Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

Hyde is aslightly above average RUNNING back, but he offers little else.  Aside from a Damien injury and the occasional poached td, he's not going to get meaningful carries in KC.

5 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Still seems subjective. Do they have videos showing what they think are drops?

I don't even know what a catch is anymore. I'm out on trying to figure out what a drop is.

• Haha 1

it's not Hyde  that the Damien owner has to worry about during the season, they should worry about Darwin emerging as a potential threat to his touches. Veach comps him to Dion lewis and given his ability to be a mismatch Reid will probably find plenty of ways to use him. Hyde  to me can be the short yardage, goal line rb and even the early down rb for a few series but we do know he can play all 3 downs if needed, he just isnt the best pass catcher in the backfield.

Either way Damien is too expensive vs the risk and current uncertainty

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

it's not Hyde  that the Damien owner has to worry about during the season, they should worry about Darwin emerging as a potential threat to his touches. Veach comps him to Dion lewis and given his ability to be a mismatch Reid will probably find plenty of ways to use him. Hyde  to me can be the short yardage, goal line rb and even the early down rb for a few series but we do know he can play all 3 downs if needed, he just isnt the best pass catcher in the backfield.

Shoe as the voice of reason.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Since you are thinking in this manner (I agree in principle btw) keep tabs on James Williams and his 202 career receptions in college, as well:

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/750960-james-boobie-williams-2019-outlook/

Edited by FollowTheLeader
  • Like 1

I feel like no matter what RB KC took in the 6th round or signed as an undrafted free agent someone would be talking about how they're going to take Williams job lol.  You can paint a positive narrative for any player right now because everyone looks good on their highlight videos.  

What happened to Darrel Williams, is he no longer in the picture?

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

He is my dark horse 

16 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

That dude is slowwww...if I were going to hitch my wagon to someone else in this backfield, I don't think it'd be him.  4.72 40, 10th Percentile burst score, no thanks.

5 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

That dude is slowwww...if I were going to hitch my wagon to someone else in this backfield, I don't think it'd be him.  4.72 40, 10th Percentile burst score, no thanks.

Wasn't he a rookie last season.  He isn't old

22 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

He is my dark horse 

it will be interesting to see if he even makes the roster on final cut day. 

2 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Wasn't he a rookie last season.  He isn't old

Yes, he just turned 24.

8 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I know next to nothing about him, but 4.72 is brutal.

41 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

I know next to nothing about him, but 4.72 is brutal.

Yea but he had a drop rate of 0% and averaged 0.9 points per touch last season. Beast in the making.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stonej14 said:

Yea but he had a drop rate of 0% and averaged 0.9 points per touch last season. Beast in the making.

Oh, I didn't know that about the drop rate. I'm back in.

3 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He had the worst drop rate in the league that year at just over 13%. In addition, no rb allowed more qb pressures than Hyde. 

Could you share your source for this?  By what I can find, in 2017 he had 9 drops in 88 targets, about a 10% drop rate.  Given that Breida's drop rate was 16.6% (6 drops in 36 targets), either Breida didn't qualify or something is amiss with what you are referencing.

4 hours ago, rschroeder1 said:

Could you share your source for this?  By what I can find, in 2017 he had 9 drops in 88 targets, about a 10% drop rate.  Given that Breida's drop rate was 16.6% (6 drops in 36 targets), either Breida didn't qualify or something is amiss with what you are referencing.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/2/19/17026450/nfl-free-agents-2018-carlos-hyde-stats-pro-football-focus-elite-guide-49ers

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Holy eff, sign me up for some hyde!

"They give Hyde an “elusive rating” of 45.7, though its worth noting that’s above guys like Le’Veon Bell and Isaiah Crowell, but ranks fifth among free agent running backs either way. In pass-blocking efficiency, Hyde is ranked seventh, with a 90.2 rating, just behind Bell and just ahead of Crowell."

So a better leveon bell according to this article

10 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Holy eff, sign me up for some hyde!

"They give Hyde an “elusive rating” of 45.7, though its worth noting that’s above guys like Le’Veon Bell and Isaiah Crowell, but ranks fifth among free agent running backs either way. In pass-blocking efficiency, Hyde is ranked seventh, with a 90.2 rating, just behind Bell and just ahead of Crowell."

So a better leveon bell according to this article

Jalen Richard had the highest elusive rating the year prior.  Take that for what it's worth.

• Haha 1

Just now, psygolf said:

It’s a rating of his 2017 season...let’s build a time-machine.

Oh, we can talk about 2018 too. He was even worse then. 

9 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

Jalen Richard had the highest elusive rating the year prior.  Take that for what it's worth.

Bhawaks was making a joke. These stats are all dumb. Just watch football.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Bhawaks was making a joke. These stats are all dumb. Just watch football.

They're great until they stop fitting the narrative right lol

7 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

They're great until they stop fitting the narrative right lol

Nah. I have never once used elusive rating or catch rate in fantasy football research and I do just fine. You didn't see me talking about them in the thread.