urban2014

Andrew Luck 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

It seems some members have some strong opinions about Luck's retirement, which is to be expected given the timing, but those opinions need to be expressed in conformance with the site guidelines.  In particular, this means no political discussion, no attacking other members, and no offensive language.  If the discussion here does not stay focused on football, then this thread will be locked for a lengthy cooling off period, and users will be subject to a suspension of posting privileges.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

The fact that Luck is making the decision two weeks before the season is telling of the actual situation in Indy. Sounds like he wasn't recovering as expected and the training staff dragged things out like they did a couple seasons ago.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People talk about timing, but I’m sure he didn’t really know until now. He’s battled injuries his entire short career and after this latest setback mulled it over and finally came to this decision. Forget your fantasy team. I feel for the guy. I’m sure he’d love to keep playing, but his body says differently.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I wanna point out I have Ebron, so it sucks for one of my teams. But yea I mean if someone's done they're just done, whether we agree or disagree 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Then he has a high-ankle/calf injury that once again no one can really peg what it even is. Essentially he was in the same state of ambiguity with this injury as he was with his previous injury.

Just a theory but maybe he was sick and tired of following protocols for undefined injuries. Maybe the Colts' medical staff is on loan from the Mets.

 

This, and it’s something to keep in mind with other Colts players.  

 

IIRC he played through the shoulder injury which made it worse..which the organization should have never let him do.  The ankle seems like it was setting up for the same sort of thing. 

 

For owners in deep bench two QB dynasty leagues, do you hold Luck at all in hopes that he reconsiders?   It doesn’t sound like he will, but that is a hell of a cut to make.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Mattmac92 said:

Colts fans should be pumped they'll go 1-15 and draft tagovailoa they're great at tanking 

They did tank for Luck all those years ago but that was THE year to pick #1. He was the best prospect of maybe the past 20 years. 

Tua is nowhere close.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Nguvocity said:

I can’t believe people are actually bashing him right now...

 

how about you guy stand behind an abysmal offensive line and take punishment 

 

I don't understand this train of thought. 

Don't blame Irsay, blame the cap. It takes time to build a team through the draft and free agency.

Stafford hasn't had a team around him in forever and he is STILL playing.

Rodgers haven't had a defense around him in forever and he is STILL playing.

Eli hasn't had an O-line around him since he won the Super Bowl in 2012 and he is STILL playing.

Russell Wilson didn't have an O-line for years. Now to take pressure off Wilson, the Seahawks are running the ball more than any other team.

 

The Colts make some right decisions the last two years and build a formidable top 5 offensive line. Investing 1st round and 2nd round picks to protect their franchise QB and now he walks away. Rebuilding any part of a team whether an offensive line, defense, finding a QB, takes time due to the cap. He's ONLY been in the league 7 years and now finally the team is constructed to compete for a Super Bowl and now he walks away......

 

He turned his back on the fans. That's sad. This could've been handled so much differently. I would return my season tickets,

 

I'm rooting for Brissett. I'm hoping that he has a huge season with this playoff caliber team.

Edited by nonstopfan
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

 

I don't understand this train of thought. 

Don't blame Irsay, blame the cap. It takes time to build a team through the draft and free agency.

Stafford hasn't had a team around him in forever and he is STILL playing.

Rodgers haven't had a defense around him in forever and he is STILL playing.

Eli hasn't had an O-line around him since he won the Super Bowl in 2012 and he is STILL playing.

Russell Wilson didn't have an O-line for years. Now to take pressure off Wilson, the Seahawks are running the ball more than any other team.

 

The Colts make some right decisions the last two years and build a formidable top 5 offensive line. Investing 1st round and 2nd round picks to protect their franchise QB and now he walks away. Rebuilding any part of a team whether an offensive line, defense, finding a QB, takes time due to the cap. He's ONLY been in the league 7 years and now finally the team is constructed to compete for a Super Bowl and now he walks away....

 

Indeed. Luck was sacked 18 times last year, btw.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

They did tank for Luck all those years ago but that was THE year to pick #1. He was the best prospect of maybe the past 20 years. 

Tua is nowhere close.

 

People don’t realize how big of a deal he was coming out.  I swear Elway pressured the Broncos to start Tebow in ‘11 in an attempt to tank for Luck (and hated Tebow for winning).

 

It’s amazing looking back, RG3 and Tannehill are going to end up with longer NFL careers than Luck despite being busts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bomont said:

Yeah actually you can. Again it's not the decision but the timing. Very weak and lame. He just screwed this team over badly. If he'd done this in say Feb or Mar it's a different story.

He wasn't injured in March. How many times do we have to post this before you listen?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So how much are we moving Luck down?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

This lowered my respect for him immensely

Great quarterback, but no heart.  He walked away from the Team, friends, and the city because he had enough money, and no longer feels he has an obligation to play for the people that supported and paid him.

He is a quitter and a narcissist, and he is hurting and betraying everyone that stood by him.  .  He took the money and left a good team because of " feelings"

Not a manly trait  to admire.  IMO

 

 

Edited by Sivaro
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would not surprise me if he ends up in the XFL in a couple years since his dad is the commish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mrfrood said:

It would not surprise me if he ends up in the XFL in a couple years since his dad is the commish.

Interesting. I haven't heard that theory yet 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So he'll put his Stanford engineering degree to use, after banking tens of millions and still having a functioning brain.  Not too shabby. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

This lowered my respect for him immensely

Great quarterback, but no heart.  He walked away from the Team, friends, and the city because he had enough money, and no longer feels he has an obligation to play for the people that supported and paid him.

He is a quitter and a narcissist, and he is hurting and betraying everyone that stood by him.  .  He took the money and left a good team because of " feelings"

Not a manly trait  to admire.  IMO

 

 

This post is ridiculous on a number of levels, but I think the worst part is calling someone a narcissist because they acted in their own best interest. People act in their own best interest the vast majority of the time, that doesn't mean every human is a narcissist. Calm down.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

This lowered my respect for him immensely

Great quarterback, but no heart.  He walked away from the Team, friends, and the city because he had enough money, and no longer feels he has an obligation to play for the people that supported and paid him.

He is a quitter and a narcissist, and he is hurting and betraying everyone that stood by him.  .  He took the money and left a good team because of " feelings"

Not a manly trait  to admire.  IMO

 

 

 

Please.  Have you walked in Andrew Luck's shoes?  How do you know exactly what he is going through?  Chronic pain is a very serious thing.  It eats at your soul.  People commit suicide over it.  Maybe he doesn't want to live the rest of his life in pain?  It's also possible that he is, in fact, quitting on his team and city, but neither you nor I have any idea what he is going through. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

This lowered my respect for him immensely

Great quarterback, but no heart.  He walked away from the Team, friends, and the city because he had enough money, and no longer feels he has an obligation to play for the people that supported and paid him.

He is a quitter and a narcissist, and he is hurting and betraying everyone that stood by him.  .  He took the money and left a good team because of " feelings"

Not a manly trait  to admire.  IMO

 

 

This post is full of ignorance and arrogance.

Not a manly trait to admire. 

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

This post is ridiculous on a number of levels, but I think the worst part is calling someone a narcissist because they acted in their own best interest. People act in their own best interest the vast majority of the time, that doesn't mean every human is a narcissist. Calm down.

 

He only thought of himself.  That is a narcissistic trait.  You need to see it for what it was.  He quit because he felt no obligation to anyone but himself.  He did it 2 weeks before the season starts, and he walked away from everyone that supported him and gave him that money at almost the worst time possible.  No time to draft, trade or even get your backups ready.  He is not injured, he says his " heart is not in it".   He should be shamed for his actions

 

FYI, I am calm, and I do not have him or any colts on my teams. But that is not the point.    The " me me"  people are people I avoid.  You cannot build a team ,or a society,  around people like that.  IMO

No class, no heart, no obligation to anyone but himself =  Loser  ( no matter how much he has in the bank) and this is the last time  I post on it. Everyone has the right to their opinions.  I have mine, ya'll have yours. I am not wasting my energy on it.

 

Edited by Sivaro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

 

He only thought of himself.  That is a narcissistic trait.  You need to see it for what it was.  He quit because he felt no obligation to anyone but himself.  He did it 2 weeks before the season starts, and he walked away from everyone that supported him and gave him that money at almost the worst time possible.  No time to draft, trade or even get your backups ready.  He is not injured, he says his " heart is not in it".   He should be shamed for his actions

 

FYI, I am calm, and I do not have him or any colts on my teams. But that is not the point.    The " me me"  people are people I avoid.  You cannot build a team ,or a society,  around people like that.  IMO

No class, no heart, no obligation to anyone but himself =  Loser  ( no matter how much he has in the bank)

 

 

Oh, please.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mattmac92 said:

That's correct but luck is worse than Michael Vick in my book 

Making a decision to retire is worse than what Michael Vick did? Wow. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

 

He only thought of himself.  That is a narcissistic trait.  You need to see it for what it was.  He quit because he felt no obligation to anyone but himself.  He did it 2 weeks before the season starts, and he walked away from everyone that supported him and gave him that money at almost the worst time possible.  No time to draft, trade or even get your backups ready.  He is not injured, he says his " heart is not in it".   He should be shamed for his actions

 

FYI, I am calm, and I do not have him or any colts on my teams. But that is not the point.    The " me me"  people are people I avoid.  You cannot build a team ,or a society,  around people like that.  IMO

No class, no heart, no obligation to anyone but himself =  Loser  ( no matter how much he has in the bank)

How is looking out for his and his family's future make him have no class, hear, or obligation? What a selfish and ignorant post.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, devaster said:

How is looking out for his and his family's future make him have no class, hear, or obligation? What a selfish and ignorant post.

 

THATS SO SELFISH, BUT WHAT ABOUT THE TEAM, AND THE SPORT?!  HE OWES THEM.  FORGET HIS FAMILY AND HEALTH

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...