Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Fire Garrett 🤢💩..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

33 touches, 152 total yards, 5 catches, 1 touchdown. Can y'all stop crying yet?

Did you watch the game 🤮

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjb said:

Did you watch the game 🤮

Yep, he had 33 touches and became even more involved as the game went along. 

Elite player putting up elite stats despite being the only weapon on offense, hobbled line, and trailing the entire game.

Again, it amazes me how people in here seem to complain about Zeke only because they are just negative people and not because of his production.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

straight workhorse ..I was exhausted just watching that ish. It felt like as soon as Cooper went out they really leaned on him like in years past. I like the touches but hope AC is ok,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be very fun to see the numbers this guy could put up if he had an actual quarterback. Prescott is a deadly combination of touchdown vulture and Edward Scissorhands as a passer which leads to a lot of loaded boxes.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, mjb said:

Did you watch the game 🤮

 

I watched every snap. He ran well. He caught and ran after the catch well besides for the 1 bad drop. He bullied his way into the endzone on his td. Pollard got no run, even on passing downs. His usage was great. The o line did did okay against a solid Jets run d while missing both their left tackle and right tackle, both who are quite good, especially their LT Tyron Smith. He scored again. Their offense hasn't looked great the past 2 weeks and they are still manufacturing yards and touchdowns.

 

So what's the issue?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, munde53 said:

Yep, he had 33 touches and became even more involved as the game went along. 

Elite player putting up elite stats despite being the only weapon on offense, hobbled line, and trailing the entire game.

Again, it amazes me how people in here seem to complain about Zeke only because they are just negative people and not because of his production.

 

It was the same thing in the Nick Chubb thread in week 3 when he went 98 rushing + 35 receiving. I swear it's like each week people sort by "Highest Points Scored" for the week and if their guy wasn't #1 that week they complain. 

 

Yes, the Cowboys are in disarray and this was a bad loss and they looked bad, but if you lost your matchup this week it was not due to Zeke's performance.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, furbz420 said:

 

I watched every snap. He ran well. He caught and ran after the catch well besides for the 1 bad drop. He bullied his way into the endzone on his td. Pollard got no run, even on passing downs. His usage was great. The o line did did okay against a solid Jets run d while missing both their left tackle and right tackle, both who are quite good, especially their LT Tyron Smith. He scored again. Their offense hasn't looked great the past 2 weeks and they are still manufacturing yards and touchdowns.

 

So what's the issue?

 

Agree.

Zeke did what Zeke does.

My problem is just that his usage feels so unimaginative most of the time.  I mean, how many of those runs where just dives right up the middle?  And most of those seemed to be the runs he got buried on.  Whenever they had some motion or ran outside, he seemed to fare much better. 

And that Prescott TD run....while successful....was a horrible play call IMO.  Zeke was the lead blocker on that play LOL.  Just pound the rock with Zeke but not right up the middle every play lol.  

Lastly, what really irritates me most with the Cowboys offense is all those empty backfield sets.  I think the Cowboys need to be passing off some sort of play action fake almost every time they pass the ball.  Those empty backfields just take away the Cowboys biggest weapon and turn Prescott into a pure passer which isn't his strength.

Elliott's usage volume was great but I question the quality/design of some of those touches.  

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, vercrazy said:

I swear it's like each week people sort by "Highest Points Scored" for the week and if their guy wasn't #1 that week they complain. 

If they lose, I absolutely think this is how many people manage their teams.

Sometimes if they win.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sucks when i used to watch other owners enjoy zeke and now i own him and he's like a glorified DJ from last year. production been there but something about watching cowboys games don't give me that electrifying feeling of watching zeke burst for long gains or long dump off screens or sweeps. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The entire offense is turning into a dumpster fire. The days of elite O line is gone, as age and injuries have taken over. What a mess.💀

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mjb said:

The entire offense is turning into a dumpster fire. The days of elite O line is gone, as age and injuries have taken over. What a mess.💀

 

 

image.thumb.png.be66a98f130c696b8a09fa74628e745d.png

Image result for side eye meme

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The consistency with Zeke is nice, but the injuries are really taking their toll on this offense - especially up front.

If they get curb-stomped by Philly in their own house this week, then the sirens will be blaring. I'm sure Jason Garrett will have some uppity comment about having the right hose for burning buildings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well played, Ewok king!

 

I'm fairly certain Zeke leads all skill-position players in TD assists. 

He had another 2 tonight - the play action where literally the entire defense followed him, leaving some dude named Jarwin wide open by acres, then the play where #27 on the Eagles decided to shove Zeke out of bounds and let Dak trot into the endzone right behind his back.  A week or two ago, there was the Dak run up the middle where Zeke plastered a guy on the goal line to clear the way. 

I'm sure there are more, but those 3 come to mind.

If only those counted as fantasy points...

But hey, he got over 100 yards, a few catches, and at least he had the one TD.

Good stuff

Edited by SadFaceHappy
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at his fantasy stats he is the most consistent, well-oiled RB1 machine in the world. Down the stretch I have no doubt that some multiple TD games will be sprinkled in. HODL and don't jump ship lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Up to RB3 in standard.

Funny how all the people who were saying they would rather have Ekeler, Henry, etc are suddenly missing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happened to elite EE? Watching cook play reminds me of when EE was so much better... maybe EE owners should trade him for mark walton.

Edited by Steve56

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

🗑

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Steve56 said:

What happened to elite EE? Watching cook play reminds me of when EE was so much better... maybe EE owners should trade him for mark walton.

New OC and Cooper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn’t catch passes and their line sucks...no longer a 1st round pick

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HTXMade said:

New OC and Cooper

He still gets plenty of carriers. Cooper should help. Guy got paid a couple nose rings and stopped given a crap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dr. Whom said:

He doesn’t catch passes and their line sucks...no longer a 1st round pick

High end RB2

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Steve56 said:

He still gets plenty of carriers. Cooper should help. Guy got paid a couple nose rings and stopped given a crap.

This...Dallas ruined their team by paying  zeke. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, munde53 said:

Up to RB3 in standard.

Funny how all the people who were saying they would rather have Ekeler, Henry, etc are suddenly missing. 

we're back. he's a bum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will be a favorite gif/meme for years to come......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.