Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

At this point there’s way less risk involved in just reaching for Pollard. You grab him in the sixth and either the Zeke owner gives up serious value or you possibly wind up with a James Conner type player for the first six weeks. In a worst case scenario Zeke works this out ahead of Week 1, but that’s a slim possibility. Who wants to fuss with the Zeke side of this equation?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, vercrazy said:

Pay the man Jerry...

That is amazing. 

I'll admit, I teared up a bit...

Edited by SadFaceHappy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, eg4190 said:

At this point there’s way less risk involved in just reaching for Pollard. You grab him in the sixth and either the Zeke owner gives up serious value or you possibly wind up with a James Conner type player for the first six weeks. In a worst case scenario Zeke works this out ahead of Week 1, but that’s a slim possibility. Who wants to fuss with the Zeke side of this equation?

IMO if Zeke were not holding out, he'd be consensus 1.01 pick. I will take the risk and buy the dip of him falling to late first. You just gotta back it up with a solid RB corps, or reach for Pollard. 

But he won’t fall to me. This is a big boy league. But I am licking my chops if they let him fall to me on a wrap around as champ... last pick. If I could get him and Tyreek hilll I am styling. 

5 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

But he won’t fall to me. This is a big boy league. But I am licking my chops if they let him fall to me on a wrap around as champ... last pick. If I could get him and Tyreek hilll I am styling. 

Big boy high stakes cutthroat sharks only no kiddies allowed league? 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Wyzzil said:

Big boy high stakes cutthroat sharks only no kiddies allowed league? 

Nahh I mean league is old... twenty years old now. 🙈

if he doesn't play week 1, we better hope cowboys lose as much as possible and pollard sucks. even if i have him as a handcuff.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Lol. Zeke will hold out until week six. draft accordingly. Simple as that. 

Completely different situations entirely, but this right here just gave me 'Nam flashbacks to his 2017 suspension season. If he accepted his suspension he would've been back by Week 7 but instead tried to get it overturned and ended up missing fantasy playoffs. Why can't this dude just not play games when I own him lol

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1

I think he misses 6 games or so but it sucks because somebody has to pick him and suffer the blow.  You can’t let people with studs stash him.  

With 10th pick I didn't think I had to worry about this. Then he fell. I still passed him. Then he fell again to my 2nd rd pick and here i am worrying.

4 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

I think he misses 6 games or so but it sucks because somebody has to pick him and suffer the blow.  You can’t let people with studs stash him.  

Sure you can.

In a 12 team mock I did last night, he fell to me at the 12th pick.  I didn't know what to do.  When he goes in a free fall like that, the thought is "maybe people know something I don't know".

5 hours ago, Rickydragon said:

I mean, nobody *had* to pick Bell last year.  He put up 0 points and therefore he was less valuable than, say, Matt Breida.  Knowing what we know now, Conner would have been a top-5 pick and Bell would have been undrafted. If Zeke misses six games this year, he's not worth more than a fourth rounder. There's no reason to take Zeke because you're supposed to, because he's a top-three talent on paper.

29 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

I mean, nobody *had* to pick Bell last year.  He put up 0 points and therefore he was less valuable than, say, Matt Breida.  Knowing what we know now, Conner would have been a top-5 pick and Bell would have been undrafted. If Zeke misses six games this year, he's not worth more than a fourth rounder. There's no reason to take Zeke because you're supposed to, because he's a top-three talent on paper.

He's very much worth it if he's putting up an average of over 20ppg leading you into the playoffs.  If you're just looking at total points for the year then you're right but that's not the best way to be looking at him for a draft this year.

For me, this Zeke question hings a little on the size of the league you're in.

For example, in a 10 teamer it's pretty easy to find guys to plug in for Zeke while you wait this out.  I could see myself being more aggressive taking Zeke in those drafts.

However, I also have a 14 team draft this weekend and it's a league where only the top 4 regular season teams make the playoffs.  Traditionally, you need to go 8-5 or better to have a shot at making the top 4.  It's a lot tougher taking Zeke in that league as starting out 0-2 or 1-3 while waiting for Zeke pretty much destroys your season.  And it's a lot tougher to have a solid roster in that league and to find guys to plug in.

I just think it's probably a league by league decision here and really depends on the parameters and competition of your league mates.

For the most part though, I think I'm trying to avoid this situation everywhere.  One big thing for me is that I think even if Zeke signs, the Cowboys now would have significant investment in him.  And Pollard has shown very well in preseason.  I think those two things lead to Zeke seeing quite a few less touches than last year as the Cowboys would be wise to try and protect their RB they just invested in.  It may not be a huge reduction but losing volume would hurt.  I mean, in my league Zeke was the #5 RB last year even with all the volume he had.

I'm just not dealing with it.  I'd rather reach a bit for Pollard in the draft and screw the Elliott owner over lol.   

• Like 2

8 hours ago, street sharks said:

Completely different situations entirely, but this right here just gave me 'Nam flashbacks to his 2017 suspension season. If he accepted his suspension he would've been back by Week 7 but instead tried to get it overturned and ended up missing fantasy playoffs. Why can't this dude just not play games when I own him lol

I say week six because he gets credit for season if he comes back by then. Goes beyond and he is back on his two year left situation again. Hopefully he comes back this weekend. But if not, oh well Pollard it is. 

26 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I'm just not dealing with it.  I'd rather reach a bit for Pollard in the draft and screw the Elliott owner over lol.   

This is exactly why I am taking Pollard in the 6th if I end up with Zeke.  People like YOU!  <ha>

Drafting both Zeke in Round 1, and Pollard in Round 6 is a losing proposition.  Would you rather have 1 startable Cowboys running back, or say: Deandre Hopkins and James White?

• Like 3

I draft 4th next week.  Big 4 has become the Big 3.  Who do I take, assuming Barkley, McCaffrey, and Kamara are gone?

• Like 1