BrianM

Golden Tate III 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

New QB, slot man, proven track record. Of course he will be the third preference behind Engram and Barkley, but still better than Shepard, imo. Shep has, one, not demonstrated the ability to stay healthy. Second, he's not shown to be a lead dog whether OBJ was out or not. He has posted occasional great games, but he hasn't been consistent. Even last year, his targets really came due to Engram being out so much. If you want Tate, then I'd get him now and stash, because with him due to return in Week 5, there won't be too much left on the waiver wire if you wait another week. That will likely drive up his price. So, grab and stash now and get a reliable WR3 for the stretch run.

I jumped and stashed Tate last night before he cost me more than $1. I like him more with the news of Eli getting benched. I can see Jones leaning on him, plus his average of 90- 100 catches a year in PPR. He was on track for a good season last year before the trade to Philly. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, altmin said:

Shepard is practicing again. dings value I suppose.

It doesn't really change anything. Shepard was never going to be out all season lol. Tate is better than Shepard so it can be assumed he'll be the WR1

35 minutes ago, altmin said:

Shepard is practicing again. dings value I suppose.

I didn’t even know Shep was hurt when I added Tate, no effect. They gave Tate 24 million I think if I remember right for 4 years. They’re expecting to use Tate as a big part of the offense. If he can squeeze work in with the Eagles last year with Ertz and Jeffery (mostly Ertz) eating targets, I’m not worried about Tate not getting any work in NY

Edited by Godeep

Rookie quarterback looking to impress or at the least not look bad + veteran slot receiver who is great at YAC and getting open + that receiver being in the top 2-3 options for the offense + him being on an offense with an all time talent at RB means single coverage that much more + him being on 4 years 37.5 million contract + this guy likely being a waiver pick up for you?!? 

Purely from a logical standpoint, how does that not at least get you a 'free' low end WR2?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Rookie quarterback looking to impress or at the least not look bad + veteran slot receiver who is great at YAC and getting open + that receiver being in the top 2-3 options for the offense + him being on an offense with an all time talent at RB means single coverage that much more + him being on 4 years 37.5 million contract + this guy likely being a waiver pick up for you?!? 

Purely from a logical standpoint, how does that not at least get you a 'free' low end WR2?

Nicely put. I noticed the guy who drafted him dropped him after week 1, I think now is when you get him before he cost you some faab and You risk losing him to a league mate. . Here’s some of Tate’s stats.

Tate 3 year average 123 targets, 86 receptions, 958 yards, 4 touchdowns

2017 stats 122 targets, 92 receptions, 1,003 yards, 5tds. 

2018 stats 113 targets, 74 receptions, 795 yards, 4 tds. *He was traded mid season to Eagles which gave him 2 bye weeks in 18’ *Before the trade he was on track for a 1,100 yard 7 td season.

before trade last year

7 games, 69 targets, 44 catches, 517 yards, 3tds. 

After trade last year

8 games, 44 targets, 30 catches, 278 yards, 1 td

• Like 1

Picked up Tate off the wire for nothing.  In full PPR, he seems at worst a high floor bye week fill-in, with legit potential for WR2 production.  The most likely outcome is probably in the middle, lower weekly ceiling WR3 with occasional blow up potential.  Hard to know how jones will treat him, but you have to think with Barkley out, defenses will crank up the pass rush, and a safety valve like Tate could see decent volume.

• Like 1

Just now, mar1kle said:

Who moves outside? Shep or Tate?

Shep. Tate will work outside some though. He's still pretty nimble.

I'd assume most people have better options this week but you can pretty much pencil this guy in for like a 80, 1000 and 4 pace. I'd expect him to be their most productive pass catcher ROS.

• Like 2

Giants fan. Very excited for Tate to be back. You could see some of the early connection between Jones and Tate in the preseason. Quick slants all day and throwing Golden on the run, expecting big things out of Golden with Daniel Jones.

Thinking of starting him over Juju. Playing one of the worst teams in our league and seems like a good time to gamble.

Wish they weren't both playing in the early games. i'd like to see where I stood before rolling the dice.

8 minutes ago, altmin said:

Thinking of starting him over Juju. Playing one of the worst teams in our league and seems like a good time to gamble.

Wish they weren't both playing in the early games. i'd like to see where I stood before rolling the dice.

That would be bold!  I have the same option, but will likely give Tate a week on the bench to see how it goes.  I am very interested to see how they handle him and Shepard. ON the other hand, I don't believe that Barkley will play (or play much if he suits up), so this could be a good week for the slot position.

Anyone rolling him out this week? I'm thinking he has a pretty nice day in PPR. Something like 6-8 catches for 75.

2 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Anyone rolling him out this week? I'm thinking he has a pretty nice day in PPR. Something like 6-8 catches for 75.

Yep. That's what I can see, and am hoping for. I think Tate will be matched up with Trae Waynes in the slot, winnable matchup. 

7 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

I am seriously considering it now with JuJu supposedly a game time decision.

18 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Due to injuries and guys coming back from injuries have no choice to start Tate just hoping for a safe ppr week

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, MyFistYourFace said:

Definitely rolling him out. If you have him on your team I don’t see the logic in not playing him. Unless you have much better options.

On my team, I wouldn't call them better options, just a bunch of dart throws with no safe floor for anyone.

Edited by altmin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brettg57 said:

Yep. That's what I can see, and am hoping for. I think Tate will be matched up with Trae Waynes in the slot, winnable matchup. 

The only question is... will he actually line up in the slot?  Both Tate and Shepard are slot receivers.

18 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

The only question is... will he actually line up in the slot?  Both Tate and Shepard are slot receivers.

A lot is unknown. You'd assume Shepard would shift outside, because Tate is a veteran who has made a living working between the numbers, and somewhat downfield. I could see both split reps outside and slot work. 

2 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

waiting a week. starting landry and sutton

Same here.  He was a fine pickup since they seem to actually have a QB now, but I don't think waiting and see how it all plays out (given him and Shepard both are slot receivers) is a bad idea at all.