oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

Benching... too low of a floor. I think he’ll come around but it’s going to take some patience. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, m_cox22 said:

Benching... too low of a floor. I think he’ll come around but it’s going to take some patience. 

Still waiting for Stevan Ridley and Mike Gillislee to turn it around myself. I’m a patient guy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Ultimate buy low guy rn. Would trade for him in a minute if it wasn’t for my league rule not allowing 1st round picks to be traded ughhhhh

Let me guess...thought this was the Devante Adams thread?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, gufomel said:

Let me guess...thought this was the Devante Adams thread?

No lol Michel will get it going. The only way Belichick benches him is if he gets injured or starts fumbling. At the end of the day Belichick drafted him him in the first round and will not let the world know his first round pick is a failure after his second year only. He is a watch me type of coach 

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

No lol Michel will get it going. The only way Belichick benches him is if he gets injured or starts fumbling. At the end of the day Belichick drafted him him in the first round and will not let the world know his first round pick is a failure after his second year only. He is a watch me type of coach 

You said your league rules don’t allow 1st round picks to be traded. The rules don’t allow players drafted in the 1st round of the NFL draft to be traded? Or are you saying Michel was drafted in the 1st round of your fantasy draft? I’m not sure which is stranger. Or maybe I’m totally missing what you’re saying. 

1 minute ago, babyfaceassasin said:

He is? Is that why he cut Dominque Easley after year 2?

2 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

He is? Is that why he cut Dominque Easley after year 2?

He was injury prone how is that a valid argument?? If Michel stays healthy and doesn’t fumble he will keep starting especially if they really don’t need the run game with all the WRs they got

He had like 17 snaps & 2 runs the whole game, in a blowout. I’m not saying he won’t have a few okay games but he’s definitely not a RB2. And his floor is to low/inconsistent to be my flex. I may drop/throw him in a trade if I can 

Honestly what’s the difference between him and Jordan Howard on the eagles. They both appear to have the same role. 

5 minutes ago, Jrt80 said:

Honestly what’s the difference between him and Jordan Howard on the eagles. They both appear to have the same role. 

They’re pretty much the same hence why they have Burkhead and James white. Belichick likes to use players to their strengths only 

This just isn't making sense.  Not sure if Michel is doing his best impression of Ridley.....which would mean the fumbles are coming next.   Just so strange that he is not performing. 

1 minute ago, dudewithabadcat said:

This just isn't making sense.  Not sure if Michel is doing his best impression of Ridley.....which would mean the fumbles are coming next.   Just so strange that he is not performing. 

As with the NE backfield throughout the years... Draft the cheapest guy...

2015: Dion Lewis was a Waiver wire add, until he broke down

2016: Blount was almost free, 9th-10th rd.

2017: Gillislee, drafted 5th-6th rd, however it was Burkhead/Lewis that proved useful

2018: Burkhead, drafted 5th-6th rd, however It was Sony/White that proved useful

2019: ????

There is a historical precedence ... It's up to you what to make of it...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

As with the NE backfield throughout the years... Draft the cheapest guy...

2015: Dion Lewis was a Waiver wire add, until he broke down

2016: Blount was almost free, 9th-10th rd.

2017: Gillislee, drafted 5th-6th rd, however it was Burkhead/Lewis that proved useful

2018: Burkhead, drafted 5th-6th rd, however It was Sony/White that proved useful

2019: ????

There is a historical precedence ... It's up to you what to make of it...

Is it Burkhead again?

Dont know what to do with him

today he was never on the field and could have scored 2 touchdowns

ill have to start him because bell’s bye otherwise hes a bench for now i guess

3 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Is it Burkhead again?

I really have no idea, but without James White, Sexy Rexy got the nod ahead... I wasn't expecting that much of him... Pre-game, the Pats beat reporters were all expecting Sony to be used more as a pass catcher....

But...

Maybe it's a one-week thing, maybe it's not... but, the trend is concerning for sure...

I don't own this backfield, but I am always watching to see who comes up to the top...

Although i did mention in the Burkhead thread:

That NE's lack of Fullback, and TEs for the 12 personnel would suggest that Sexy Rexy/ james White as a more viable option than Sony

Edited by Szer0

Next week is the Patriots first real test against a real defense.  This is quite concerning that the Patriots haven't been able to get Michel locked and loaded by this time.  I think next week is going to be a struggle for Michel. 

This may sound crazy but I think we need some formidable opponents for him to take off. These cake walks, where they can just shuffle guys in and out, big leads, etc aren’t helping his cause. I think we’ll need to wait til week 9 when they face Baltimore for Sony to go on a tear. Then the bye and a slew of tough matchups. Anyway, that’s my spin. Gotta be positive.....

Edited by Sonny_D

6 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

This may sound crazy but I think we need some formidable opponents for him to take off. These cake walks, where they can just shuffle guys in and out, big leads, etc aren’t helping his cause. I think we’ll need to wait til week 9 when they face Baltimore for Sony to go on a tear. Then the bye and a slew of tough matchups. Anyway, that’s my spin. Gotta be positive.....

Don't disagree.  Not sure what is happening right now.  I haven't really had the chance to watch any Pats games except the Steelers game.  Are the opposing defenses selling out to stop the run?  Not sure. 

This really just feels like last year. 
Recall that Michel only broke through because of Burkhead's neck injury. 

Belichick does not care about fantasy teams :D. He's playing chess for the entire season with an eye on the playoffs. 
He effectively uses 3 RB's including a fullback for vulture touchdowns. Come playoff time, opposing teams trying to decipher the Pats over film are left trying to figure out what the Pats are gonna do.

I’m done.  There’s better options.  I don’t know what happened to this guy.  He was one of those transcendent talents in college.  He could do it all.  He had some ridiculous jets on him but now he’s one of the slowest guys in the league.

As a Pats fan I know that Michel will eventually get his.  Burkhead can't stay healthy and will miss time at some point this season and that's when Michel will get the rock and make his run.  The problem is he can't be used until that happens which means he'll be rotting on my bench when that breakout game happens.