Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

Man, it looks like he was eating a few too many Burrito's in Cabo.  

(Wait for it) 😀

Funny...now let’s gets serious. So zeke did not practice today?

9 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He did - or at least he walked out onto the field with full pads and a visor on 

9 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

He's literally in the clip

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Lol ever since he signed, we all moved on to the AB and David Montgomery drama.

Prediction: 21 carries 121 yards 1-2 TD

So is it 20-25 SNAPS, or "significant workload"?  I think if you have Zeke, you must play him.  But if there was a week to deploy Pollard as a flex, this might be your one and only chance.

Edited by CooL

On 9/4/2019 at 3:29 PM, kball09 said:

He's literally in the clip

LOL.  A clip you literally didn't watch in its entirety...

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

So is it 20-25 SNAPS, or "significant workload"?  I think if you have Zeke, you must play him.  But if there was a week to deploy Pollard as a flex, this might be your one and only chance.

Lol Zeke will get his normal monster workload and Pollard is completely unplayable. 

• Like 1

Just now, miasma16 said:

Lol Zeke will get his normal monster workload and Pollard is completely unplayable. 

Yeah, I just can't see them sitting Zeke.  He is reportedly in good shape, and he's not some rookie that needs to learn the playbook.

Pollard is now a mere handcuff.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, Ezekiel Elliott is expected to see a "significant workload" against the Giants in Week 1.

Early word out of Dallas was that Elliott would be limited to somewhere between 20-25 snaps coming off his summer-long holdout, but the Cowboys seem to be rethinking that as the fourth-year back is reportedly in "great shape" and made "an immediate positive impression" in his return to practice this week. Hall of Fame running back Marshall Faulk, who oversaw Zeke's workouts in Cabo, believes the two-time rushing champ is prepared for his "normal" workload, a sentiment shared by ESPN's Jordan Raanan, who reported that we will see "a lot" of Elliott in Week 1. Rookie Tony Pollard could see some change-of-pace work, but fantasy owners should be bracing for a heavy dose of Zeke in Sunday's opener

Only place to deploy Pollard is to your WW. Zekes here and ready to lead us to titles! 

Talking heads keep putting out conflicting reports; all noise. If you drafted him you’re starting him and that’s all you need to know. 

Updating an earlier report, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport expects Ezekiel Elliott to log 20-25 snaps against the Giants in Week 1.

This conflicts with previous reports from Jason La Canfora and Jordan Raanan, who both suggested Zeke would see closer to his usual workload on Sunday. It would make sense for the Cowboys to ease Elliott in coming off a five-week stint in Cabo, but apparently he hasn't missed a beat in practice this week and appears to be in excellent shape after spending the summer training with Hall of Famer Marshall Faulk. The Cowboys don't want to risk a soft-tissue injury with their prized workhorse, but if the game is close, it's hard to envision Elliott taking a backseat to Tony Pollard in crunch time. Even with conflicting reports on his usage, Elliott still belongs in all fantasy lineups as a locked-and-loaded RB1.

Ez 20 points i dont care play him! 

Only concern is chance of injury. If you drafted him, don’t see how you can’t play him.

Gotta start him.    None of these reports matter- it will all be down to score.    Elevated risk of getting sat if they’re up big. 

More clickbait on his snap count etc. I'd ignore it and just fire him up. I'm almost positive the team will make sure he gets a TD after all the drama.  That alone will make him a start.

There was more clickbait referenced in this thread about Pollard also having a role.  As I've been saying for a month, I expect that to be the case, in sort of a joker/gadget/Cohen-esque role.  

Just got word of this, rough start to 2019.

"Elliott totaled 63 yards on 11 touches in Week 1 but only played 54 percent of Dallas' offensive snaps. The league's highest-paid back claims he's ready for his "normal workload", but Garrett said the team will 'still' be mindful of Elliott's reps, essentially hinting at another 60/40 split with rookie Tony Pollard (13/24) being involved off the bench. With the Cowboys being listed as 5-point road favorites, it's certainly plausible Elliott's featured in the first half only to give way to Pollard down the stretch. Zeke remains a fringe top-10 option as long as he's splitting carries."

Sep 11, 2019, 4:49 PM ET

Yea, if he splits carries for the next few weeks then we didn't really get the bargain we thought we did

IF

Edited by FritzLn

Big concerns?🤔

• Haha 1

Ezekiel Elliott rushed 19 times for 125 yards and a touchdown in the Cowboys' Week 3 win over the Dolphins, adding two receptions for 14 additional yards.

Elliott was averaging a crisp 6.6 yards per clip, but fantasy players will fixate on the zero touchdowns against the league's worst team. Elliott missed out on the opportunity for more yardage when the OC Kellen Moore understandably turned to Tony Pollard to close out the final drive. Eating through the junior varsity portion of the schedule, Elliott is well primed to go off when the Cowboys visit the Saints for Week 4.

High quality stuff.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjb said:

Big concerns?🤔

Yes. I’m not feeling this new offense, just like I’m not feeling the new Packers offense that has Adams looking like an average WR. 125 yards rushing is good but when you don’t score, it’s not great. Zeke only had 6 rushing TDs last year, which is very low for all his touches. Even more concerning is what Pollard did on only 13 carries, over 100 yards and a TD that should have been Zeke’s. Not good. 

• Thanks 1