Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Psst...those rbs didn’t become great after retirement, lol.

(and they didn’t need complimentary rb partners)

Elliott is already great.

Never said after retirement. This is basically like arguing with a drunk guy in a bar. You just kind of insert things into my argument that I never said or implied. Waste of time. Whatever works I guess.

Even great players get injured.

Edited by pikerbkb
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

I'm not debating this. I actually agree. The "if healthy" part is the biggest concern. A lot of those RBs on my list could have been very good. Jamal Anderson was excellent until he injured his knee. Was never the same. Ickey Woods. Dominick Davis. Both excellent backs brought down by injury. They're not all JAGs.

I was a Cadillac fan before he busted up his knee.

55 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

Never said after retirement. This is basically like arguing with a drunk guy in a bar. You just kind of insert things into my argument that I never said or implied. Waste of time. Whatever works I guess.

Even great players get injured.

Let me slow it down for you...

you disregarded the dmb list as all-time greats, that they were outliers (cherry-picked list)

I stated that these guys were great & high-volume rbs from the start of their careers...exactly like Elliott.

1 hour ago, pikerbkb said:

I'm not debating this. I actually agree. The "if healthy" part is the biggest concern. A lot of those RBs on my list could have been very good. Jamal Anderson was excellent until he injured his knee. Was never the same. Ickey Woods. Dominick Davis. Both excellent backs brought down by injury. They're not all JAGs.

Those guys < Elliott.

Q: Have any of the great running backs been in a situation where rb talent was brought in specifically to ease their load? ...additions that caused their usage to go down?

(without an injury being the catalyst)

Probably not ease their load, but quality depth? Sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, devaster said:

Probably not ease their load, but quality depth? Sure.

True...that type of depth-building is what KC/Denver have done for years...for their next guy up mentality, but that is not what piker is looking for.

I kinda agree with having another guy to ease the load. Zeke is amaizing but he does take an awful lot of hits. If he stays healthy he will certainly be in the same category of emmit Smith's and eric dickerson's (imo there will never be another Walter payton or barry sanders) but for every emmit smith theres several Earl Campbell's, gale sayers, Terrell davis, priest holmes, bo jackson, even Shaun alexander started getting nicked up on the end. And those are just some guys that made it to stardom theres no telling how many guys were getting fed 30 touches a game that got a catastrophic injury 3 years in their career and never were the same. 

As long as Zeke manages his rest with suspensions, I have no issues with his workload.

Zeke also seems like he wants to be on the field and taking all those touches. I don't see Garrett all of the sudden stepping up and making his star players unhappy with "best for the team" decisions.

53 minutes ago, 30Burger said:

Zeke>All in every format. Highest floor, highest ceiling. 

Saquans ceiling is def higher IMO. Floor is debatable. 

I have Zeke 2nd I think though. Hes the man.

• Like 1

What could there possibly be to talk about here?  Take him #1 overall, end thread.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

What could there possibly be to talk about here?  Take him #1 overall, end thread.

Anywhere in the top 4 is fine with me

This guy's a ticking time bomb. Only a matter of time before he gets 'Reke'd

Elliott is engaged in an argument with his girlfriend in which he blocks her from walking away multiple times. Event staff members for EDC Las Vegas then get involved and Elliott confronts one of them, pushing him backward into a metal gate and then onto the ground.

After promptly saying, “I didn’t do anything,” with his hands up, Elliott is handcuffed by police.

Elliott’s attorney, Frank Salzano, told TMZ that Elliott was released soon thereafter and not formally arrested or charged.

Someone needs to tell Zeke that pushing someone in that manner depending on the state laws is called assault. . .👁️

On 5/3/2019 at 6:46 PM, hoppychokes said:

As long as Zeke manages his rest with suspensions, I have no issues with his workload.

God damnit Zeke I was being facetious!!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Elliott is engaged in an argument with his girlfriend in which he blocks her from walking away multiple times. Event staff members for EDC Las Vegas then get involved and Elliott confronts one of them, pushing him backward into a metal gate and then onto the ground.

After promptly saying, “I didn’t do anything,” with his hands up, Elliott is handcuffed by police.

Elliott’s attorney, Frank Salzano, told TMZ that Elliott was released soon thereafter and not formally arrested or charged.

Someone needs to tell Zeke that pushing someone in that manner depending on the state laws is called assault. . .👁️

It's actually battery which is worse lol.

Man....the only thing that is warranted an suspension is zeke wearing a fanny pack, nothing to see here. 

• Like 1

Dude isnt pressing charges. Seems more like a bad optics thing like K179 said than anything too major. Who knows with the NFL though. 

8 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Dude isnt pressing charges. Seems more like a bad optics thing like K179 said than anything too major. Who knows with the NFL though. 

Could the police pursue charges without the guy pressing them? Or does it just die, the guy gets a nice "gift" and everyone moves on?

7 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Could the police pursue charges without the guy pressing them? Or does it just die, the guy gets a nice "gift" and everyone moves on?

I don't think so, but I am only familiar with Bird Law. Im assuming they would have more important stuff going on. 

• Haha 1