oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

It blows my mind that they use White for passes, Michel for runs, and the defenses cant stop them anyway. Would love to see him get more catches bit don't see it happening.. I see him as a second round pick in most formats.

27 minutes ago, LuckBox1 said:

3 TD a game in 2019 for a total of 48. Rock solid first rounder. 

3 TDs in a half. On pace for 96. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, oban14 said:

nice strong running out there...although i see absolutely no Elusivness. 

Fifth-most elusive RB in his draft class - maybe you watched him playing injured.

51 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Fifth-most elusive RB in his draft class - maybe you watched him playing injured.

Lol. Ayuh...

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

That's a good thing?   That could make him the 9th most elusive rb to come out in past 2 years,

RB1 some weeks, RB4 in others with difficulty predicting which ones.  For the most part, when they're a heavy favorite that week, he's the guy.   However, you never really know with this team.      I think he'll be overdrafted, but as long as you have a consistent RB1, you can probably roll Sony out there week after week because of his potential to pop in 2 or more TD's just like that..   He's just a tough sell in PPR, he'll be a guy that scores 5-7 points a handful of times and will make you groan along the way.   

Their passing game is lining up to change majorly next year.   Hogan and Dorsett are free agents, Gordon's obviously gone, and Gronk may be as well.    i also noticed they have an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick this year, including trading the 115th pick in 2018 for the 75th pick in 2019, straight up from the Lions.   HOW is it they are always able to swindle teams like this?   

• Like 1

Watching the playoffs.

"I will not be fooled... I will not be fooled... I will not be fooled..."

Late 3rd early 4th rolls around next year. "I'll take Sony."

8 hours ago, BrianM said:

RB1 some weeks, RB4 in others with difficulty predicting which ones.  For the most part, when they're a heavy favorite that week, he's the guy.   However, you never really know with this team.      I think he'll be overdrafted, but as long as you have a consistent RB1, you can probably roll Sony out there week after week because of his potential to pop in 2 or more TD's just like that..   He's just a tough sell in PPR, he'll be a guy that scores 5-7 points a handful of times and will make you groan along the way.   

Their passing game is lining up to change majorly next year.   Hogan and Dorsett are free agents, Gordon's obviously gone, and Gronk may be as well.    i also noticed they have an extra 2nd and 3rd round pick this year, including trading the 115th pick in 2018 for the 75th pick in 2019, straight up from the Lions.   HOW is it they are always able to swindle teams like this?   

Maybe they’ll actually start letting him catch some passes - he’s actually quite skilled in that department.  Then again, for so long as defenses struggle to understand that James White will be catching Brady’s passes, the Pats might not bother.

8 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Watching the playoffs.

"I will not be fooled... I will not be fooled... I will not be fooled..."

Late 3rd early 4th rolls around next year. "I'll take Sony."

Well, it was his 6th game this season of 98+ yards out of 14 total games. I believe Sony is a solid RB2 when healthy next year. The issue is his health. Can he hold up game-after-game in the NFL? 

Edited by Flyman75

If I recall correctly, the stretch of games when Michel did really well is when Burkhead was out.  Once Burkhead came was playing again I think that's when Michel's numbers became much more inconsistent.  Michel did just fine with White this year, I think the problem is Burkhead eating into the snaps.  This doesn't mean that I think Burkhead is a threat to Michel's role as a starter, the issue is about having 50%-55% of the snaps versus 35%-40% of the snaps.

Edited by ZappB

Didn’t Burkhead play in and score in the last game?

1 hour ago, ZappB said:

If I recall correctly, the stretch of games when Michel did really well is when Burkhead was out.

Not really. He was up and down without Burk, and with Burk. Burkhead didn't really play a role this season except the first game (with Michel out).

image.png.9b35cbea921f364ccdcc75526d8dc55e.png

Sony had huge holes to run through. My 3 year od could have had atleast 80 yards rushing with those gaps! even Sony himself said the holes were huge and credited the o line. Im still not impressed. Im still waiting to see that "Dion "Lewis" break 3 tackles juke n move watchout now type of game!

I say this as a Pats fan. He is now overrated. Michel is and will always be TD dependent. He is not involved - and will not be involved - in the passing game as long as white is there. And this is the Pats so you never know when Burkhead or Devlin or Patterson or the backup punter is going to vulture a TD just because BB wants us all to know how smart he is. Also he’s never had a full workload even in college. His ceiling is that of an RB2 for fantasy purposes. If you can get RB1 value I would sell.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Sony had huge holes to run through. My 3 year od could have had atleast 80 yards rushing with those gaps! even Sony himself said the holes were huge and credited the o line. Im still not impressed. Im still waiting to see that "Dion "Lewis" break 3 tackles juke n move watchout now type of game!

Lewis finished 2017 as literally the most elusive back in the league.  I think you might be setting the bar a bit too high for young Sony.

4 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

I say this as a Pats fan. He is now overrated. Michel is and will always be TD dependent. He is not involved - and will not be involved - in the passing game as long as white is there. And this is the Pats so you never know when Burkhead or Devlin or Patterson or the backup punter is going to vulture a TD just because BB wants us all to know how smart he is. Also he’s never had a full workload even in college. His ceiling is that of an RB2 for fantasy purposes. If you can get RB1 value I would sell.

Did Bill tell you that directly? I'm jealous of your sources!

EDIT: Smart money says his lack of passing game usage has nothing to do with his ability or lack of ability. It has to do with reliability and experience. He was late to camp and dealt with injuries so never fully settled into the passing game. I doubt Bill drafted him in the 1st round to be a predictable 2 down back. The evolution of this offense is pointing to Sony having a role in the passing game next year. Pending health, he has a lot of value.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BMcP said:

Lewis finished 2017 as literally the most elusive back in the league.  I think you might be setting the bar a bit too high for young Sony.

He was picked in the first round. I expected more......

58 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Similar to our other first rounders injury prone. See Wynn. 

The difference is Sony is playing through it. In my book so far he's earning his stripes. 

7 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Did Bill tell you that directly? I'm jealous of your sources!

EDIT: Smart money says his lack of passing game usage has nothing to do with his ability or lack of ability. It has to do with reliability and experience. He was late to camp and dealt with injuries so never fully settled into the passing game. I doubt Bill drafted him in the 1st round to be a predictable 2 down back. The evolution of this offense is pointing to Sony having a role in the passing game next year. Pending health, he has a lot of value.

The last decade of watching the Pats told me. They aren’t changing their system. Bill is a terrible drafter, with the exception of Brady. 

8 hours ago, Wild Thing said:

The last decade of watching the Pats told me. They aren’t changing their system. Bill is a terrible drafter, with the exception of Brady. 

Wrong on so many accounts.

On 1/15/2019 at 7:38 PM, SyNdicateZ said:

Misjudged, or misuse?