Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

The 1st place team in my league drafted him and OJ Howard. You can have complete busts on your team and still win, remember this game is 98% luck.

• Like 3

This dude is basically dead to me but there's something I've noticed nearly every game that nobody else seems to bring up. 

Every time this guy gets the ball out of the backfield, he's hit almost immediately. McCoy on the other hand almost always seemingly runs at least 2-3 yards before anybody touches him. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is it the playcalling? Does the o-line secretly hate Damien? McCoy obviously has more yards on the ground, but if you've watched the games it's not hard to see why.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kretan182 said:

The 1st place team in my league drafted him and OJ Howard. You can have complete busts on your team and still win, remember this game is 98% luck.

I wouldn’t go that far

On 10/15/2019 at 4:26 PM, chargahs said:

lining yourself up to be quoted in a couple weeks when darrel takes 75% of the workload 

Still think this is gonna happen?

Ridiculous.  Like I said - pipe dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, street sharks said:

This dude is basically dead to me but there's something I've noticed nearly every game that nobody else seems to bring up. 

Every time this guy gets the ball out of the backfield, he's hit almost immediately. McCoy on the other hand almost always seemingly runs at least 2-3 yards before anybody touches him. Has anyone else noticed this?

Is it the playcalling? Does the o-line secretly hate Damien? McCoy obviously has more yards on the ground, but if you've watched the games it's not hard to see why.

Haven’t monitored their every run but I think it’s safe to say McCoy as a borderline hall of famer has a way better feel for how to maneuver, take the right angles, set up blocks etc. In short, how to play running back. I’d say it’s that simple.

9 hours ago, andypro77 said:

Yes, Arian Foster is a notable exception, there may be more.

The original should be amended slightly to 'Never use high draft capital on RBs that had late season surges due to injuries or other circumstances particularly if that RB has been in the league for 5 years and had done nothing prior to that and everyone on the planet knew he was a JAG'

Add to that, your thread leads the front page in most replies

1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

Jaggiest jag that ever jagged.

A jag of all trades

• Haha 5

20 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He was never a sweet prince

last year he was, but, at his hefty 3rd rd price tag I own no shares this year.  I just like saying that to all the fallen. 

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

I don't see that at all. DWill has never been a great runner until he put some good games together last year. He doesn't have great vision and never really developed into a pure RB. He was always a niche player, your typical 3rd down back.

People only look at half a season and forget the years he was in Miami and had plenty of opportunity to be a #1 type back.

16 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Welp...

spacer.png

The Omen was scary af when I was a kid.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Still think this is gonna happen?

Ridiculous.  Like I said - pipe dream.

i was making a joke at your expense 

"B b but he's so elusive check the stats!"

Biggest bust of the year (for those who took him in the 2nd and 3rd)

On 10/18/2019 at 6:24 PM, street sharks said:

Does the o-line secretly hate Damien?

Yes, because whenever they a run play where their blocking is average or subpar, Damien sits there and waits to get gang tackled.  What's he waiting for?  The line to part like the Red Sea in front of him? 

At least McCoy gets back to the line of scrimmage (and sometimes finds a small bit of daylight to make something out of nothing). 

Damien making them look bad!

17 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

Yes, because whenever they a run play where their blocking is average or subpar, Damien sits there and waits to get gang tackled.  What's he waiting for?  The line to part like the Red Sea in front of him? 

At least McCoy gets back to the line of scrimmage (and sometimes finds a small bit of daylight to make something out of nothing). 

Damien making them look bad!

Damien just doing his best Bell impression. As Booger would say, "The one thing that stands out is how patient he is as a runner!"

5 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Damien just doing his best Bell impression. As Booger would say, "The one thing that stands out is how patient he is as a runner!"

any time a running back hesitates behind the line of scrimmage "SHADES OF LEVEON BELL THERE!" 

• Haha 2

I have no idea what the locker room thinks but my opinion is that Andy Reid ruined the year for this team.  They had a great working formula all of last year and finally lost to the Patriots because they had no defense.  All they needed to do this year was shore up the defense.  Reid got cute and messed around with the o-line, messed up the rotation with the running backs by bringing in his lover boy and exposed his all star quarterback until his leg was almost snapped in half.  

The team planned and practiced during the entire off-season/ pre-season with a certain identity and all of the sudden the entire focus became bringing McCoy up to speed on things, getting McCoy familiar with protections, getting McCoy more carries.  Rather than focusing on more important issues, all of the attention went to McCoy.  Well now all Reid has left is McCoy and he still stinks.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Guwop said:

"B b but he's so elusive check the stats!"

Biggest bust of the year (for those who took him in the 2nd and 3rd)

*Joe Mixon enters the chat*

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, matthew berry said:

I have no idea what the locker room thinks but my opinion is that Andy Reid ruined the year for this team. 

They're 5-2.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

*Joe Mixon enters the chat*

*Antonio Brown declined his invitation to the chat*

*Antonio Brown has been banned from the chat*

*Antonio Brown is requesting a new invitation to the chat*

• Haha 4