Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

Haha, face to face questions with the owner is clickbait now?

"Jerry Jones has one secret to ruining his franchise that YOU WON'T BELIEVE" ---> cLiCk hErE

"NFL franchises hate him"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Philly wasting no time with the trolling efforts...this was up off of 95 a few days after JJ’s comment 

6949953C-B4DF-489A-B79E-47EABA8602D5.jpeg

Edited by Tyler Durden
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

20190822_111844

Spotted zeke in Pittsburgh! Looks like he's slacking off a little 😂

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

All the Tony Pollard believers after the deal (if its signed) "Yeah Pollard wasn't that good anyway"

Edited by Eddie Mush

3 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

All the Tony Pollard believers after the deal "Yeah Pollard wasn't that good anyway"

I just wanted to start him for a week or two :(

If 'Zeke turns down that offer (if true) then he's an idiot.  Rams overpaid Gurley you moron, take the money and be happy.  

• Like 1

Just now, jumper said:

If 'Zeke turns down that offer (if true) then he's an idiot.  Rams overpaid Gurley you moron, take the money and be happy.  

This is exactly right.  If this rumor is true, Zeke should sign it, and that should be that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Per Sleeper app below. If true, this makes it sound even more unlikely that a deal gets done. If the Cowboys are offering between Bell and Gurley money (with legit guaranteed money as well) and Zeke’s not going to take it, then it’s really hard to see a deal ever getting done here. I mean, a deal has to get done one way or another at some point right? He has 2 years left on his contract. What’s he gonna do, walk away from the NFL? 

ESPN’s Ed Werder reports the Cowboys have offered to make holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott one of the two highest-paid running backs in the NFL.
In other words, more than LeVeon Bell but less than Todd Gurley’s market re-setter. That is surely not going to fly with Elliott, who is undoubtedly aiming to become the league’s highest-paid runner. What had seemed to be a fairly routine holdout has taken on a bit of an edge in recent weeks. It is hard to envision Elliott missing regular season games, but the opener is in just 17 days.

Edited by gufomel

Just now, gufomel said:

Per Sleeper app below. If true, this makes it sound like even more unlikely that a deal gets done. If the Cowboys are offering between Bell and Gurley money (with legit guaranteed money as well) and Zeke’s not going to take it, then it’s really hard to see a deal ever getting done here. I mean, a deal has to get done one way or another at some point right? He has 2 years left on his contract. What’s he gonna do, walk away from the NFL? 

ESPN’s Ed Werder reports the Cowboys have offered to make holdout RB Ezekiel Elliott one of the two highest-paid running backs in the NFL.
In other words, more than LeVeon Bell but less than Todd Gurley’s market re-setter. That is surely not going to fly with Elliott, who is undoubtedly aiming to become the league’s highest-paid runner. What had seemed to be a fairly routine holdout has taken on a bit of an edge in recent weeks. It is hard to envision Elliott missing regular season games, but the opener is in just 17 days.

Has it been officially stated he wants to be the highest paid? This seems like conjecture....... 

• Like 1

All depends on the guaranteed cash. If it's there should sign soon. 

• Like 1

Just now, kball09 said:

Has it been officially stated he wants to be the highest paid? This seems like conjecture....... 

We'll find out soon.  If he rejects it, it will be clear he wants to be the highest paid.

For some of these guys, respect is as much, if not more, important than the actual money.  You and I can say to ourselves "hey, whats a couple million when i'm going to be rolling in it anyway" but he might feel very slighted if he's not the top paid player.  It might be enough to make him miss games.

2 hours ago, Savatage79 said:

20190822_111844

Spotted zeke in Pittsburgh! Looks like he's slacking off a little 😂

Is Fat Zeke walking a coyote there? 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jumper said:

If 'Zeke turns down that offer (if true) then he's an idiot. 

well, zeke IS a college dropout

7 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

added 30 pounds of tacos, don't worry.

and part of his mexican training program included running with coyotes.

One could argue that, because they offered him more than Bell and less than Gurley, that the Cowboys are just being cheap.  I mean, Bell got $52 for 4 years, Gurley got $57 for 4 years.  What did they offer Zeke, $54?  $55?  Just give him the extra $3-4 million and be done with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

This is exactly right.  If this rumor is true, Zeke should sign it, and that should be that.

Agree.

Gurley isn't a comparison for me.  Gurley wasn't suspended or costing his team all kinds of heachaches and legal problems.  Gurley isn't one screw up away from an indefinite ban.  Zeke has to take less than him IMO and there is no way I cave in any further if I'm Jerry Jones.

If he's indeed the second highest paid RB, he should jump at that offer before somebody changes their mind.

put a clause in the contract where he’ll get the extra money over gurleys contract if the boys win the super bowl. 

And stop fighting security guards. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gufomel said:

If the Cowboys are offering between Bell and Gurley money (with legit guaranteed money as well) and Zeke’s not going to take it, then it’s really hard to see a deal ever getting done here.

IMO- Zeke's contract should look more like Gurley or David Johnson's.  Gurley is like 45M guaranteed over 4 years, Bell is 30M over 2 years. (Considering the earliest year their teams could cut them where the cap hit makes sense).

13 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

8 minutes ago, Sack Exchange said:

and part of his mexican training program included running with coyotes.

I feel like maybe neither of you know what a coyote looks like.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I feel like maybe neither of you know what a coyote looks like.

Hey if that’s zeke then who’s to say that’s not a coyote?

• Haha 2