Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

They'll want that highlight of Zeke getting his money and his TD, especially at home.   Given that its the Giants, they'll get scoring chances and he'll punch one in.   That's enough for me to start him.   .  

45 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Great plan.....

if you're up 21 by halftime 

Exactly.  If they are losing to the Giants in the 2nd half, it will be all Zeke.

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

NFL Network's Jane Slater reports "the plan right now" is for Ezekiel Elliott to get 20-25 reps against the Giants Week 1.

We assume "reps" means snaps, not touches, in Slater's report, as she mentions rookie Tony Pollard will work in behind Elliott, and FB Jamize Olawale could handle some third downs as a premier pass protector. In years past when players have returned from lengthy holdouts, there are always reports of teams slowly working the player back in, but that can always go by the wayside. For now, we're still treating Elliott as an elite RB1 play in a mouthwatering Week 1 matchup. It would be easy to see him play far more than 20-25 snaps, which is less than half of a pro football game.

Now that the contract is signed, the so called journalists need a new source of clickbait. Apparently speculating about usage is going to be today's theme. While there was a month worth of tweets on this, there was only one piece of news, and that is when he signed the contract. Everything else should be ignored. I can't imagine not starting this guy in week 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KennyWoo said:

Now that the contract is signed, the so called journalists need a new source of clickbait. Apparently speculating about usage is going to be today's theme. While there was a month worth of tweets on this, there was only one piece of news, and that is when he signed the contract. Everything else should be ignored. I can't imagine not starting this guy in week 1.

The news pointed towards this all along-  if one was astute enough not to let one’s flawed opinions on rb value get in the way.  

It was always much more likely than not he was signed by week 1.   And for good reason.  Zeke is the cowboys identity on offense.   

You’re right on that there’s no way you can sit  Zeke.    Ever.    Too cute. 

• Like 1

[Posts removed.  This thread is about Zeke, not your opinion of other RW forums members.]

I have my final draft tonight and praying zeke falls to me at the 3 pick. He is far more likely to have 25 touches than only 25 snaps week one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cincythunder said:

Anybody who went through all of the drama and only to hesistate start him is dumbass.

Agree lol.

Yeah, I'm sure he doesn't play his normal snaps.  But so what?  He could still basically have the type of usage Alvin Kamara gets every game.....10-15 carries, few receptions, maybe a TD.  I'm good with that.

Frankly, Zeke is probably fresh as fresh can be.  He's hardly ever played in preseason to begin with and he was at all off season work.  Maybe conditioning is an issue...But maybe all the rest has him feeling as good as he's ever felt at this point after not having to go through training camp rigors.  Hopefully he really has been working out in Mexico and his legs are ready to go.

Plenty of guys have played very little or not at all this preseason...doesn't bother me at all.  He's there in time to practice for the money practices this week.  If he had a strained hamstring and had been sitting out all preseason and missing practice but returned to practice today, we'd be playing him.  He's returning to practice today but is completely healthy.  Seems like a great scenario to me.

And don't think for a second that Zeke isn't aware of the young stud on the Giants sideline in Barkley.  Zeke isn't going to want to step on the field with that big, new contract hearing all the stories about how he's the highest paid RB....And then watch Barkley go out and be the best RB on the field.

• Like 1

Right, as long as he's in shape, the playbook hasn't changed.     He gets in two full practices to shake off whatever rust, and he's fine for Sunday.   I'd be surprised to see a peak Zeke game, so its a bit of a negative that he'll probably leave points on the table in a great matchup, but whatever.   Anyone drafting him can't complain about the outcome here.   Almost all of us got him cheaper than he would've been.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

2,000 yd season from Zeke this year.

Book it.

Total yards? Yea, that is pretty much expected barring injury or suspension. He basically did that in his 1st and 3rd year in only 15 games. 2000 yards on the ground? I think he is capable but I expect Dallas to dial back his touches a tad especially earlier in the year. He wore down a bit at the end of last year. They expect a playoff run and need him to be healthy and relatively fresh to make any real noise.

1 minute ago, Pooskay said:

2,000 yd season from Zeke this year.

Book it.

I think there will be major positive regression in TD's this year as well. I'd say 15-20 could be in the works.

• Like 1

Just now, Freeballin&Sprawlin said:

Total yards? Yea, that is pretty much expected barring injury or suspension. He basically did that in his 1st and 3rd year in only 15 games. 2000 yards on the ground? I think he is capable but I expect Dallas to dial back his touches a tad especially earlier in the year. He wore down a bit at the end of last year. They expect a playoff run and need him to be healthy and relatively fresh to make any real noise.

No, 2,000 rushing yards.

13 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Wow. What the heck 

Yep. He actually fell to 1.12. It was a live draft though. I think people were afraid of being heckled or something. 

I also landed him for $55 in an auction with a $225 budget. Barkley, McCaff, & Kamara went for $72-$74. Just stupid value.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

No, 2,000 rushing yards.

Might as well double down and say he'll break the single season record while you're at it

The offensive line is back to full strength. Giants defense should be pretty bad against the run this year. I’ll guess 12-15 carries for around 65 yards and a TD. Toss in 3 or 4 catches for who knows how many yards. Should be a solid RB2 for week 1 even if he really is on a snap count.

I got Adams in 1st at number 6 and Zeke in second in a ten team work league so basically 2 1st round picks...i think Zeke will play close to full reps...all this limiting him news is just a smokescreen for the Giants

• Like 1

[Cool Stories removed.  "I didn't draft this guy because I hate the team" has nothing to do with Zeke's outlook.]

• Like 1

Man, it looks like he was eating a few too many Burrito's in Cabo.  

(Wait for it) 😀

• Haha 4

20-25 snaps is asinine. He’s gonna play a lot more than that 

Edited by Bluecore

20 minutes ago, Bluecore said:

20-25 snaps is asinine. He’s gonna play a lot more than that 

Maybe or maybe not. I honestly have no idea, but if you drafted Zeke I believe he should be in your lineup 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Like 2