1 PPR PPG since he's come back is dreadful. Not sure I've ever seen anyone with a lower YPC after so many touches in my life watching football. Even Blount can get more than 2 YPC. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Travis Burten said:

Whens the last time such a big bust happened where so many people got caught in the pitfall? Other than Joe Mixon LOL

David Wilson, Trent Richardson 2013

So I was on the main page, sorted to "most replies", here are the results on page one

josh gordon, 2018

bell, 2018

zeke,2017

josh Gordon, 2014

antonio brown, 2019

damien Williams, 2019

christine Michael, 2015

AP, 2014

Derrick Henry, 2017

James Conner, 2018

derrick Henry, 2018

t rich, 2013

david Wilson, 2013

spencer ware, 2016

josh Gordon, 2017

what this should tell us?  Avoid players who's threads have the most replies.  With the exception of Conner, the rest are a bust(even Henry 2018)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 10/7/2019 at 3:24 AM, Dexter75 said:

12 touches for Damien, 2 for McCoy. Damien played a ton more snaps as well. Sure is quiet in here without the McCoy believers proclaiming him the starter who's going to steal away the touches while Damien rides the bench...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Never use high draft capital on RBs that had late season surges due to injuries or other circumstances. Such an easy trap to avoid that somehow suckers fall for every draft season.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 11:03 AM, Chippa said:

dropping Damien Williams lmfao 

this place is out of control

• Haha 2

Will go down in history as my worst 3rd round pick. I fell for situation over talent. Never again. This guy reeks mediocrity....on a good night. Drop it like it's hot. Good night sweet price. I wish you never awoken.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

Never use high draft capital on RBs that had late season surges due to injuries or other circumstances. Such an easy trap to avoid that somehow suckers fall for every draft season.

Reminds me of CJ Anderson 2015 when he was a first rounder.  He fell into a league winning situation in 2014

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Looks pretty droppable to me.

9 touches per game, 23 yards per game and 6.1 PPR PPG since he's come back is dreadful. Not sure I've ever seen anyone with a lower YPC after so many touches in my life watching football. Even Blount can get more than 2 YPC. 

1.7 YPC and his longest rush so far was 6 yards. On a Reid coached team with Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Kelce and Maholmes. Im sure the Stacy/Blount/Asiatas of the world could trip and fall forward for more than 6 yards on this team.

11 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Reminds me of CJ Anderson 2015 when he was a first rounder.  He fell into a league winning situation in 2014

Im pretty sure he was slowed by a foot injury in camp/pre-season and than Peyton's arm and body was completely shot. So its wasnt all on CJA. He still finished as a top 30 RB that season which is something Damien Williams could only dream of.

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

So I was on the main page, sorted to "most replies", here are the results on page one

josh gordon, 2018

bell, 2018

zeke,2017

josh Gordon, 2014

antonio brown, 2019

damien Williams, 2019

christine Michael, 2015

AP, 2014

Derrick Henry, 2017

James Conner, 2018

derrick Henry, 2018

t rich, 2013

david Wilson, 2013

spencer ware, 2016

josh Gordon, 2017

what this should tell us?  Avoid players who's threads have the most replies.  With the exception of Conner, the rest are a bust(even Henry 2018)

Very interesting.

To get a 1,000 yard rushing season at his current pace he would need to average 60.52 carries/game on the back 9 stretch.

Edited by vercrazy
  • Haha 4

I want to drop damien so bad but I'm afraid he will get picked up by somebody and then he all of a sudden starts to produce the karma!

21 minutes ago, dave.zavala89 said:

I want to drop damien so bad but I'm afraid he will get picked up by somebody and then he all of a sudden starts to produce the karma!

More like he’ll get picked up and lose the week for the new owner with a 9 touches for 6 yards line.

• Haha 1

We have our confirmation that he isn’t the back to own in this committee. He’s a handcuff waiting for a McCoy injury, at which point he would split the carries with the other Williams. I suggested trading Williams to someone who still believes he is the lead back a few weeks ago and was laughed at. Now he has little to no trade value. 

2 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

spacer.png

Like Arian Foster 2009/2010

*eyeroll*

2009/2010 Arian Foster says hi!!!

This. The risk outweighs the rewards. First time I fell for it. Shady signing or not, it’s clear this Chief ain’t it, never was gonna be it. Never again

Edited by Motown_Magic

3 hours ago, kidsgotsoul said:

29 minutes ago, Gryfter said:

*eyeroll*

2009/2010 Arian Foster says hi!!!

Yes, Arian Foster is a notable exception, there may be more.

The original should be amended slightly to 'Never use high draft capital on RBs that had late season surges due to injuries or other circumstances particularly if that RB has been in the league for 5 years and had done nothing prior to that and everyone on the planet knew he was a JAG'

• Haha 2