urban2014

Andrew Luck 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

It seems some members have some strong opinions about Luck's retirement, which is to be expected given the timing, but those opinions need to be expressed in conformance with the site guidelines.  In particular, this means no political discussion, no attacking other members, and no offensive language.  If the discussion here does not stay focused on football, then this thread will be locked for a lengthy cooling off period, and users will be subject to a suspension of posting privileges.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

I'm seeing mostly the same posters (not all) that complain about Zeke and Melvin Gordon's contracts and AB spew the same level of ignorance and selfishness towards Luck. Not surprising, but disappointing.

Football players have short careers for the most part. There is the whole concern about CTE and yet players shouldn't retire when they feel it is in their best interest and for their health. I remember that lacerated kidney injury being a life threatening one.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking out for you interest is fine.  

 

But Narcissism is when you look out for your own interest to the detriment of others.  He literally  hurt the city, his teammates, and  the organization that paid him, trusted him, and that he gave his word to.  He basically stabbed them in the back, for  " his own interests" for his " feels" and because he is wealthy enough to quit ( of course he feels nothing for the fans or the organization/sport that gave him those things)

People are confusing righteous self interest VS Sociopaths/ Narcissism.

I was not going to post again, but I see people need clarification on Self interest vs Narcissist

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I don't think you understand the words you are attempting to use.

Edited by devaster
  • Like 6
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has to be more than what we know to this story.  Luck played his heart out for colts fans.  My advice to Colts fans and members of this forum.  If you don't have anything nice to say then refrain from posting anything.  The guy played with class his whole career and deserves the same from all of us.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People wouldn’t be satisfied if he gave his life on the field. “Luck you could’ve at least scrambled another yard for the first down before you died. You’re so selfish”. Smh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

He wasn't injured in March. How many times do we have to post this before you listen?

Yeah because this is all about his calf injury. Right.

How many times do you have to be given a clue before you listen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

There has to be more than what we know to this story.  Luck played his heart out for colts fans.  My advice to Colts fans and members of this forum.  If you don't have anything nice to say then refrain from posting anything.  The guy played with class his whole career and deserves the same from all of us.

Translation:  "if you aren't willing to kiss Luck's behind like the rest of us, don't post." How typical of this forum. If you disagree, shut up. If you don't, you will be vilified. smh

I don't care either way about the Colts but this patting Luck on the head nonsense is just that. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm seeing mostly the same posters (not all) that complain about Zeke and Melvin Gordon's contracts and AB spew the same level of ignorance and selfishness towards Luck. Not surprising, but disappointing.

Football players have short careers for the most part. There is the whole concern about CTE and yet players shouldn't retire when they feel it is in their best interest and for their health. I remember that lacerated kidney injury being a life threatening one.

I frankly think those people have a completely warped view of the world. Whether or not they realize it, they're ultimately siding with the league and owners over the players, and it's frightening. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bomont said:

Translation:  "if you aren't willing to kiss Luck's behind like the rest of us, don't post." How typical of this forum. If you disagree, shut up. If you don't, you will be vilified. smh

I don't care either way about the Colts but this patting Luck on the head nonsense is just that. 

Call it whatever you want. This is pretty obviously a result (direct or indirect) of the new injury, and the energy and actions of the Colts brass in handling. 

But even if their reason was that they were simply concerned for their health, I would never fault any NFL player for retiring, whether did it in March or during the Super Bowl. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, devaster said:

. I remember that lacerated kidney injury being a life threatening one.

Your memory needs work. His life was never in danger.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ss3walkman said:

People wouldn’t be satisfied if he gave his life on the field. “Luck you could’ve at least scrambled another yard for the first down before you died. You’re so selfish”. Smh

Well no hyperbole there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bomont said:

Translation:  "if you aren't willing to kiss Luck's behind like the rest of us, don't post." How typical of this forum. If you disagree, shut up. If you don't, you will be vilified. smh

I don't care either way about the Colts but this patting Luck on the head nonsense is just that. 

Its called having some class.  If you can't understand that I don't know what to tell you.  Have a great night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap!! I am shocked! 

Luck have got to be my favorite QB in the younger generation. You know QBs after Brees, Peyton, Brady, Arod, Rivers, and Big Ben. I don’t want to get to why this and why that. Just pure football perspective, we lost a great high football-IQ QB and football player in general today and that should definitely hurt and impact the NFL. Holy crap! Shock! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Looking out for you interest is fine.  

 

But Narcissism is when you look out for your own interest to the detriment of others.  He literally  hurt the city, his teammates, and  the organization that paid him, trusted him, and that he gave his word to.  He basically stabbed them in the back, for  " his own interests" for his " feels" and because he is wealthy enough to quit ( of course he feels nothing for the fans or the organization/sport that gave him those things)

People are confusing righteous self interest VS Sociopaths/ Narcissism.

I was not going to post again, but I see people need clarification on Self interest vs Narcissist

This opinion and ones like it are are so wrong. He doesn't owe the team a damn thing. He showed up, he played at a very high level when he was healthy and he was paid for it. All this talk about him "owing" the team, or the fans, or the organization is ridiculous. The team and the fans would drop him in a heartbeat if he started to underperform and they had a better option available and I bet this same guy above would say "good on them. it's a cold business. sometimes as an organization you gotta make the hard decisions and move on". I never understand this thing where it's ok for teams to treat this league like a cold business and move on from players like they're old underwear but players have to be loyal and take one for the team and play through pain and suck it up. 

Luck played and played WELL behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league for years. He's been in pain, injured, recovering and playing through pain, for at least three years. He has decided that the millions of dollars he has made is enough and he would rather retire while his body can still recover, while his brain is still healthy, so he can be with his family and travel. hell YEAH. That sounds like a good life and I hope he enjoys it. 

The NFL is a business. Luck quit his job. He's made enough money and now he wants to enjoy early retirement. How're you gonna be mad at a man for that? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mrfrood said:

It would not surprise me if he ends up in the XFL in a couple years since his dad is the commish.

 

In a couple years? The XFL? If it's not this year, it's not happening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He knew all his problems before the season and signed up anyways... i dont get how a calf injury is the last straw. If he was thinking about retirement he should have told his team before the season started for that they could have plan accordingly. To hurt your calf and then call it quits 2 weeks before rhw season is just selfish. f--- luck, luck the cuck. 

Edited by BigBenTheSteelerMan
.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Luck has made 97M over the course of his NFL career.  That’s likely 45M once you get done with taxes and agents.  Who knows what other expenses he’s had. 

 

The Colts can ask him for another 12.8M of his signing bonus back.  He still had 64M remaining on his contract.  

 

TLDR: he turned down a lot of money to do this and might lose a good chunk of cash.  He won’t end up broke, but this wasn’t a “greedy” decision. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigBenTheSteelerMan said:

He knew all his problems before the season and signed up anyways... i dont get how a calf injury is the last straw. If he was thinking about retirement he should have told his team before the season started for that they could have plan accordingly. To hurt your calf and then call it quits 2 weeks before rhw season is just selfish. f--- luck, luck the cuck. 

People are allowed to change their minds, regardless of when it happens. Have some compassion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

This lowered my respect for him immensely

Great quarterback, but no heart.  He walked away from the Team, friends, and the city because he had enough money, and no longer feels he has an obligation to play for the people that supported and paid him.

He is a quitter and a narcissist, and he is hurting and betraying everyone that stood by him.  .  He took the money and left a good team because of " feelings"

Not a manly trait  to admire.  IMO

 

 

 

Football is one thing, but questioning someone's "manly trait" over a decision he was in his full right to make is quite another. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The people who are criticizing Luck for retiring would never put their body through the same trauma him and other NFL players do.  Fake tough guys.  It's disturbing to witness such a lack of empathy.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dude retired from a game in which he makes millions because he couldn't mentally handle it anymore.

Which makes me wonder why the f--- do I still play fantasy football?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TTo34 said:

Andrew Luck 20 years from now:

giphy.gif

That's one option. His second option is:

csLIaPifCJUES66bNulnf9ykAXFVhKSuZUbLOa23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

 

 

At that level, the game will wreck you...

Can we please pin this so it appears at the start of each page of this thread?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.