Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

56 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

I’m glad I was really wrong on Pollard being more involved, but Zekes lack of production is a real problem. He’s a top 3 pick who’s WAY under-producing. Both Ekeler and McCoy scored more points for me today. Hell, Darrel Williams, the Chiefs 3rd string back, outscored Zeke with half the touches. It’s not like the Saints have some kind of great defense, they are rather average. This is really bad. I don’t like this new offense at all. 

Guys like Ekeler and McCoy pop up every season. You can't compare your first round pick (or really any pick) to the most scorching players. The important thing about 1st round players is that while they might not win your matchup, they aren't losing it. While he hasn't had the upside games like Kamara or McCaffrey, he also hasn't had a game under 10 points, like they both have. He's been consistent. That's important. The boom games will inevitably come

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

It’s not like the Saints have some kind of great defense, they are rather average.

5th lowest points allowed to RBs so far this season.

In the last 3 games they've held Todd Gurley to 63 yards on 16 attempts, Chris Carson to 52 yards on 15 attempts, and Ezekiel Elliot to 35 yards on 18 attempts.

It might be time to update your Rolodex.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

5th lowest points allowed to RBs so far this season.

In the last 3 games they've held Todd Gurley to 63 yards on 16 attempts, Chris Carson to 52 yards on 15 attempts, and Ezekiel Elliot to 35 yards on 18 attempts.

It might be time to update your Rolodex.

They are the 14th ranked rush defense, thats average. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dexter75 said:

They are the 14th ranked rush defense, thats average. 

Let me repeat it kid.

Todd Gurley

Chris Carson

Ezekiel Elliot

You give me a list of 3 backs more impressive those other 13 teams have played, and we'll talk.

Context matters.

21 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Let me repeat it kid.

Todd Gurley

Chris Carson

Ezekiel Elliot

You give me a list of 3 backs more impressive those other 13 teams have played, and we'll talk.

Context matters.

Ok. How about the top ranked Buccs? 

CMC 16 for 37 (2.3 YPC)

Barkley 8 for 10 (1.2 YPC)

Gurley 5 for 16 (2.3 YPC) 

CMC/Barkley>Carson (lol) Zeke

Saints are giving up 112 rushing yards per game, 20th in the league, Below average actually. Buccs giving up 59 a game against better backs. 

Next.

Edited by Dexter75
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Ok. How about the top ranked Buccs? 

CMC 16 for 37 (2.3 YPC)

Barkley 8 for 10 (1.2 YPC)

Gurley 5 for 16 (2.3 YPC) 

CMC/Barkley>Carson (lol) Zeke

Next.

Congrats.  That's 1.

One team has faced as tough RBs and out performed the Saints in Run D, and that qualifies as "average" to you. :rolleyes:

Welcome to the ignore list.  Tell Psygolf and AxeElf I said hi.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

Let me repeat it kid.

Todd Gurley

Chris Carson

Ezekiel Elliot

Context matters.

To be fair here, they did give up 50 yards and 2 tds to Malcom brown in the rams game, and Carson was pulled early because of the fumbling. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

So being concerned for our first round pick being RB13 behind JAGs like Lindsay, Mack, Henry and Aaron Jones is "trolling"?  Im sorry I hurt your feelings. 

If you've been playing FF long enough, you shouldn't really worry. Zeke is on the low end of the RB1 spectrum right now. One boom game and he vaults himself right where he belongs in the rankings. All other players you listed had some sort of boom game already, while we've seen Zeke basically at his floor, which is still RB1 territory. Don't forget Zeke held out and didn't get his usual volume right away as the Cowboys cruised to 3 cupcake wins. @NO is a tough place, good run D and they dared the Cowboys to pass. Zeke still punched in a TD and got some receptions. He didn't lose the week for you. They still have the best run blocking OL in the NFL and usually crank up as the season goes on.

Bottom line, Zeke is the last player I'd worry about. Especially if you drafted him in the mid or late 1st, he is a helluva steal!

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, street sharks said:

Guys like Ekeler and McCoy pop up every season. You can't compare your first round pick (or really any pick) to the most scorching players. The important thing about 1st round players is that while they might not win your matchup, they aren't losing it. While he hasn't had the upside games like Kamara or McCaffrey, he also hasn't had a game under 10 points, like they both have. He's been consistent. That's important. The boom games will inevitably come

Agreed...you get a high floor while you lose every week to Wayne Gallman ( who scored more than zeke his jest time starting this year.

zeke is jag now getting volume...he will never top over 20 points this year because he got paid. There is zero incentive for zeke to even try at this point

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Through four weeks, Elliott is on pace for 219 carries, 1,161 total yards, and six touchdowns.

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Agreed...you get a high floor while you lose every week to Wayne Gallman ( who scored more than zeke his jest time starting this year.

zeke is jag now getting volume...he will never top over 20 points this year because he got paid. There is zero incentive for zeke to even try at this point

I get the frustration....Have Zeke in two leagues.  I actually agree that he often doesn't seem to have those big, huge games.  I think what really holds him back just a little is the TD's.  He's kinda like the Julio Jones of RB's.  I mean, he's a guy that should be scoring 20 TD's.  It's kinda rare for Zeke to toss up 2 or 3 TD games.  And it's also rare for him to bust big scoring plays like Chubb did yesterday for example.  That keeps him back from having those huge games.

On the flip side though, he's pretty darn consistent and is basically a lock for 15-20 points almost every week.  That's pretty valuable.

It is frustrating seeing guys like Ekeler and Gallman balling out but hopefully a big game will come for Zeke.  It was nice last night at least seeing the Cowboys stick with him when they got down by the goalline.  They don't do enough of that.  Seems like they usually run Zeke once then just use fakes to him to score.  I miss the old Emmitt Smith days where they would always just pound it in with him.

• Like 1

Tyron Smith has a high ankle sprain...I still wouldn't worry that much about Zeke in season long. 

37 minutes ago, yanksman said:

I know that's not your stat but apparently math is had for people at Rotoworld.

Zeke is on pace for 293 carries with 1,548 total yards and 12 TDs through 4 games.

He's off to a typically "slow" start. He'll be fine.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, munde53 said:

I know that's not your stat but apparently math is had for people at Rotoworld.

Zeke is on pace for 293 carries with 1,548 total yards and 12 TDs through 4 games.

He's off to a typically "slow" start. He'll be fine.

haha wow. I thought it was low.

8 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Tyron Smith has a high ankle sprain...I still wouldn't worry that much about Zeke in season long. 

FWIW, In 2017 without the LT, Dallas was dreadful scoring single digits in 4 straight. Ugh🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

After what SnowBeast and Sanders did to the Packers, this should be one of his best weeks coming up.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, K197040 said:

After what SnowBeast and Sanders did to the Packers, this should be one of his best weeks coming up.

SnowBeast, LOL!

17 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

but Zekes lack of production is a real problem. He’s a top 3 pick who’s WAY under-producing.

Through the first three weeks in the 2019 season, Zeke actually started off with the most rushing yards he's ever had in his career to that point in a season. He also chipped in a pair of TDs in those 3 games, then added another one last night.  I'd say given that he had 6 total rushing TD's all of last year, he's doing just fine.  Last night was a dud, but credit the Saints for pushing around Dallas up front all night.  That is a group you want to attack on the perimeter given their current structure, yet,  JG/Kellon beat their head against an all to familiar and hated wall of rushing inside all night.  I think JG ripped up half of Kellon's playbook last night, IDK.   Hopefully heads get removed from butts week 5 for an improved offensive approach, but better days are ahead for Zeke, IMO.  Hang in there.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BlakeP42 said:

Through the first three weeks in the 2019 season, Zeke actually started off with the most rushing yards he's ever had in his career to that point in a season. He also chipped in a pair of TDs in those 3 games, then added another one last night.  I'd say given that he had 6 total rushing TD's all of last year, he's doing just fine.  Last night was a dud, but credit the Saints for pushing around Dallas up front all night.  That is a group you want to attack on the perimeter given their current structure, yet,  JG/Kellon beat their head against an all to familiar and hated wall of rushing inside all night.  I think JG ripped up half of Kellon's playbook last night, IDK.   Hopefully heads get removed from butts week 5 for an improved offensive approach, but better days are ahead for Zeke, IMO.  Hang in there.

I wish I could share your optimism about the better days being ahead for Zeke. Those first 4 games were weak defenses, he should have feasted but was quite average. I dont know why some think the Saints rush defense is so good, they are ranked 20th and giving up 112 yards a game, thats not good at all. Looking ahead, I see the Eagles, Jets, Bills, Patriots, Bears...all top 10 rushing defenses. Im still looking to sell but no one is budging, couldn't even do a straight trade for Dalvin Cook. Oh well, hoping for the best. 

14 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I wish I could share your optimism about the better days being ahead for Zeke. Those first 4 games were weak defenses, he should have feasted but was quite average. I dont know why some think the Saints rush defense is so good, they are ranked 20th and giving up 112 yards a game, thats not good at all. Looking ahead, I see the Eagles, Jets, Bills, Patriots, Bears...all top 10 rushing defenses. Im still looking to sell but no one is budging, couldn't even do a straight trade for Dalvin Cook. Oh well, hoping for the best. 

Its a hard sell when trying to trade for the RB1(Cook)coming into last week, so thats an uphill climb i figure.

As for the Saints, they haven't allowed a 100 yard rusher in 25 games or so to this point, so they are a good run defense overall and they showed that Sunday night. I look at the personnel up front and its very good. They were gashed a bit week 1 to start the year, but the grip has tightened weekly since. Under Sean Peyton, the Saints typically run the ball well and stop the run well. They have been bleeding yards through the air before SNF and i think thats hurt them across the board to start the season.  They looked more focused and ready Sunday night. That defense is a big reason coming into this season that many have them as a SB contender/favorite, including myself. They shut down Seattle the week before as well, FWIW.   

I think overall you're overreacting a bit here.  Missing all of camp is never good so the week 1 slow start was expected by me with Zeke.  Mostly bc i assumed he wouldn't get a full workload.  Zeke then went on to rattle off 100+ yards in the next two at a decent clip. Overall i think he's going to continue to see high volume and the points will follow. I think if i do have a concern its his passing use. But we did see an uptick in that area Sunday night with 7 targets. I started to wonder if the Kellon offense was going to start to limit the targets for Zeke, but i don't believe that will be the case as they get into playing close competitive games ahead. 

I do agree that the schedule for Dallas isn't easy, but you have to take it day by day, week by week and evaluate the personnel ahead.  Teams like the Patriots and their defense look pretty dang good vs the Mutts of the league so far.  Yet, good Ol' Frank Gore had room to run Sunday.(17/109/ 6.4avg)   So don't go diving off the deep end yet and don't sell cheap if you do.  Regrets will be had. 

Best of luck.

• Thanks 1

Doctor needed... Jets next🙏

You'd almost think he was still in a contract dispute. While it's obviously absurd to even consider, it seems as though DAL is trying to prove how worthless Zeke is AFTER giving him the money.

He's the 3rd or 4th option on the team at present.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

They should have just moved on with Pollard. Never drafting a camp holdout again in my life. Shoulda learned my lesson with Bell last year. 

Edited by FritzLn
  • Like 1