urban2014

Andrew Luck 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

It seems some members have some strong opinions about Luck's retirement, which is to be expected given the timing, but those opinions need to be expressed in conformance with the site guidelines.  In particular, this means no political discussion, no attacking other members, and no offensive language.  If the discussion here does not stay focused on football, then this thread will be locked for a lengthy cooling off period, and users will be subject to a suspension of posting privileges.

Message added by tonycpsu

He was $3 in an auction for me........we fade QB's like crazy there but that was still a bit nutty.   

This is beginning to feel like the season a couple years ago where he was iffy going into week 1 with a shoulder injury and then missed the whole dang year.  Hopefully the Colts are smart enough not to do that to their fanbase again. 

5 minutes ago, cizastro said:

This is beginning to feel like the season a couple years ago where he was iffy going into week 1 with a shoulder injury and then missed the whole dang year.  Hopefully the Colts are smart enough not to do that to their fanbase again. 

41UIwsSOHQL.jpg

Got him for cheap, hes going to play. He might not be up to full power for the first few weeks but you can play another QB. The upside and cheap cost makes him a great pick.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Got him for cheap, hes going to play. He might not be up to full power for the first few weeks but you can play another QB. The upside and cheap cost makes him a great pick.

as @smeeze posted above, ' The issue remains a matter of "full speed movement vs. pain threshold." ' --- i can't spin any aspect of this quote favorably.

so getting luck, even on the cheap, may have negative repercussions for every week he sits... i like the idea of being optimistic, of taking a shot, but for me at today's round 7 ADP (luck is at 7.12), i'd sooner go cam newton, matt ryan, or carson wentz if drafting a QB (all round 7 ADPs).

and still, i'd avoid QB until double digits and instead draft a WR/RB in round 7-8 (geronimo, MVS, fitzgerald, marvin jones, fuller, curtis samuel / ballage, penny, royce). with goff and kyler murray going in round 9, and even better winston and LJax in round 10, all four seem safer than an injured luck.

all that said, i'm glued to the coltswire for injury / health updates, because we all saw what a healthy luck looked like last season...

On 8/19/2019 at 3:00 AM, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I got him in the 15th round in 10 man today. I think people are worrying too much about his injury at this point. 

I'm prob looking at streaming QBs this year but can't fault you for drafting him there. If he plays, he's an elite option. Solid investment at minimal risk.

• Like 1

I can't remember the last time a QB missed a whole season or a big chunk of one for a leg injury like this.  Broken bones in leg, yes, ACL, yes, but a calf injury?  The way I'm dealing with him is this: move Luck down like four rounds in the draft (to the point where you'd just be taking streamers anyway), but no downgrade (yet) for Colts' RB/WR/TE.  I think Luck is going to play 15+ games, but I'm going to hedge my bets in that way.

Questions surrounding Luck's health having a negative effect on Hilton ADP I would imagine. Low cost QB/WR stack possibility for those gamblers out there

17 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I can't remember the last time a QB missed a whole season or a big chunk of one for a leg injury like this.  Broken bones in leg, yes, ACL, yes, but a calf injury?  The way I'm dealing with him is this: move Luck down like four rounds in the draft (to the point where you'd just be taking streamers anyway), but no downgrade (yet) for Colts' RB/WR/TE.  I think Luck is going to play 15+ games, but I'm going to hedge my bets in that way.

Sometimes a calf injury makes one susceptible to achilles injury

I can't really get on board with theorizing he'll miss the season or anything crazy, but a recurrence or other setback during it?  Very plausible.     

Posted (edited)

He's like the anti wolverine. It's the same everytime, you'll get reports that he's busted up then a Twitter video of him river dancing in practice that gives you hope , but then get a new report that says he will miss practice and all season it'll continue 

Edited by Savatage79
  • Like 1

I just can't see him not playing based on the warm-ups he was doing. I had a pretty bad calf strain and all hopping around would be unbearable for me. 

• Haha 1

Tulowitzki of football

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cizastro said:

It does feel like we are being lied to again.  That whole shoulder thing was because there was an undisclosed injury to us.  We were all speculating on it, and he had the snowboarding injury which we didn't know about.