Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Falcons would've won the Superbowl if we'd had Zeke instead of Devonta, because Zeke would've blocked Mayo instead of whiffing like Freeman and Matt Ryan wouldn't have gotten strip sacked...

Still bitter!

Anyway, lost in the "RBs are infinitely replaceable" argument is proper acknowledgment of Zeke's truly unique durability and elite pass blocking.  Those things aren't quite so replaceable, especially combined with everything else he does at an elite level

Lol Falcons would of probably won the superbowl if they didn't pass the ball once they were up 28-3.  Third worse coaching decision i can remember in a superbowl.  Behind Petey pass from the 1 yds line and the Niners throwing 4 straight times from the 5(yes I am still very bitter about that).

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Nobody is arguing they perform at the same level.  My argument is they perform at an acceptable level and other position are much more important to a team success then RB's in todays NFL.  

Acceptable is not good enough.  Not for Dallas.  Unless they win the NFC E it’s tough sledding for that wildcard. 

Just now, youngrice said:

Nobody is arguing they perform at the same level.  My argument is they perform at an acceptable level and other position are much more important to a team success then RB's in todays NFL.  

24 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Skill is always a factor and I honestly think Elliot is the best RB in the league.  But you can't ignore the fact that a guy like CJA can sign with LA and average 140 yds a game in the 3 games Gurley sat out.  

I was responding to your CJA comment.  All I'm saying is that it's possible for a backup to perform great, but it's not a given.  It's more likely that there is a drop off.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Lol Falcons would of probably won the superbowl if they didn't pass the ball once they were up 28-3.  Third worse coaching decision i can remember in a superbowl.  Behind Petey pass from the 1 yds line and the Niners throwing 4 straight times from the 5(yes I am still very bitter about that).

But you advocate leaving Zeke on the shelf with a coach like Jason Garrett? 

Philly fans must be hoping beyond hope this happens 

Edited by Impreza178

1 hour ago, youngrice said:

Guess we should forget about the 16 mil he got in his first season

It's probably gone by now.  ;)

2 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Correct (except for "would of" - that makes no literal sense - "would've" contraction of "would have" is what you're going for).

Shanny f'd us on that one.  We were averaging like 6 yards/rush, defense had dominated first half, and playcalling decides to go one-dimensional and leave the fn GOAT more and more time on the clock.  Different situation, but same playcalling mistake Martz made way back when the Pat's beat the Rams for their first Superbowl. 

The Seahawks decision was semi/almost defensible, and the 49ers reference isn't coming to mind...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I think the Falcons throwing when in field goal range and getting sacked was worse than the Seattle interception at the 1 yard line.  At least Petey was trying to fool the Pats, who were loaded up against the run.  Absolutely zero reason to pass after that amazing Julio Jones catch.  Game should have been over.  I remember thinking after that catch that I should shut the TV off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Correct (except for "would of" - that makes no literal sense - "would've" contraction of "would have" is what you're going for).

Shanny f'd us on that one.  We were averaging like 6 yards/rush, defense had dominated first half, and playcalling decides to go one-dimensional and leave the fn GOAT more and more time on the clock.  Different situation, but same playcalling mistake Martz made way back when the Pat's beat the Rams for their first Superbowl. 

The Seahawks decision was semi/almost defensible, and the 49ers reference isn't coming to mind...

Sorry didn't know the grammar police was on patrol today:)

Niner vs Balt- Gore was getting 5 yds every time he touched the ball and kap was killing balt on the RPO's.  Then they got to the 5 and called four straight pass. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Seahawks defensible? The Pats had not shown in any way they could stop Beastmode on the ground. I don't think any team in history prevents Beastmode from picking up that 1 yard on the next several attempts. No way. No how.

49ers v Ravens circa 2013 or so. First and goal, Kaep is QB, Gore is RB. 4 passes. No TD.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, bangarrang said:

Glazer thinks zeke will be there.  Not sure if it's a hunch or based on something but Glazer usually knows his stuff right? 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/08/29/glazer-thinks-ezekiel-elliott-will-be-with-the-cowboys-for-week-one/

He does.

Don't know why he's the guy they all love (seems like a strip club type of fella, so that's my guess) but he's been spot on so far as I can remember. 

Might just be because I used to watch Ballers, though

• Haha 1

This is driving me crazy at the 4th spot in my standard league, I draft Sunday and I think my plan is to still take Zeke if the other 3 are gone and reach for Pollard in the 8th or 9th round.

The league taco picks 1st and wouldn't surprise me if he picks Mohommes first so I can always hope for that.

• Haha 1

This thread ridiculous 

same ol rbs are replaceable garbage...no comment.

need some zeke insight. That. Is the only thing that makes pollard relevant...

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

where are people comfortable drafting him right now?

3rd or 4th round honestly, which won't happen. I think he's missing a good chunk of games at this point. I wouldn't even bother with it personally, but I'm obviously not the norm.

Edited by kball09

Just now, Whitecloud0101 said:

This thread ridiculous 

same ol rbs are replaceable garbage...no comment.

need some zeke insight. That. Is the only thing that makes pollard relevant...

^ I've read that three times and I have no idea what you are trying to say.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

where are people comfortable drafting him right now?

I took him at 6th. I also had to reach a bit for Pollard. If you draft Zeke you are signing up for a reach for Pollard. But for me I did it and I feel fine about it. Took Pollard in twelfth. But to be honest that news today would make me want to get him 10th or so to be sure. 

I mean I got Zeke in the first with sixth pick. But got Pollard in twelfth round. But I would probably draft Pollard in the tenth round now given the news today about Jones being comfy getting Zeke after six weeks of holdout. 

I'm not sure you can even bank on getting him in the tenth anymore, so you're playing a risky game of chicken when you draft Elliott and plan to get Pollard.

Posted (edited)

Got him in the 2nd round lol

Pollard went in the 7th not to me though

Edited by yanksman

8 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Got him in the 2nd round lol

Pollard went in the 7th not to me though

Ouch. Was that today?

1 minute ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Ouch. Was that today?

Yes just now

Just now, yanksman said:

Yes just now

Wow, that’s a tough league. Good to know. Sheesh in one day he jumped five rounds I think.