Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Seems like The Vikings game planned for Zeke and wanted Dak to beat them 

The Blueprint for beating Dallas..

very un-creative play calling for Zeke, he needs to cut his hair and take the nose ring out too, I believe that will help. 

• Haha 1

Remember when Zeke was a factor in the passing game? That was a fun time.

I  was envious seeing Cook get all those dump offs and having space to run.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Impreza178 said:

Look...it was a tough night for Zeke.   Zimmer practically invented the double A gap run blitz.  Which is why all the Dallas Wrs and Dak went nuts last night.   It happens against elite defensive fronts.  You put 8 and 9 in the box, and blitz the gaps then any rb will have a tough day.   Worked out for Minny- but it wasn’t easy.   You’re playing with fire now that Gallup and Cobb are demonstrated weapons alongside Amari.   

Barkley and Kamara are great keeper options-  just not their season.  Adams is back BABY!!!   He looked great.  TDs will come.   

You’re gonna be fine, Yanks

Agree...First round bust?  Yeah, Zeke had a down game and hasn't had those "huge" games....But he's put up consistent points most every week and was RB6 in my league coming into this game.  I kinda doubt Zeke is the reason his owner's fantasy teams are struggling.  [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Haha 1

These are his finishes as a RB every week:

15th

6th

14th

16th

14th

6th

4th

21st

22nd

YIKES, Only 3 weeks did he finish as an RB1. You can talk about consistency all you want but as a 1st round pick he has only helped your team win 3 games all year. That's NOT GOOD.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

no one could have ran against minny last night if you watched the game.. Every time he was handed off the ball the D line had already pushed through or crushed the holes. No idea why they didnt dial up some passes to him, frustrating to watch. Cowbows last two drives making it down to redzone via passes.. then they try running 2-3 plays in a row an settle for a FG. FFS keep throwing the ball if its working you cowbums

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

no one could have ran against minny last night if you watched the game.. Every time he was handed off the ball the D line had already pushed through or crushed the holes. No idea why they didnt dial up some passes to him, frustrating to watch. Cowbows last two drives making it down to redzone via passes.. then they try running 2-3 plays in a row an settle for a FG. FFS keep throwing the ball if its working you cowbums

Completely agree. I think they got too concerned with giving the ball back to the Vikings with ample time left on the clock. So concerned they ruined any rhythm they had. 

1 hour ago, yanksman said:

15th

6th

14th

16th

14th

6th

4th

21st

22nd

YIKES, Only 3 weeks did he finish as an RB1. You can talk about consistency all you want but as a 1st round pick he has only helped your team win 3 games all year. That's NOT GOOD.

Damn, those are facts. No sure why people argue otherwise. This tells the season in a nutshell.

Another thing that's hurting Zeke is that compared to previous seasons, there doesn't seem to be as many goal line opportunities.    With Cooper, Gallup,and Cobb, they've been able to score on chunk plays.   At least that's what it seems like.  Would be interesting to see the stats on that.

• Like 1

That last play throw on an out route to Zeke was pretty surprising. It looked like the top options were covered and Dak was forced to make a lower percentage play. DB made a great defensive play. The offense is a lot more balanced so Zeke's ceiling is capped. Previously, he was the focal point in the red zone but now they are throwing it to Cobb, Cooper and Gallup from 10+ yards out. Plus, Dak has vultured at least 2-3 of the GL tds. He's a RB1 option still but has been unlucky with the td regression.

You watch Cook and you watch Zeke last night and it was like watching a Ferreri drag race a Geo metro.  Cook is explosive through hole and shedding guys.  Zeke would hold ball for about 2 seconds before flopping to the turf.  Looked like Shaun Alexander in Seattle after he got paid last night.  If Zeke is worth 90 million then Cook’s agent probably thinking 180 sounds good right about now.  Sad that Dallas caved in and paid him that amount.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

You watch Cook and you watch Zeke last night and it was like watching a Ferreri drag race a Geo metro.  Cook is explosive through hole and shedding guys.  Zeke would hold ball for about 2 seconds before flopping to the turf.  Looked like Shaun Alexander in Seattle after he got paid last night.  If Zeke is worth 90 million then Cook’s agent probably thinking 180 sounds good right about now.  Sad that Dallas caved in and paid him that amount.  

Even Mattison looks more explosive and powerful than Zeke. 

20 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Another thing that's hurting Zeke is that compared to previous seasons, there doesn't seem to be as many goal line opportunities.    With Cooper, Gallup,and Cobb, they've been able to score on chunk plays.   At least that's what it seems like.  Would be interesting to see the stats on that.

This is not true at all. Last year he had 6 rushing TDs all year. This year he has 6 rushing TDs already. I think most of them are of the goal line variety.

The move was to sell high on him a few weeks ago for Aaron Jones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, yanksman said:

This is not true at all. Last year he had 6 rushing TDs all year. This year he has 6 rushing TDs already. I think most of them are of the goal line variety.

Was talking specifically about the Cowboys goalline opportunities.  I may be wrong but my guess is that they don't have as many as previous years. 

I guess even more specifically, post Cooper trade.

Edited by K197040

21 minutes ago, yanksman said:

The move was to sell high on him a few weeks ago for Aaron Jones.

The real move was to reach for Cook in the first round.   If CMC wasn't available.

Overrated and overpaid...easy do not draft in the first four rounds

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, yanksman said:

15th

6th

14th

16th

14th

6th

4th

21st

22nd

3 weeks as an RB1, 6 weeks as an RB2 and never worse than an RB2 is actually the kind of boring, solid, safe high floor first round pick that kind of works. I mean yeah CMC would be much better and more exciting but compared to DJ, Conner, Hopkins, Davante Adams, OBJ, Leveon Bell who were players going around Elliott for those who drafted him when holdout concerns dropped him to mid to late 1st round its still a good pickup relatively speaking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TuesdaymorningQB said:

3 weeks as an RB1, 6 weeks as an RB2 and never worse than an RB2 is actually the kind of boring, solid, safe high floor first round pick that kind of works. I mean yeah CMC would be much better and more exciting but compared to DJ, Conner, Hopkins, Davante Adams, OBJ, Leveon Bell who were players going around Elliott for those who drafted him when holdout concerns dropped him to mid to late 1st round its still a good pickup relatively speaking. 

Exactly.  If you were picking 4th back at draft time, who would you realistically have taken?  It's all the guys mentioned that have been even bigger busts.  I mean, nobody was taking say Aaron Jones or Dalvin Cook at #4 overall.

Think of all the poor saps that drafted after the 4th spot with the disappointments they likely have.

Hopefully we see a Zeke "get right" game against the Lions next week.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

Exactly.  If you were picking 4th back at draft time, who would you realistically have taken?  It's all the guys mentioned that have been even bigger busts.  I mean, nobody was taking say Aaron Jones or Dalvin Cook at #4 overall.

Think of all the poor saps that drafted after the 4th spot with the disappointments they likely have.

Hopefully we see a Zeke "get right" game against the Lions next week.

Hopkins was a very popular 4th pick and I would actually much rather have taken Zeke if not for this stupid holdout concerns. Didn't want to play that game at all.