BrianM

Golden Tate III 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He wasn't a good start, and he wouldn't have been if not for a tipped, bobbled, PERFECTLY thrown ball in 20mph wind. Sometimes a guy can have a good week and your reasoning for sitting him is still correct. 

Huh? He had 9 targets when everyone said he was a good volume play this week with all the injuries. He was definitely on the WR3/Flex map this week.

• Like 1

Someone dropped him in my league that had been holding him all year and hyping him up lol. I'm likely going to spend the #1 waiver on him

played against him this week in my main league so you're all welcome 😂 faced Fuller in the same league last week. I'll let you guys know which WR3/Flex I play against next week so you call can prepare accordingly 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

He wasn't a good start, and he wouldn't have been if not for a tipped, bobbled, PERFECTLY thrown ball in 20mph wind. Sometimes a guy can have a good week and your reasoning for sitting him is still correct. 

Image result for wtf gif

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

This is quite the blanket statement.  He may not have been a good start in every league, but if you are in a 12 or 14 team league with injury issues or even bye week problems he was a great start as it was certain he was going to see a lot of targets working out of the slot and avoiding Gilmore.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, heyeaglefn said:

This is quite the blanket statement.  He may not have been a good start in every league, but if you are in a 12 or 14 team league with injury issues or even bye week problems he was a great start as it was certain he was going to see a lot of targets working out of the slot and avoiding Gilmore.  

He was a great play under the right circumstances, like you said. Had I needed to use him I would have had no problems. I thought the matchup was bad and he was indeed smothered all game. As a playmaker he made things happen though. He's being viewed as a WR4 when the Giants get healthy with Barkley, Engram, and Shep. However, I think he'll be a solid WR3 with upside. I don't view Shep as a real threat. Barkley and Engram, yes, because of the short passing game.

Edited by FitzMagic

People acting like without the long TD he wouldn't have had a good game. He still would've scored double digits in PPR. Not bad for a guy who's been suspended and faced the top D in the league.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, heyeaglefn said:

Fair enough. It's always situational. When I say not a good start I mean not ranked in the top 25 or so WRs on the week. Then you add in bad matchup and weather and it was just tough to like. But in a deep 12/14 team, absolutely. 

3 minutes ago, InVINCEable said:

Anyone starting?! Eerily quiet in here...

Not with Engram and Barkley back. I’m playing him in a bye week but that’s it. 

On 10/20/2019 at 9:51 AM, FitzMagic said:

Not with Engram and Barkley back. I’m playing him in a bye week but that’s it. 

Shepherd is out this week.  Have to pass to the wideouts 

Barkley and Engram played last week, Tate got 11 targets he is locked for 8-11 targets PPR leagues is is solid option, plus Detroit should be leading.

7 hours ago, mortman212 said:

Barkley and Engram played last week, Tate got 11 targets he is locked for 8-11 targets PPR leagues is is solid option, plus Detroit should be leading.

I agree, he has to get some targets this week.  Should have a 5 point standard floor

Must start this week with Detroit. Their best corner D.Slay is hurt this week AND Diggs was traded.  

Edited by Eugeneebay
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Eugeneebay said:

Must start this week with Detroit. Their best corner D.Slay is hurt this week AND Diggs was traded.  

Not saying Tate won't have a good game, but Justin Coleman is supposed to be a solid CB as well (the guy likely taking over Slay's role).

Love this guy, but dont like the targets hes gonna lose to Shepard. That beong said they play different positions, with tate dominating the slot, maybe Shepard opens things up for him. Plus the giants are terrible and dallas will probably be up in this game.

Now with news that Shepard might be out a while, are we back to saying Tate is a comfortable WR3 play?  Jones has to throw the ball to somebody.

19 minutes ago, ZappB said:

Now with news that Shepard might be out a while, are we back to saying Tate is a comfortable WR3 play?  Jones has to throw the ball to somebody.

Not just Shepard, Engram too. They are a terrible defense and will be behind. I would be 100 dollars he gets 10 targets this week.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Not just Shepard, Engram too. They are a terrible defense and will be behind. I would be 100 dollars he gets 10 targets this week.

Just hope Slayton doesn't vulture all the TDs again.