Boudewijn

Ezekiel Elliott 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

33 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

20 carries, 89 yards, 2 catches 9 yards, 0 TD's incoming.

23/171/2 plus 6 for 78 and 1. Highest scoring back of the week. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, OmegaRed88 said:

If only Zeke could get dumpoffs and run them in for scores like his backup.

You mean like he did today?  Or were you kidding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, K197040 said:

You mean like he did today?  Or were you kidding?

 

he rly needs about 6 of those a game 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, WayneFontes said:

Solid game.

 

16 for 45 (2.8 YPC) and 2 catches for 28 is not a solid game for him. The TD saved him, he would have had another crap 12 point game without it. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He looks bad. Glad for the output in this game but he's lost a step or three. Both he and Bell  look like lumbering plodders.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zeke just doesn't look very explosive to me and he's not used in the pass game anymore. I don't think you'll see much yardage from him this game but hopefully he can reach the endzone a time or two like last week.

Edited by WVFalcon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 10 20-47 yards

Week 11 16-45 yards

Behind the Dallas O line.. Any explaination?🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mjb said:

Week 10 20-47 yards

Week 11 16-45 yards

Behind the Dallas O line.. Any explaination?🤷‍♂️

I would bet every play call was exactly the same for each carry

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mjb said:

Week 10 20-47 yards

Week 11 16-45 yards

Behind the Dallas O line.. Any explaination?🤷‍♂️

 

They just run it up the middle to keep defense honest. The passing game is the priority now. At least, that's what my eyes tell me watching the games.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

 

They just run it up the middle to keep defense honest. The passing game is the priority now. At least, that's what my eyes tell me watching the games.

Agree with this 100%.   What's confounding is why they decided to pay him the kind of money they did.

Edited by K197040
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, K197040 said:

Agree with this 100%.   What's confounding is why they decided to pay him the kind of money they did.

 

Yeah I agree. If you want to run it up the middle 15 times to give off any pretense of a balanced offense, any JAG will do 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjb said:

Week 10 20-47 yards

Week 11 16-45 yards

Behind the Dallas O line.. Any explaination?🤷‍♂️

 

Vikings have a great run defense and so do the Lions. Lions have been banged up on the D line most the year but have gotten most of them back the last few weeks. Its not going to get any better. 4 of the last 5 games for the Cowboys are against top 12 rush defenses and all of them are top 10 overall defense. Just wanted to point out yet again I said to sell high on him after those back to back 20+ point games, I actually traded him before those games. That was the end of the cupcake schedule and his fantasy playoff schedule is brutal. Good luck. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

 

Vikings have a great run defense and so do the Lions. Lions have been banged up on the D line most the year but have gotten most of them back the last few weeks. Its not going to get any better. 4 of the last 5 games for the Cowboys are against top 12 rush defenses and all of them are top 10 overall defense. Just wanted to point out yet again I said to sell high on him after those back to back 20+ point games, I actually traded him before those games. That was the end of the cupcake schedule and his fantasy playoff schedule is brutal. Good luck. 

His playoff schedule is just fine. He already gutted the Eagles once and the Rams aren’t impervious to blow up games from opposing RBs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

leads the league with 45 red zone touches on a pretty good O ...god bless 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Uncle_Ruckus said:

His playoff schedule is just fine. He already gutted the Eagles once and the Rams aren’t impervious to blow up games from opposing RBs. 

 Weeks 14-16 are the Bears, Rams and Eagles. Currently the 8th, 5th and 4th ranked run defenses. Eagles game was at home, this is on the road with the division on the line. Bears game is also on the road. As I said, good luck with that. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dexter75 said:

 Weeks 14-16 are the Bears, Rams and Eagles. Currently the 8th, 5th and 4th ranked run defenses. Eagles game was at home, this is on the road with the division on the line. Bears game is also on the road. As I said, good luck with that. 

This is FANTASY FOOTBALL. And I’m fantasy football, the Bears have given up the 10 MOST points to RBs. The Rams have already been gashed more than once this season and Elliot ran wild on the Eagles a few weeks ago. But ok 😂😂😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, MJJ28 said:


Zeke doesn’t look the same to me, that was the point of my post. He doesn’t have break away speed anymore, he isn’t making guys miss, he still trucks guys, but that’s his entire game now. Get the handoff, lower shoulder and initiate contact, gain 4 yards, nothing more nothing less. That’s his game now. Good, but not special.

Nailed it.

Anyone trying to say otherwise isn't watching the games.

He gets his numbers because of sheer volume, which is all that matters for fantasy I guess. But this isn't '06 Zeke that used to be a threat to take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

He can't make guys miss at the 2nd level anymore.

One run of over 20+ this season. One. And that was 27 yards.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Nailed it.

Anyone trying to say otherwise isn't watching the games.

He gets his numbers because of sheer volume, which is all that matters for fantasy I guess. But this isn't '06 Zeke that used to be a threat to take it to the house from anywhere on the field.

He can't make guys miss at the 2nd level anymore.

One run of over 20+ this season. One. And that was 27 yards.

 

To be fair, competition has gotten a little harder since his '06 season.

 

8B98Qwk.jpg 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cleanface said:

How we feeling about NE??

weather concerns = potential ground and pound for Zeke??

 

Considering the Patriots have the best defense in the league, its in NE and Belichick is a master at taking away the opposing teams best player, I would greatly temper my expectations on Zeke this week. 

Edited by Dexter75

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...