Boudewijn

Melvin Gordon 2019 Outlook

52 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Sure he has leverage. He's arguably one of the top three players at his position, in his prime and the team's success requires him on the field. 

Literally none of these statements are true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

There's at least one or two teams waiting to break the bank on a 26 year old RB with this level of talent.

And neither of these teams have signed him yet?

is it because he's

1) A diva

2) Not as good as he thinks he is

3) Completely replaceable 

4) Was an unrealistic maniac on his previous team and was happy to screw over the entire team for a dollar

Edited by Mr.STD

29 minutes ago, Spyplane said:

Yeah, that's even better for him if he wants to hit the market next summer or work a trade. 

I went through the whole Bell saga last year and even though he killed my team I was happy for him that he made it out, got a good deal and the Steelers bombed without him. Pay the man or prepare for a headache. This is how it's got to be for the top tier backs.

Steelers bombed without him?  They were the 6th highest scoring team in the league. 

2 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Steelers bombed without him?  They were the 6th highest scoring team in the league. 

Dont ruin Jr's fantasy

I don't own Gordon, and not a Chargers fan, so no axe to grind.  Glad to see the team sticking to its plan.  These running backs need to learn how replaceable they are.  No team should be devoting major cap.space to the position.  I hope to see Gordon and Zeke sit while watching their teams succeed without them. 

Your Bench Must Be Deeper Than Mine

don't see how anyone can hold a player till week 13 on their bench

1 hour ago, FouLLine said:

Over / Under 3 game hold out?

Over

3 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Your Bench Must Be Deeper Than Mine

don't see how anyone can hold a player till week 13 on their bench

He's in my IR slot Yahoo league.. so no worries . Justin Jackson was on the waivers and I scooped him up , so let's see how this committee with Ekeler shapes up. Irregardless If I had to, I would stash him on bench. Nothing is for certain yet on how many games he will miss. Dude has league winning upside, and most folks drafted him rounds 5-6 . You either try and trade Gordon now or you sit tight. Anything else is way to pre-mature at this point . 

8 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

He's in my IR slot Yahoo league.. so no worries . Justin Jackson was on the waivers and I scooped him up , so let's see how this committee with Ekeler shapes up. Irregardless If I had to, I would stash him on bench. Nothing is for certain yet on how many games he will miss. Dude has league winning upside, and most folks drafted him rounds 5-6 . You either try and trade Gordon now or you sit tight. Anything else is way to pre-mature at this point . 

Justin Jackson was on waivers? Cool league bro. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Who is this "other back"?

Edited by nonstopfan

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Yeah, that's even better for him if he wants to hit the market next summer or work a trade. 

I went through the whole Bell saga last year and even though he killed my team I was happy for him that he made it out, got a good deal and the Steelers bombed without him. Pay the man or prepare for a headache. This is how it's got to be for the top tier backs.

Call me crazy but I think the steelers did better without bell statistically. 

https://clutchpoints.com/steelers-news-pittsburghs-record-with-and-without-leveon-bell/

8 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Justin Jackson was on waivers? Cool league bro. 

Lmao who are you bro .. we drafted a week ago before all this negative Gordon developments. 10 team league, 5 bench spots. All it takes is a little common sense Jujubee , just a little. You with me so far, basically means the waiver wire is loaded. Kalen Ballage , Darwin Thompson for example are on the wire. Big Ben, Rivers , Trey Burton, etc etc. Move along with your condescending posts , you added nothing to this discussion. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oban14 said:

I've never been a fan, this is my first time owning him anywhere, but I cant deny the statistics/fantasy points he puts up.

Love him in fantasy(when he plays), just don’t think he’s that great irl. Like not good enough to holdout and turn down 10m a year 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Lmao who are you bro .. we drafted a week ago before all this negative Gordon developments. 10 team league, 5 bench spots. All it takes is a little common sense Jujubee , just a little. You with me so far, basically means the waiver wire is loaded. Kalen Ballage , Darwin Thompson for example are on the wire. Big Ben, Rivers , Trey Burton, etc etc. Move along with your condescending posts , you added nothing to this discussion. 

Bbbbut he plays in a league full of sharps

• Haha 2

He recently started following the 49ers, Eagles, Raiders and Falcons on IG so start the speculation! lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chardo said:

I don't own Gordon, and not a Chargers fan, so no axe to grind.  Glad to see the team sticking to its plan.  These running backs need to learn how replaceable they are.  No team should be devoting major cap.space to the position.  I hope to see Gordon and Zeke sit while watching their teams succeed without them. 

Sounds like a company-man....I'm pro-player regardless of position and want every player to maximize their earnings 

53 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Oh sorry, with my lack of common sense I didn't realize all the negative Gordon developments just came out about a week ago, although I could have sworn being aware of this well over a month ago, and watching Ekeler and Jackson being drafted everywhere as a result. 

5 hours ago, Sivaro said:

I cut him

Sick of dealing with the stress and keeping  him on the bench doing nothing.  Let someone else have the headache.    I feel lighter already.

WTF? You don’t have IR? I just put him on IR. 

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

Who is this "other back"?

I think he’s trying to say he’s Zeke. 😂

• Haha 2

SMH with the NFL.  Guys sign deals and then say I won’t play without pay???  They would pay him his contract if he reported right?  I agree with the chargers.  Retire early if you don’t like it.

I drafted him in the 5th and will let him sit until this plays out.  Don’t believe anyone trades for him at his asking price.  He was offered to be made the 4th highest paid back in the NFL.  A position which he is not even close too...

Edited by jjbooda
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

Oh sorry, with my lack of common sense I didn't realize all the negative Gordon developments just came out about a week ago, although I could have sworn being aware of this well over a month ago, and watching Ekeler and Jackson being drafted everywhere as a result. 

It's ok your forgiven . A month ago was a different situation , most folks were optimistic he would report week 1. It's only recently that Chargers broke off contract talks , and told Gordon to seek a trade partner. Now the talk is he won't show till week 10 or whatever to accrue this season towards FA . You know this yourself , so why continue bickering. Just go back a few pages on this thread the proof is right there. And I call B.S on JJ being drafted everywhere a month ago, he's barely owned 32% in Yahoo leagues .  Ekeler yes 

• Like 1

The Chargers aren't gonna pay him what he wants... that is a given at this point. Now it becomes a game of what he will accept. 

4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

It's ok your forgiven . A month ago was a different situation , most folks were optimistic he would report week 1. It's only recently that Chargers broke off contract talks , and told Gordon to seek a trade partner. Now the talk is he won't show till week 10 or whatever to accrue this season towards FA . You know this yourself , so why continue bickering. Just go back a few pages on this thread the proof is right there. And I call B.S on JJ being drafted everywhere a month ago, he's barely owned 32% in Yahoo leagues .  Ekeler yes 

I drafted a month ago and he was not drafted. He was claimed off waivers though by another team after the draft. I got Ekeler for his standalone value in PPR. I just wasn't sold enough on Jackson to roster the entire Chargers backfield.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spyplane said:

There's at least one or two teams waiting to break the bank on a 26 year old RB with this level of talent.

Oh for sure...He will get paid in the offseason by another team definitely. But as for now, that team has to give up draft picks in order to have the chance to pay him. And the chargers probably want a first or two firsts. Which i don't see happening

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

WTF? You don’t have IR? I just put him on IR. 

I have moved past it.

No, we do not have league IR settings on in my league.   So , he is just listed as out.  I need players, not wasted space.

Hit the Eject.

eject.jpg

Edited by Sivaro