oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

I wouldn't trade Michel. He keeps facing base 4-3 defenses while Burkhead/White are seeing Nickel. Passing effeciecny up with Michel and down with Burkhead/White. Seems counter intuitive but its facts.

Pats will continue to run heavy personnel and keep Sony on the field due to their play action success. Unless you think Pat's are in gonna be in catch up Mode (I don't), they will run sony, big personnel and play action.

Whether or not that leads to Sony success, I don't know. But he is going to have a lot of opportunity and GL touches.

• Thanks 2

Are you guys running him out there this week? I am tempted to use a Justin Jackson or Darel Williams type over him but always get nervous this is "the game" where Bill gives him the ball 30 times. 

I want to see a good performance out of him before I start him again. I don't care if he goes for 20+ on my bench. I would prefer that than to see him put up another dud in my lineup like he has the past 3 weeks. It's just not worth the risk right now, he has just about the lowest floor of anyone on my roster right now, at least in PPR.

That's the problem with Michel, tho. He may feast this week and then you'll start him next week and, blah. 

@Krambone I think sony will get fed the ball tomorrow. Watch him have a good game. Rex had an xray on his foot this week and I expect them to limit him this weekend a bit.

I am feeling a James White type of game tomorrow.  I still think the Patriots believe in Sony Michel, but Week 4 might not be the week for his fantasy coaches to use him.

8 minutes ago, rv23 said:

@Krambone I think sony will get fed the ball tomorrow. Watch him have a good game. Rex had an xray on his foot this week and I expect them to limit him this weekend a bit.

The pats have been feeding him though. The issue is hes done nothing with the touches. James White game coming up IMO.

gotta remember guys they lost their starting center, would surprise me if Michel is more the second half hero like he was last year

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Panthor said:

gotta remember guys they lost their starting center, would surprise me if Michel is more the second half hero like he was last year

Is there hope for their line to improve? Are they getting anyone back at some point? Don’t know their situation well enough.

Edited by nromn

22 minutes ago, nromn said:

Is there hope for their line to improve? Are they getting anyone back at some point? Don’t know their situation well enough.

They lost the two most important position on their line(Center, Left tackle) and they both might be out for the season and they just lost Develin who is one of the best blocking FB. It’s gonna take a while before their run blocking gets better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

You guys ready for 18 carries for 18 yards and 2 TDs?

thats probably more  points than what ill get from im currently starting at rb

34 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

You guys ready for 18 carries for 18 yards and 2 TDs?

Sooner or later I would think they want to see what they have in Damien Harris. 

27 minutes ago, BLINDSIDERS said:

Sooner or later I would think they want to see what they have in Damien Harris. 

You would think but who knows what goes on in Belichick's mind

58 minutes ago, whoopsie said:

Exactly.  Heck, I thought they might want to know what a first-round RB with accomplished passing skills could do for them when healthy.

1 hour ago, whoopsie said:

Belichick always thinks 1 year ahead. Burkhead is a free agent next year so Harris will be his replacement 

On 9/27/2019 at 11:52 AM, Cord said:

That's the problem with Michel Patriots RB's, tho. He They may feast this week and then you'll start him them next week and, blah. 

Fixed for you...

I believe in him ROS, definitely worried about him in my flex this weekend though. I don't think he's worth trading, I'll finally bench him if he puts up another dud though...same thing I said last week lol

20 carries, 125+ yards and 2 TD’s. Sunday night everyone will be in here saying they can’t believe they benched him. Belichick set this one up to catch Buffalo by surprise. Their first formidable challenge. 

12 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

20 carries, 125+ yards and 2 TD’s. Sunday night everyone will be in here saying they can’t believe they benched him. Belichick set this one up to catch Buffalo by surprise. Their first formidable challenge. 

That line would take me by surprise - and I’m an owner.

4 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

If I can get him for Coleman I would 

Tevin Coleman? I'm not sure how to value him lol. 

3 minutes ago, Nate1213 said:

Tevin Coleman? I'm not sure how to value him lol. 

I value Coleman as a tier 4 and Michel as tier 5 but both their values have taken a hit so I would say they’re both tier 6s rn but Michel is in a better situation so I can see him doing better than Coleman ros

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nate1213 said:

Are we buying low on Michel? 

I don’t see why you’d want him.  His only decent game was against Miami.  Maybe the worst team in nfl history and he managed to be average at best.  His floor is ridiculously low.  The schedule also gets a lot more competitive.  I’m not sure game flow will favor him.