oban14

Sony Michel 2019 Outlook

17 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

The Pats were on defense on that Edelman reverse too??? Tell me more. 

I've told you enough, you choose to ignore it.  Buy into Sony, I'll be here in January and we can discuss how your season went.

Edited by The_Truth_Returns
update

5 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

I've told you enough, you choose to ignore it.  Buy into Sony, I'll be here in January and we can discuss how your season went.

Hey man, I’m just countering your point. While I don’t disagree that the Pats don’t take plays off, my point was the Jets do. In fact, they stopped trying around the 1st quarter. 

5 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Hey man, I’m just countering your point. While I don’t disagree that the Pats don’t take plays off, my point was the Jets do. In fact, they stopped trying around the 1st quarter. 

They were a dumpster fire, but they stopped the run all night long, including Harris 3 carries after his nice 12 yard run, which went for a total of 1 yard.  They didn't selectively quit on that one play, Harris showed some life, that's all I was pointing out.  Life that no other back on their roster showed, which is encouraging because they invested a 3rd on him.  Just emphasizing to folks not to rule him out as part of a future muddied backfield because Sony has not earned tenure by any stretch.

1 minute ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

They were a dumpster fire, but they stopped the run all night long, including Harris 3 carries after his nice 12 yard run, which went for a total of 1 yard.  They didn't selectively quit on that one play, Harris showed some life, that's all I was pointing out.  Life that no other back on their roster showed, which is encouraging because they invested a 3rd on him.  Just emphasizing to folks not to rule him out as part of a future muddied backfield because Sony has not earned tenure by any stretch.

Ok man. 3rd and 14 at the end of the game. Remind me what the great James White did? And you keep harping on that ONE run. I’ll play along for a second. That run went for 13 yards. Harris finished the night 4 carries for 12 yards. You take that run out, he went for negative yardage on 3 totes. Three for -1. 

My work is done here. 

• Like 1

all i know is Sony have more fantasy points than the other 5 pats rbs combined. numbers dont lie.

no need for me to debate or lose sleep on the bellichick backfield. set and forget.

59 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

3rd and 14 is a passing down. No defense is playing the run here outside of a few rare situational cases. It was a nice run against a defense that was likely just trying to stop Brady from throwing for a 1st down.

Edited by fletch44
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Ok man. 3rd and 14 at the end of the game. Remind me what the great James White did? And you keep harping on that ONE run. I’ll play along for a second. That run went for 13 yards. Harris finished the night 4 carries for 12 yards. You take that run out, he went for negative yardage on 3 totes. Three for -1. 

My work is done here. 

Your work was done on my post you responded to where I spelled out the exact same 4 carry sequence.  You should have stopped there because now you're just spinning in circles trying to latch onto a point.  Which at this point I'm less sure if it has anything to do with Sony Michel, or you're just argumentative and trying to nitpick one of mine.  Like I said, go buy Sony Michel.  I was compiling arguments against the idea that Sony would be useful in December, Damien Harris is one tiny factor of that equation.  A 3rd round pick, who had the best run of the night on his first carry of the season.  You are stacking your entire argument that he is irrelevant because he had a nice run "in garbage time", and it means nothing.  Even if I were to agree with you on that point, Sony is still Trent Richardson and will just get usurped by either Rex Burkehead, Brandon Bolden, James White, or game script.  The Patriots won't look at the thermostat and say, welp, its 26 degrees and snowing, feels like a 2.6 yard per carry kind of Sony day.  Any other back on the roster can do what he does.  And his entire value is dependent on him falling into the endzone from the 1.  Those guys are not good value in Fantasy football.  TJ Duckett wasn't good, neither is Sony Michel.

2 hours ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

So you criticize Harris no yard gain, then defend White and Michel for their numerous failings saying its the O-line? 

Point was, Harris looked better on that one run, than any of the other 25 runs last night.  Same line.  And without a Fullback, they could play in Antarctica and Michel would still need 35 carries to break a hundo.

You mean the run on 3rd and long where the Jets were in sub package and the Pats just tried to gain a little before punting? And you're comparing that to all the telegraphed run plays where Sony runs against a stacked box? Got it.

Just stop.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The_Truth_Returns said:

Your work was done on my post you responded to where I spelled out the exact same 4 carry sequence.  You should have stopped there because now you're just spinning in circles trying to latch onto a point.  Which at this point I'm less sure if it has anything to do with Sony Michel, or you're just argumentative and trying to nitpick one of mine.  Like I said, go buy Sony Michel.  I was compiling arguments against the idea that Sony would be useful in December, Damien Harris is one tiny factor of that equation.  A 3rd round pick, who had the best run of the night on his first carry of the season.  You are stacking your entire argument that he is irrelevant because he had a nice run "in garbage time", and it means nothing.  Even if I were to agree with you on that point, Sony is still Trent Richardson and will just get usurped by either Rex Burkehead, Brandon Bolden, James White, or game script.  The Patriots won't look at the thermostat and say, welp, its 26 degrees and snowing, feels like a 2.6 yard per carry kind of Sony day.  Any other back on the roster can do what he does.  And his entire value is dependent on him falling into the endzone from the 1.  Those guys are not good value in Fantasy football.  TJ Duckett wasn't good, neither is Sony Michel.

You're wrong and you've failed to respond to what those who watch and understand football have pointed out: Why is Harriis' run the "most impressive run of the night" and how he "showed more burst than Sony has all year" or whatever nonsense you've said?

Sony runs against stacked boxes with a weak o-line on basically telegraphed run plays. Harris had a nice run in garbage time on 3rd and 14 against a team playing the pass lol. These aren't comparable. Literally at all. I don't understand why you don't understand that?

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 3

Id be more excited if it didn't take a 3 TD night to get to a whopping 20 couple points. Usually when a FF player gets 3 tds, he has a monster game. He is painful to own in any league but in PPR leagues he is hard to start. 

Doesn't help the Pats could be up 87 to 0 and they are still throwing the ball on 2nd and 4. 

On 10/22/2019 at 1:52 PM, The_Truth_Returns said:

Sony earned Bills trust last year. I honestly don't think he cares about his ypc. Protect the qb, protect the ball, score TDs, and grind out yards. That's all Bill cares about. 

On 10/22/2019 at 3:50 PM, Duckbutter said:

Id be more excited if it didn't take a 3 TD night to get to a whopping 20 couple points. Usually when a FF player gets 3 tds, he has a monster game. He is painful to own in any league but in PPR leagues he is hard to start. 

Doesn't help the Pats could be up 87 to 0 and they are still throwing the ball on 2nd and 4. 

As much as we bash the guy for his low ypc, the last 3 weeks he's #6 overall rb and on the year he's #15 rb in my half ppr league. Unless you think his TD opportunities stop (they won't) he's basically a set and forget rb2 or stud flex. 

I'll go the bank all day with the between the tackles, GL back on the Patriots (hell he even catches a few balls) who has 125 touches through 7 games.

Some of you guys need to realize Michel doesn't need to be fast or sexy. His job is to grind out yards, not fumble and wear the D down. Bill B is well aware that his O Line can be better and frankly aren't playing all that well. This guy is doing his job and is in a prime spot.

This is the picture of fantasy goodness (for where he was drafted) and some people in here are finding problems where there aren't any.

Wait until its 15 degrees outside and the real fun begins

• Thanks 3

I think this might be sell high time to be honest. I say this as a Patriots fan.  I just think the OL injuries & the loss of Devlin have hampered the running game for Michel substantially.  He's being hit in the backfield or at the line on at least half his carries it seems, if not more.  As in, he takes the handoff and has virtually no chance to gain yards on far too many carries.  Add in the fact that depending on TD's is fiarly fickle, & that we've now seen Brandon Bolden vulture some TD opportunities (not to mention Burkhead should return at some point) and I say sell him if you can find an owner that thinks he's a good bet RoS.  He may prove to be a good RB2 the rest of the way but I have my doubts having watched every one of his games this year and last.

Michel is going to be TD driven as usual - very unpredictable but you are looking at a weekly floor of 60 yds with upside of adding a few TDs....could do worse for a #2 and flex

Yea it was good to see he still got volume with Rex active.

Sometimes the fantasy community loves a player but the coach hates him.

Sometimes the fantasy community hates a player but the coach loves him.

By all appearances the latter seems to be the case here. 

I’m surprised BB hasn’t seen what Harris can do at this point. Typically he throws a wrench into this backfield at least once a year

13 minutes ago, BRIGUY11 said:

I’m surprised BB hasn’t seen what Harris can do at this point. Typically he throws a wrench into this backfield at least once a year

Bill is probably very happy with what Michel is doing in all facets of the game. Ypc is not pretty but that is also product of bad line. No fumbles grinds tough yards, td scorer, good pass blocker. 3.5 ypc is the least of his concerns. 

• Like 3

A bit frustrating to own, but definitely going to hold tight, and consider playing him each week. 

As weak as his YPC is, BB seems to trust him, which is the most important trait to have. 

Going against a tough BAL rush def this week... ru guys starting or benching Michel?