Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Did anyone else notice that he appeared to be under the influence of something based on his body movements?ūüėĪ

Zeke didn't even push the guy. Watch the video. There's nothing there. He's not getting any kind of suspension.

2 hours ago, Jags02 said:

Zeke didn't even push the guy. Watch the video. There's nothing there. He's not getting any kind of suspension.

Can you check again what happens at 1:17? The fact that he uses his elbow to shove the guy doesn't make it less of a push.

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Can you check again what happens at 1:17? The fact that he uses his elbow to shove the guy doesn't make it less of a push.

I saw it, and it was nothing to spazz out about. The contact was minimal, and the guy only fell because he was off balance. It wasn't like a hard, physical push that would have knocked anyone over. 

5 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

I saw it, and it was nothing to spazz out about. The contact was minimal, and the guy only fell because he was off balance. It wasn't like a hard, physical push that would have knocked anyone over. 

So we agree it's a push. It's not the worst thing we've ever seen an NFL player do, and I think the way he behaved to his girlfriend may have been more offensive, but the push is on camera.

(btw if I'd be an NFL player or any kind of celebrity I'd totally love to give the camera person a bit of a shove, that kind of stalking would annoy the heck out of me, but I'm not and I don't. Just to say that we see the bad behaviour of these guys, but it's actually surprising we don't see these kind of videos on a daily basis.)

Just saw the vid, wow what an idiot, easy suspension coming for him.  Saquon, step on up as the uncontested number pick in the 2019 season

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Just saw the vid, wow what an idiot, easy suspension coming for him.  Saquon, step on up as the uncontested number pick in the 2019 season

at least the decision becomes easy peasey.

and you know this guy ain't shoving nobody, nor cupping any boobies while drunken, nor accidentally crotch-tapping an uber driver

960.jpg

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Saquon already was in my book.

I still don't know you can say "easy suspension." It just really didn't look that bad to me.

I'm not dropping Zeke until I'm at least convinced a suspension will happen, but right now I'm guessing nothing comes of this. 

9 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

Saquon already was in my book.

I still don't know you can say "easy suspension." It just really didn't look that bad to me.

I'm not dropping Zeke until I'm at least convinced a suspension will happen, but right now I'm guessing nothing comes of this. 

agreed that the video doesn't look "that bad," but he does bump into a security guard and knock him back. he also is taken away in handcuffs: even though their were no charges filed, roger godell does not like players poorly representing the NFL. a two-game suspension would not surprise me. also, zeke must keep his nose clean for several more months.

which lends to the question, who's filling in?

darius jackson

tony pollard

mike weber

we might very well see a committee should zeke sit out a couple of games.

8 hours ago, Jags02 said:

what he did was wors actually. He initiated the confrontation and then challenged the security guard and then he physically pushed him down. 

That's assault with intent, regardless o the degree of injury.

The league can interpret it anyway they choose however what amplifies this situation is he has a documented history of negative behavior that is publicly known

I have no shares of Elliott, I'm not a fan of his or the Cowboys, but c'mon, this isn't suspension worthy. He barely made contact with the guy. My favorite part is how he looks exactly like a basketball player that just got called for a ticky-tack foul. Flop!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

I have no shares of Elliott, I'm not a fan of his or the Cowboys, but c'mon, this isn't suspension worthy. He barely made contact with the guy. My favorite part is how he looks exactly like a basketball player that just got called for a ticky-tack foul. Flop!

1. it wasn't barely. the fact is Zeke initiated and made contact

2.¬† i wonder how you would have felt to have a 6ft 225lb¬† powerfully muscled man threatening you both verbally and physically as you are attempting to perform your job. I bet you would manned up and taken zeke down like Chuck Norris¬†ūüí™

3.  it's terrible optics for the league in a world of an anti-bullying movement and  NFL players having too many public altercations in a 24/7 news cycle

4.  the league will probably just file it away but that doesnt make the encounter irrelevant, just another footnote in a pattern of negative behavior that could be used against him later if his behavior does not change.

3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

He already should have been regardless. 

Zeke walked that security guard back in a manner every "guy" on here knows was to elicit a confrontation with sad security guard, until the guard had no where else to go, but tumble over the traffic railing.

Not a good look for Zeke.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, dashoe said:

1. it wasn't barely. the fact is Zeke initiated and made contact

2.¬† i wonder how you would have felt to have a 6ft 225lb¬† powerfully muscled man threatening you both verbally and physically as you are attempting to perform your job. I bet you would manned up and taken zeke down like Chuck Norris¬†ūüí™

3.  it's terrible optics for the league in a world of an anti-bullying movement and  NFL players having too many public altercations in a 24/7 news cycle

4.  the league will probably just file it away but that doesnt make the encounter irrelevant, just another footnote in a pattern of negative behavior that could be used against him later if his behavior does not change.

All four points are valid. What Zeke did was wrong. Full stop. 

However, you can do something that's stupid and wrong without it meriting a suspension, and I think you kind of implied as much with point 4. It's relevant, sure, but I expect Elliott to be able to suit up for week 1 this year.  

Edited by ajs723
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, FollowTheLeader said:

Zeke walked that security guard back in a manner every "guy" on here knows was to elicit a confrontation with sad security guard, until the guard had no where else to go, but tumble over the traffic railing.

Not a good look for Zeke.

I agree.

Let's put it in a real world extreme scenario.

Nevada is a "stand your ground" state, if this guy was just an average guy vs what i will assume to be a trained security guard

1. he did not start the altercation

2. he felt his life was in danger

3. was not breaking any laws and was legally carrying a firearm

Zeke would be dead and the guy would have been found innocent

So for the it wasnt that bad or he barely touched the guy crowd it could have been a very ugly outcome and zeke should consider himself very very fortunate that the outcome was he was detained and released

6 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

All four points are valid. What Zeke did was wrong. Full stop. 

However, you can do something that's stupid and wrong without it meriting a suspension, and I think you kind of implied as much with point 4. It's relevant, sure, but I expect Elliott to be able to suit up for week 1 this year.  

¬†yes his lawyer¬† went into immediate damage control stating the security overreacted. . .ūü§£

Where does zeke go now that he's likely getting an 8 game suspension?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, dashoe said:

I agree.

Let's put it in a real world extreme scenario.

Nevada is a "stand your ground" state, if this guy was just an average guy vs what i will assume to be a trained security guard

1. he did not start the altercation

2. he felt his life was in danger

3. was not breaking any laws and was legally carrying a firearm

Zeke would be dead and the guy would have been found innocent

So for the it wasnt that bad or he barely touched the guy crowd it could have been a very ugly outcome and zeke should consider himself very very fortunate that the outcome was he was detained and released

All great points, but it still doesn't warrant a suspension.

Posted (edited)

Some guys get it, some simply don't.  Zeke has proven to have an ugly pattern when alcohol is involved, which i believe he clearly was under the influence of(and other substances possibly, it was the EDM Festival lol)  I know when i was in my younger 20's i sure did plenty of dumb things, got angry, over reacted; but Zeke's lack of self awareness, esp given his past, is troubling.

Im thinking the Cowboys will play this low and slow now in regards to approaching an extension talk.   The next few years will make or break his entire career.  I highly doubt he's a Dallas Cowboy by 2022.

5th year option already in place for 2020. Then i would expect a tag in 2021. We will see then how that sits with Zeke. I wouldn't expect it to sit well. But again, his behavior from now to then will be everything for all involved. 

Roger loves to play Johnny Law and shoot from the hip, so i figure a suspension possibility could be on the table.  I don't expect one, but i've given up thinking i can predict accurately what Roger Goodell will do in any circumstance. 

Edited by BlakeP42
  • Like 2

I just watched the video and honestly it wasnt that bad.  I know its technically assault or battery or something and he can get in trouble witht the law and the NFL. Also zeke is a fool and adumb a$$ who should know better but It just wasnt that big a deal. I got picked on worse in middle school. I think the cops were smart not to arrest him for something so silly and I think the security guard is a good guy for not trying to fake an injury and sue. More incidents should be handled this way. Zeke should thank that cop and that security guard every day. 

But if you think I'm wrong feel free to berate me and tell me how I'm an idiot lol. 

3 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

I just watched the video and honestly it wasnt that bad.  I know its technically assault or battery or something and he can get in trouble witht the law and the NFL. Also zeke is a fool and adumb a$$ who should know better but It just wasnt that big a deal. I got picked on worse in middle school. I think the cops were smart not to arrest him for something so silly and I think the security guard is a good guy for not trying to fake an injury and sue. More incidents should be handled this way. Zeke should thank that cop and that security guard every day. 

But if you think I'm wrong feel free to berate me and tell me how I'm an idiot lol. 

I agree, it didn't look bad but if the NFL is going to be consistent he's sitting for half the season.

Posted (edited)
51 minutes ago, Jags02 said:

All great points, but it still doesn't warrant a suspension.

if the incident was done in isolation I agree however  as it is another in a pattern of incidents  and specifically AFTER an official suspension, it is probable that Goodell takes punitive action today to impress upon zeke that there is a zero tolerance policy for his behavior.

Logically it would make sense because the NFL is making an economic investment in zeke as a face of it's brand. He is an NFL celebrity as long as he is the starting rb for the Dallas cowboys. You can't have your stars being filmed in public being aggressive with their gf/wives and bullying security guards half their size and then in handcuffs; it turns off the fanbase to an extent and sullies your overall brand.

Women see that video and see a potentially abusive bf, certain men see that video and think he is being too alpha and many see a privileged rich football player bullying a small security guy doing his job.

There is a reason why the personal conduct policy is vague and open ended and frankly if he is suspended the NFL fanbase¬†wouldnt be upset.¬† . only Dallas and zeke fansūüėā

Edited by dashoe

3 hours ago, dashoe said:

what he did was wors actually. He initiated the confrontation and then challenged the security guard and then he physically pushed him down. 

That's assault with intent, regardless o the degree of injury.

The league can interpret it anyway they choose however what amplifies this situation is he has a documented history of negative behavior that is publicly known

Oh come on. 

I hate 2019 so much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Oh come on. 

I hate 2019 so much.

Don't hate the year. . hate Zeke for being a numbskull ¬†and not maturing into a responsible man¬†ūü§£