Joe Odam

Damien Williams 2019 Outlook

55 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Why would Ware have control whether he plays or not?  That's the coaches decision.

Julio made his own game-time decisions based on "how I feel" the last few games of the season.

1 hour ago, Zak0221 said:

Darrel is a rookie...how can he already be 'the immortal' in his first season lol wtf

Can't wait to draft Dwill next year however if KC wins the SB and Damien continues to impress on the national stage he won't come cheap next year :(

I'd love to get him as my RB2 with like a 3rd or 4th round pick but it feels like it's going to take a second round at this rate. 

Didn't think I needed to spell out sarcasm.  He's a JAG too. 

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Julio made his own game-time decisions based on "how I feel" the last few games of the season.

Comparing a top-three WR in the league to Spencer Ware lol.

I think Julio has earned that right.

Just now, JoeJoe88 said:

If you believe that the Chiefs would rather go to a playoff battle with just the Williams brothers and ignore the benefit of adding healthy Ware, then I can't (& do not care) to help you.

3 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

How about the rookie Coutee making the same stand-?

All of this excitement over drafting a potential cuff next year...waaaaaay too early.

12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

How about the rookie Coutee making the same stand-?

I'm assuming by "stand" you mean consulting with his trainers and coaches and trying to avoid setbacks from a player who has had chronic hamstring issues?

10 minutes ago, psygolf said:

"If you believe that the Chiefs would rather go to a playoff battle with just the Williams brothers and ignore the benefit of adding healthy Ware, then I can't (& do not care) to help you."

Based on the most recent body of work, did Ware really perform significantly better than Darrell Williams? If not & given the fact that one will be back while the other won't be, wouldn't it make sense they'd opt for the younger, returning player gaining valuable playoff experience? If that's not a possibility what's the rational for the inconsistency regarding Ware's availability?

15 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

given the fact that one will be back while the other won't be, wouldn't it make sense they'd opt for the younger, returning player gaining valuable playoff experience?

Hope not >>> Spencer & Darrel returning would be the best case scenario for Damien owners.

29 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I'm assuming by "stand" you mean consulting with his trainers and coaches and trying to avoid setbacks from a player who has had chronic hamstring issues?

No...the one who is quoted that he would not return until he felt 100%.

You do not tempt hamstrings, which is why Ware is not on the field.   It has zero to do with any Williams..."healthy scratch" my arse

Edited by psygolf

10 minutes ago, psygolf said:

"It has zero to do with any Williams..."healthy scratch" my arse."

Meaning, elroypedro's contention that Ware has been a healthy scratch is BS? I looked for it & couldn't find anything... everything I checked supports what you said, he's hurt.  

57 minutes ago, markrc99 said:

Meaning, elroypedro's contention that Ware has been a healthy scratch is BS? I looked for it & couldn't find anything... everything I checked supports what you said, he's hurt.  

Why even comment on things you don’t follow or have any desire to gain knowledge about?

Ware was limited participant in practice leading up to week 15 and 16, but reports were he was healthy enough to play. He was a healthy full participant in practice in week 17. A few days before that week 17 matchup however, the Chiefs made a big decision to re-sign Williams(almost certainly taking away Ware’s future spot with the team), and Ware has been inactive ever since, despite having multiple weeks of full participant practice since his “injury.” Then this last week he was again mysteriously limited practice, although word from reporters all week was that he was healthy enough to play. But he sat.

This isn’t anything new or strange in the NFL. Alex Collins got the same treatment for a non-injury to end the year. He ended up on IR yet was fully healthy within a week of that designation. Aka the Ravens decided they had better options than him and were moving on before his contract was up at the end of the season

Edited by elroypedro

2 hours ago, elroypedro said:

Then this last week he was again mysteriously limited practice, although word from reporters all week was that he was healthy enough to play. But he sat.

Psst...hamstring injuries are a b*tch, no mystery from my window.

Edited by psygolf

Why even comment on things you don’t follow or have any desire to gain knowledge about?

Ware was limited participant in practice leading up to week 15 and 16, but reports were he was healthy enough to play. He was a healthy full participant in practice in week 17. A few days before that week 17 matchup however, the Chiefs made a big decision to re-sign Williams(almost certainly taking away Ware’s future spot with the team), and Ware has been inactive ever since, despite having multiple weeks of full participant practice since his “injury.” Then this last week he was again mysteriously limited practice, although word from reporters all week was that he was healthy enough to play. But he sat.

This isn’t anything new or strange in the NFL. Alex Collins got the same treatment for a non-injury to end the year. He ended up on IR yet was fully healthy within a week of that designation. Aka the Ravens decided they had better options than him and were moving on before his contract was up at the end of the season

Look at kerryon Johnson. Maybe it's not worth it to suit up.

Who knows with hamstrings too, those can just lock up. It happened to trey burton against the eagles. He was "healthy enough to play" but his quad locked up the day of

"... Ware was limited participant in practice leading up to week 15 and 16, but reports were he was healthy enough to play. He was a healthy full participant in practice in week 17. A few days before that week 17 matchup however, the Chiefs made a big decision to re-sign Williams(almost certainly taking away Ware’s future spot with the team), and Ware has been inactive ever since, despite having multiple weeks of full participant practice since his “injury.” Then this last week he was again mysteriously limited practice, although word from reporters all week was that he was healthy enough to play. But he sat. ..."

Oh, back already...missed, truly. Here, as best as I could establish, some of what you have checks out. But what you had said initially was that Ware was a healthy scratch the last two games, which I assumed included.......... the last game they'd played. The first part of your initial sentence is true, but I didn't find that he was deemed healthy enough to play week 16. An expectation he'd play week 17 is true, but not the part that he's been a full participant in practice ever since. Perhaps you could cite your source(s)?

Your premise was that there's a correlation between the emergence of Damien Williams & Ware being inactive, not that he's hurt. I found that this past summer they converted half of his contract into incentives. The reason he went along with it was because it made it cheap for them to keep him around. I think he's done & Darrel Williams can better help them.   

Edited by markrc99

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Look at kerryon Johnson. Maybe it's not worth it to suit up.

Who knows with hamstrings too, those can just lock up. It happened to trey burton against the eagles. He was "healthy enough to play" but his quad locked up the day of

Burton's brain locked up...potential nut-job we have here.

Just now, psygolf said:

Burton's brain locked up...potential nut-job we have here.

Not sure if you are referring to his anxiety or what but based on the interview i heard with him on espn, it was the leg not the brain.

Folks, let's turn down the acid in this thread and get back to being respectful.  If you don't like or appreciate another poster's input, put them on ignore, you'll live longer.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

They were so impressed with him that I can't figure out why they didn't sign him after his NE visit.   I mean, BB saw him as "a good guy, nice to get to know" ...what happened?

Simple.  They had James White, Dion Lewis and Rex Burkhead and could only sign one more back, they chose to sign Mike Gillislee instead.... BB:

tenor.gif?itemid=5056977

They made a bad decision.  It happens but aim small, miss small.  No big deal, doesn't negate that BB thinks he's a good player.  Getting Belichick to be effusive about anything is praise in itself.  Look forward to this weekend's game.... at Hoth Stadium.

• Like 1

For our FF purposes...I hope DWill either blows up the next 2 games, or gets completely shut down against NE.  

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Getting Belichick to be effusive about anything is praise in itself.  Look forward to this weekend's game.... at Hoth Stadium.

Reserve psychology...BB wants Reid to run the ball more.

12 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

doesn't negate that BB thinks he's a good player.

In all fairness, in pre-game pressers Belichick is always full of praise to opponent players and coaches. They could be playing the Washington Sharks and he'll still say "their QB is a really nice guy." 

The only clear tell with Belichick is when he gives someone a multi-year, multi-million contract, or if he adapts his strategy to block or avoid a player. Other than that, everything is smoke and mirrors.

• Like 1