Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

Or, the more likely it is to devalue the position further.

Fair has nothing to do with it. If RBs value their health more than their potential earnings in the NFL than they can use their college education to go be whatever else they'd like to be.

what is the next unfairly paid position after RBs are taken care of?

It looks like Bell and now Gordon are operating in the fair has nothing to do with paradigm by not giving into the master's wishes. They can do whatever they choose to do, what's best for them. Men don't go into pro football as a RB expecting to co e out the other end 100% healthy but they do expect to be compensated for being world class athletes playing arguably the most violent position in pro sports. In this CBA they need to FIGHT for what they expect. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mr.STD said:

100% of NFL players have done nothing at this point in the season...

Gordon would sit on my bench all season because the upside is astronomical.

Go ahead.  I need contributors now.   I am just done with it.         Very happy, and even if he comes back, I do not care.  🤬

3 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

It looks like Bell and now Gordon are operating in the fair has nothing to do with paradigm by not giving into the master's wishes. They can do whatever they choose to do, what's best for them. Men don't go into pro football as a RB expecting to co e out the other end 100% healthy but they do expect to be compensated for being world class athletes playing arguably the most violent position in pro sports. In this CBA they need to FIGHT for what they expect. 

There's always 1 or 2 guys waiting in the wings on the depth chart that can put up similar numbers for a fraction of the cost. See james connor last year. Teams know this and will refuse to pay players that don't honor their contracts. 

13 minutes ago, Sivaro said:

Go ahead.  I need contributors now.   I am just done with it.         Very happy, and even if he comes back, I do not care.  🤬

Gordon in the fifth followed with ekeler late=contributing now.

• Like 1

I wonder what the Chargers would want to trade him? 2nd or 3rd rounder? Every year a big name running back goes down. I’m holding for a few weeks to see if a trade happens. Someone could give him 10 mil for one year and see were it goes. To cut him now is foolish.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

I didn't say they couldn't act however they'd like. I only commented on the individuals effectiveness...

bell had leverage, MG has exactly zero leverage. They use their feelings as a foundation to fight as hard as they'd like, but that will not change the flood of young RB talent flooding the league to replace them.

too bad, so sad. 

13 minutes ago, oban14 said:

Gordon in the fifth followed with ekeler late=contributing now.

What if jjackson > ekeler?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, wahoos1 said:

I wonder what the Chargers would want to trade him? 2nd or 3rd rounder? Every year a big name running back goes down. I’m holding for a few weeks to see if a trade happens. Someone could give him 10 mil for one year and see were it goes. To cut him now is foolish.

Id hold for the whole season. MG is a premier option once someone's lead back goes down.

you drafted him knowing there were issues, let it pay off.

Just now, pbjfb said:

What if jjackson > ekeler?

Right now?

100% Ekeler in ppr

60%-40% J Jackson half ppr-standard

1 hour ago, Sivaro said:

I cut him

Sick of dealing with the stress and keeping  him on the bench doing nothing.  Let someone else have the headache.    I feel lighter already.

Why would you cut him?  You could find a single owner in your league willing to trade for him?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

what is Gordon’s trade value?

I’m redraft? Next to nothing. Nobody is going to want to clog their bench for 10 weeks hoping Gordon reports. 

Who knows?  But it's definitely more than the nothing you get when you release him onto waivers.

I know I'd get at least Breida or Miles Sanders for him.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Rico said:

Who knows?  But it's definitely more than the nothing you get when you release him onto waivers.

Who in their right mind would do that?

6 minutes ago, Johnny Rico said:

No you won't

What team is likely to trade for gordon?

Seahawks? Texans? Philly?

1 minute ago, ponchsox said:

Who in their right mind would do that?

I know I would.  Breida and Miles Sanders are what?  RB4s probably unless you drafted Zero-RB.  Are you telling me you wouldn't trade your RB4 for a possible league winning lottery ticket?  The only difference between Gordon and the typical lottery ticket prospect is that Gordon has already shown he has league winning ability.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rs79 said:

what is Gordon’s trade value?

A guy got Miles Sanders in one of my leagues 

Edited by shakestreet
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wyzzil said:

Bilbo you fool! 

I would go the Bobby Wagner route and represent myself. No way I would pay someone who pretends to be my friend.

I’m guessing Gordon caves sooner rather than later. With the Chargers allowing him to seek trade partners, I’m sure he has a pretty good gauge on his own value now. Given that no team seems to want him so far, I’m guessing he’s realized his value isn’t nearly what he hoped it would be. If that’s true, I find it hard to believe he would hold out much longer and miss actual game checks. In my opinion, most likely scenario is him signing the $10mm/ year deal the Chargers offered earlier. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Catch23 said:

I’m guessing Gordon caves sooner rather than later. With the Chargers allowing him to seek trade partners, I’m sure he has a pretty good gauge on his own value now. Given that no team seems to want him so far, I’m guessing he’s realized his value isn’t nearly what he hoped it would be. If that’s true, I find it hard to believe he would hold out much longer and miss actual game checks. In my opinion, most likely scenario is him signing the $10mm/ year deal the Chargers offered earlier. 

Would that 10Mil offer still be available to him? Or could the owners be jerks and say “sorry that offer is no longer valid “

Edited by mjames242
Spelling
  • Like 1

Just now, mjames242 said:

Would that 10Mil offer still be abatible to him? Or could the owners be jerks and say “sorry that offer is no longer valid “

I doubt the team would let pride step in the way of this. If they thought he was worth $10mm before, I assume the offer is still on the table. It just doesn’t sound like they are willing to go any higher. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mjames242 said:

Would that 10Mil offer still be available to him? Or could the owners be jerks and say “sorry that offer is no longer valid “

TIL "jerks' offer people $10,000,000 for constantly being injured.

Edited by Mr.STD
  • Haha 1

For me the biggest difference between this and the Bell situation is that Gordon has been able to fully seek out his trade value and be traded if he found a team willing to take him. Bell didn’t have this option and needed to wait until the season was over to check his value. I just don’t see what Gordon’s incentive to hold out would be if it seems like the Chargers really won’t go any higher. 

• Like 1