Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, markrc99 said:

I see, so you're an only child and mum, she has 8 or 10 siblings, none of whom married or had any kids of their own.... Christmas rolls around and all 50 f'n gifts under the tree are for you... nice 

I have to know the meaning to this

16 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I have to know the meaning to this

Check the Lovell,ME police blotter tomorrow morning.

The only logical explanation is Damien Williams has attracted a cult following of the mad.

• Like 1

What's going on here? This is ridiculous! 

I come here only for hard hitting facts and opinions that I agree with to over reach on certain players when my fantasy football draft takes place in September (9 months from now)! 

Jk. I'm not one of those guys. Carry on. I'm also interested in this fictitious story. 

On 1/12/2019 at 9:39 PM, Joe Odam said:

here's my very serious question......What more does Williams need to do to prove himself worthy of being the front runner for 2019? First he was a nobody that stood no chance of being relevant because of his time in Miami.......false. Next he was just a 3rd down back....false. After that he couldn't run between the tackles well enough.....false. Then it was that he wasn't talented enough to be a lead back.....false. Then he couldn't handle enough carries to be considered a horse.....false. 

He's 26. He's under a nice new contract for both sides. He possesses an every down skill set. He's clearly motivated to make a name for himself. He's plugged into the PERFECT system for a less than elite talent back (if you want to argue that's what he is). 

So again, what do YOU need to see to believe he could be an rb1 next year........just as he has been this year the moment he got his shot?

Nice new contract for both sides... False. 

No "work horse RB" in the NFL should lay their body on the line for $1.7 M. 

I get that he had one foot in the NFL grave and was close to being out of football, but if he continues to ball out he should wait until FA and draft are over and then hold out IMO (assuming they don't find his replacement and Andy Reid has found some serious RB talent late in drafts in his tenure). 

28 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Nice new contract for both sides... False. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001004709/article/damien-williams-signs-2year-chiefs-contract-extension

Williams and the Chiefs have agreed to terms on a two-year extension, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per agent Ian Greengross. The extension has a max value of $8.1 million, Rapoport added. The Chiefs later confirmed the signing.

5 hours ago, markrc99 said:

I see, so you're an only child and mum, she has 8 or 10 siblings, none of whom married or had any kids of their own.... Christmas rolls around and all 50 f'n gifts under the tree are for you... nice 

I interpret this as "you are used to getting presents without questioning, and everything flows your way". I assume what you are trying to say is "have you considered that it may not be that smooth?"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

This is pretty interesting. I only read spotrac contract details and they often leave out incentive bonuses. 

I think $4 M / year is a fair price for someone close to the NFL grave assuming those incentives are reachable and I'm sure an agent had some say in it being reachable. 

Thank you for the information. I withdraw my hold out statements. 

• Like 1

DW is 26 - what makes you think he has one foot in his NFL grave?  (NB: Please don’t refer to his usage by Adam Gase.)

Edited by BMcP

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

DW is 26 - what makes you think he has one foot in his NFL grave?  (NB: Please don’t refer to his usage by Adam Gase.)

What does NB mean? Is that No biggie or something like that? 

As far as DW concerned he was JAG in college (I discount Junior College stuff) and went undrafted then he proved to be JAG on the dolphins. 

I think Adam Gase is a moron, no doubt, but good RB's produced in his system and DW was given the same chance as others that ran circles around him. 

So I've got 6+ years of following and deeming him as JAG so it's gonna take some time for me to come around to the fact that NOW he's gotten it. 

I'm not saying it's impossible, but just saying I'm still on the skeptical fence. 

It means “nota bene” - “note well.”

I’d recommend giving this a read: it will shed a lot of light on the obstacles - and tough decisions - he made every step of the way, going back to high school - it may influence your opinion of him and what he can accomplish. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article224251165.html

Edited by BMcP

7 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

"I have to know the meaning to this."

It was just a poke at saint's comment, it wasn't meant to offend him or anyone else. It's something you might read in late August, but now without a single qualification or parameter with respect to commitment? Thus, the parallel to who in god's name would post that & believe they were adding something insightful? :) The only point was one already cited, his extension. That they've done that before, that Ware didn't get extended &  accordingly, a FA, that Williams hasn't proven he's a high volume workhorse, all ignored. Perhaps he didn't even bother to read anyone else's comment? 

On 1/12/2019 at 10:06 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Should dynasty owners sell high on DWill now while they can? Or does the board think DWill will remain the starting RB next year still and continue to produce in FF next year as a rb1?

sell high or keep is the question in dynasty leagues

To me, this is like people wondering if they should sell high on Conner in redraft this past year.

When you get on a wave you ride it as long as it lasts IMO.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, psygolf said:

What's the highest rd you're prepared to spend?

Sometimes you see guys struggle to find an offensive scheme that fits them. Seems Williams has found the offense that brings out the best in him. If nothing changes & he stays healthy...

In a draft, I think he would go 3rd-4th round. I play auctions so I’m prepared to spend $20-25

Edited by lvsaint429

4 hours ago, markrc99 said:

It was just a poke at saint's comment, it wasn't meant to offend him or anyone else. It's something you might read in late August, but now without a single qualification or parameter with respect to commitment? Thus, the parallel to who in god's name would post that & believe they were adding something insightful? :) The only point was one already cited, his extension. That they've done that before, that Ware didn't get extended &  accordingly, a FA, that Williams hasn't proven he's a high volume workhorse, all ignored. Perhaps he didn't even bother to read anyone else's comment? 

What part was so hard to understand? Apparently you need things spelled out for you. He’s played very well & they haven’t skipped a beat with Williams taking over. Then they extend him because they want to keep him there. If you actually watch the games & can interpret why teams sign guys to extensions, you would see they have confidence in him going forward

39 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

What part was so hard to understand? Apparently you need things spelled out for you. He’s played very well & they haven’t skipped a beat with Williams taking over. Then they extend him because they want to keep him there. If you actually watch the games & can interpret why teams sign guys to extensions, you would see they have confidence in him going forward

It's not so much about their current confidence in him, but whether or not he can hold off any new talent coming in.  There will be more competition.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, psygolf said:

It's not so much about their current confidence in him, but whether or not he can hold off any new talent coming in.  There will be more competition.

Pure speculation on your part only 

Just now, Shortnphat said:

Pure speculation on your part only 

If they go into 2019 with only the current stable, then it would be mismanagement of the roster & cap.

• Thanks 1

Assuming he remains the guy he's easily worth a 2nd and I wouldn't fault you if you spent a 1st.  KC RB1 is a fantasy goldmine.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

"Assuming he remains the guy he's easily worth a 2nd and I wouldn't fault you if you spent a 1st. KC RB1 is a fantasy goldmine."

I would say that's a safe assumption, he's not going to lose his spot on the depth chart in the preseason. Not unless he tanks or they go big, which they may do. You're right about the production but Williams is a guy you have to 'cuff, imo. 

18 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Williams is a guy you have to 'cuff, imo. 

Definitely.

I'll still draft the starter early, whoever it is.

Whatever RB the Chiefs draft this year will be on my Fantasy team.  I do not believe in Damian Williams.  RBs don't get passed around like onion casserole at Thanksgiving and then magically turn into RB1s in Year 6. 

Prior to his 50 carries with KC, he never rushed for more than 3.8 yards per carry.  I think he's a lot closer to Chark West than Kareem Hunt.  

Just one mans opinion, hopefully KC waits until round 3 or 4 for an RB so his ADP is suppressed.

Why can't he be a lot closer to Spencer Ware that catches the ball better instead of Chark West? Is anyone actually comparing him to Hunt?

2 minutes ago, devaster said:

Why can't he be a lot closer to Spencer Ware that catches the ball better instead of Chark West? Is anyone actually comparing him to Hunt?

I'm comparing him to Hunt, very unfavorably.

I think Spencer Ware is a better runner than West, and West a better receiver than Ware.  West looked like LeSean McCoy for a brief stint a few years ago, but the law of averages always win out, and with extended run we saw hat he ultimately was, a 3rd down back.  After getting signed there are plenty who will view Williams as a defacto RB1/2 the way he played the final 5 games.  I'm simply saying I'm not one of them and there is little to no chance he's receiving 20 touches come next season's fantasy playoffs.