Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

14 hours ago, street sharks said:

He has one game where he scored 13 points. Everything else has been 15+. The blow up games are coming.

If you think Zeke is the reason you're losing your games, then the rest of your team probably sucks. And I know this first hand because the rest of my team is, in fact, terrible.

The thing with Zeke is that he doesn't really have those blow up games.  He rarely breaks big plays and rarely seems to have multiple TD games.  Tough to have really big games when those things don't happen.

To me it all comes back to coaching.  I mean, I don't know how many times the past couple years I see the Cowboys have a first and goal inside the 5 and they should just pound it in and they don't.  They hand it to Zeke on first down, he'll run to the 2....Then they'll do something stupid and throw again on third down.  It happens time and time again.

And the lack of big plays is concerning.  I watch guys like Saquon, CMC, Chubb, etc....ripping off big plays.  They rarely happen for Zeke.

All that said though, he's still very consistent and seems to always have 10-20 points per week.  So there is value in that.  But he doesn't throw up these 35-40 point games....it just doesn't happen for whatever reason.

It's silly though that Zeke averages 7 yards a carry yesterday and can;t get the ball more.  What's a little concerning to me also is he's not catching many passes....That's the thing that really elevates CMC.

He's in no way a bust....very consistent source of points and an every week starter for sure.  But he isn't blowing up and helping people really win weeks by himself like CMC is.  And I don't see that happening the way the Cowboys are playing.  They have a few more weapons than the Panthers.  I'd like to see a couple 2 TD games or something though.

It's tough to compare him with CMC when CMC is playing with the better quarterback 

• Haha 1

I think the problem with zeke is that he is too slow. He can catch although he cannot make linebackers miss in open space. Or Dak hates him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

I think the problem with zeke is that he is too slow. He can catch although he cannot make linebackers miss in open space. Or Dak hates him

Love ya Doc, but it's not about Zeke.

It's about the game plan and failure to feed the man a full workload. Especially yesterday, just terrible usage against a team that can't stop the run. 

Imagine a telemarketer (I know, booo), who gets criticized for not selling 10 new customers a week only to realize the boss only gave him 9 phone numbers to call in a week!

• Haha 1

Zeke's numbers will continue to climb as the season goes so I wouldn't be overly concerned as an owner. And he never gets hurt. Been a little disappointing thus far but CMC has put up video game numbers. Not realistic to expect that, from anyone. 

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Zeke's numbers will continue to climb as the season goes so I wouldn't be overly concerned as an owner. And he never gets hurt. Been a little disappointing thus far but CMC has put up video game numbers. Not realistic to expect that, from anyone. 

This is what I am hoping, as long as he comes through big in the fantasy playoffs I will be happy.  

I just traded Kerryon Johnson and Lindsay for Zeke hoping his rest of season will be better. He’s been good but not great. Hopefully he shows his greatness going forward, starting with the Jets. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, y2jbones said:

I just traded Kerryon Johnson and Lindsay for Zeke hoping his rest of season will be better. He’s been good but not great. Hopefully he shows his greatness going forward, starting with the Jets. 

He will. I've thought about trying to buy low but I think most owners know better. We're not dealing with a Conner/Mixon situation. Team's good, offense looks even better. He's gonna feast, and my guess is it starts this week. 

2 hours ago, y2jbones said:

His schedule gets worse and cowboys want to pass every down per jerry

• Like 2

I'd argue as the season goes on, weather gets worse, games get tighter and more important, the Cowboys will unleash vintage Zeke. Recent losses where they maybe got a little cute with his usage are usually a positive sign to get him back rolling. It's just an additional 3 or 4 carries per game from his current share and he should be able to wear down defenses again.

14 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

His schedule gets worse and cowboys want to pass every down per jerry

This.. O line banged up too..

🙏

On 10/10/2019 at 8:42 AM, y2jbones said:

You do realize the Jets are the 7th ranked rush defense right? In fact, 6 of the next 7 games for Zeke are against top 10 rush defenses and his playoff schedule isn't great. I would have held Johnson and Lindsay. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

You do realize the Jets are the 7th ranked rush defense right? In fact, 6 of the next 7 games for Zeke are against top 10 rush defenses and his playoff schedule isn't great. I would have held Johnson and Lindsay. 

The Jets aren’t good against the run, it’s just that they’re terrible against the pass. Elliott has great TD upside this week and most weeks. The trade could go either way. What’s funny is that a manager griped about the trade saying the Elliott owner should have fielded more offers and probably could have done a lot better. 

3 hours ago, Dexter75 said:

I've always been of the belief that whoever gets the best player in the deal wins it 90% of the time. Zeke (and the offense) is too good for things to not pick up. We're not talking about a rookie here, there's a large sample size and it's phenomenal. 

• Thanks 2

Both offensive tackles ruled “out.” 💀

37 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

16 carries 53 yards

2 catches 9 yards

dak: 2 rushing tds

💀

1 hour ago, OmegaRed88 said:

Another underwhelming performance on tap.  STRAP YOURSELVES IN BOYS!

7th ranked rush defense...I brought this up earlier this week. 5 of the next 6 games are against top 10 rush defenses. I already traded Zeke two weeks ago in my main keeper league and been trying to move him in my other but no one is biting. 

Edited by Dexter75

33 touches, 152 total yards, 5 catches, 1 touchdown. Can y'all stop crying yet?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

But CMC had 2 touchdowns today!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

no. I want 252 total yards, 10 catches, and 2 touchdowns